✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cultus_Diabolus said:
And Marilyn Manson isn't just trying to get anyone's goats. He is a member of the Church of Satan and a very famous Satanist.
I didn't say he wasn't; I said that I think his image (meaning onstage, as a performer) is there almost solely to strike up controversy. There have been several reports that I've seen, either around here or on TV interviews or whatnot that have pretty much come out and said that offstage, etc. he's fairly low-key (or at least not inflammatory to the level of when he's onstage). That's really all I was saying, coupled with the musing that the controversial image was largely to rub Evangelicals and Fundamentalists the wrong way and throw them into a frenzy (which did end up happening).

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
See to me “satanic” means materialistic—those who are only in it for themselves—not because they like music, not because they want to make the world a better place through their art. The one who are only into the whole rock and roll lifestyle because they want to be rich and famous and be d*mned to everyone else. To me those are the real satanic people and I think most of today’s so called artist fall under that category. So in my opinion Britney Spears would be one of the biggest Satanist of them all.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
well, there is two sides to this:

Our OP could be referring to the 'satanic' in which mainstream media and culture refers music that to them is 'dark' and 'evil' just because the music/lyrics/apperance is different.

OR, it could be the actual religious affilation with Satan, whether bands actually worship him or not.

I think we need to realize that he's probably talking about the first one.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Man, this tread brings back memories.

Any of you remember those old 80's video tapes made about 'satanic music', and they'd bring up bands like AC/DC, Metallica etc, or just any rock music in general?

It's wierd, I remember this feeling in my mind that while the producers of those videos had good intentions, their message just didn't sit right with me for some reason. I do have a pretty diverse taste in music, and will listen to anything from Enya, to Bach, to Metallica to REM. It's wierd though, that the genre I'm into the most now is metal, especially some of the Scandinavian bands, like Nightwish and Evergrey.

If I don't choose to listen to a band, it's more often than not based on the fact that I find something about that band that turns me off to listening to 'em. Classic case in point - Led Zeppelin. I can't stand Robert Plant's vocal style. The same is pretty much true for almost all of modern 'mainstream' radio today. So many of the bands just don't interest me.

Upvote 0

Cultus_Diabolus

Apr 13, 2006
Hell
✟15,178.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
moonkitty said:
See to me “satanic” means materialistic—those who are only in it for themselves—not because they like music, not because they want to make the world a better place through their art. The one who are only into the whole rock and roll lifestyle because they want to be rich and famous and be d*mned to everyone else. To me those are the real satanic people and I think most of today’s so called artist fall under that category. So in my opinion Britney Spears would be one of the biggest Satanist of them all.

Britney Spears has a baby now (almost two) that should bring her down to earth. As for the rest of your post, I see your point but really that's just selfish people, not Satanists.

In another note, don't anybody even THINK of saying Black Sabbath because they are so far away from Satanist its not even funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lvythn said:
King Diamond of Mercyful Fate is a Church of Satan member.

Venom are mostly a gimmick act, but they have great lyrics and catchy songs. Check out "In League With Satan" and "In Nomine Satanas."
I used to date someone who LOVED King Diamond, and I was about to post he was a satanist til I saw your post and you had beat me to it.
I have to admit he sings good.
People used to say KISS, but I doubt that, Gene Simmons worships money. hey....hm

Upvote 0

CaerMac

God is my salvation
May 7, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,456.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
People used to (and many still do) say that Iron Maiden is Satanic. However, if you read many of their lyrics, especially those from The X-Factor, (Sign of the Cross and Judgement of Heaven) it definitely seems otherwise.
As for Cradle of Filth, hard to say if they are really Satanic or not. I used to listen to them, really loved their stuff, but then I realized that the music didn't make me feel very nice at all. Of course at that time, I was going through some bad times, dabbling with things that I had no business.
Now I listen to Classical Music and Power Metal exclusively. Power Metal - that's music that makes you feel good. Lyrics such as these by the band Helloween:

If you're out there all alone
And you don't know where to go to
Come and take a trip with me to Future World

And if you're running through your life
And you don't know what the sense is
Come and look how it could be, in Future World

We all live in happiness our life is full of joy
We say the word "tomorrow" without fear
The feeling of togetherness is always at our side
We love our life and we know we will stay

Cause we all live in Future World
A world that's full of love
Our future life will be glorious
Come with me - Future World
(- Future World)

OR

I am the one, doom's in my hands
Now make your choice,
Redeemed or enslaved

I'll show you passion and glory
(He is the snake)
I'll give you power and abudance
(He's the corrupter of man)

Save me from the evil one
Give me strenght to carry on
I will fight for all mankind's
Deliverance and peace of mind
(- Halloween)

Reactions: kazzman
Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I used to know a bunch of "local bands" and other various smaller groups that were not only openly Satanists, but you probably wouldn't have guessed it by looking at them on stage. The lyrics they had were somewhat of a giveaway, though... well, if you're sharp enough to actually figure out what they're talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
CaerMac said:
People used to (and many still do) say that Iron Maiden is Satanic. However, if you read many of their lyrics, especially those from The X-Factor, (Sign of the Cross and Judgement of Heaven) it definitely seems otherwise.
As for Cradle of Filth, hard to say if they are really Satanic or not. I used to listen to them, really loved their stuff, but then I realized that the music didn't make me feel very nice at all. Of course at that time, I was going through some bad times, dabbling with things that I had no business.
Now I listen to Classical Music and Power Metal exclusively. Power Metal - that's music that makes you feel good. Lyrics such as these by the band Helloween:

If you're out there all alone
And you don't know where to go to
Come and take a trip with me to Future World

And if you're running through your life
And you don't know what the sense is
Come and look how it could be, in Future World

We all live in happiness our life is full of joy
We say the word "tomorrow" without fear
The feeling of togetherness is always at our side
We love our life and we know we will stay

Cause we all live in Future World
A world that's full of love
Our future life will be glorious
Come with me - Future World
(- Future World)

OR

I am the one, doom's in my hands
Now make your choice,
Redeemed or enslaved

I'll show you passion and glory
(He is the snake)
I'll give you power and abudance
(He's the corrupter of man)

Save me from the evil one
Give me strenght to carry on
I will fight for all mankind's
Deliverance and peace of mind
(- Halloween)

Hmmm Cradle's music makes me feel good, it's beautiful some of it.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bands, even if they really aren't into the occult, when they use symbols assosiated with it, can attract the bad stuff.
Example. I once, long ago, liked Motley Crue.
I hung up some photos of them in my room, and sensed evil.
I could sense things back then.
When I took them down and threw them out, the atmosphere changed right away; it brightened up.

Upvote 0