✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hobo[IG leader] said:
Dunno if this thread already exists, but I thought that it's often pretty hard to tell if bands are satanic (sometimes its spelt out, so those are a little easier) so I thought this would be a good place to compile a list of satanic bands. No 'unchristian' bands that have 'bad' songs or themes or crap like that (Cradle of Filth), but just outright openly satanic bands. Such as the likes of:

Slayer

*add more below*
I'm from the 80's and know a great deal about Slayer. Not only is the Satanic image a propaganda tool, but was intended to show how they fealt about the filth and hate in the world.
They simply happen to be more graphic about how they display their disdain toward true evil.

Upvote 0

Cultus_Diabolus

Apr 13, 2006
Hell
✟15,178.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
blackwasp said:
Black Sabbath

You better be joking, especially after my post right before that. If you seriously think Black Sabbath is Satanic, then you just took the word you heard and never listened to them or read their lyrics. If you want a truly Christian song, go to some lyrics site and look up After Forever. Very blatantly Christian.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ScottyL said:
Lol Z500 that was funny.

But seriously, I have lots of CDs of "satanic" bands and I've never had any experiences.

I think you were afraid having those pics up would do something to you, and thats why it did.
Nope. I certainly did not think anything of the sort when I put them up.

Upvote 0

blackwasp

Skinless
Nov 18, 2003
Midwest
Visit site
✟4,736.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Cultus_Diabolus said:
You better be joking, especially after my post right before that. If you seriously think Black Sabbath is Satanic, then you just took the word you heard and never listened to them or read their lyrics. If you want a truly Christian song, go to some lyrics site and look up After Forever. Very blatantly Christian.

I'll let you think this one through on your own.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lvythn said:
Ozzy Osbourne, however, is so far from being 'satanic' that it's ridiculous to mention him and Ol' Nick in the same sentence.
Satan doesn't always have to be a scary monster. Maybe he can come across as a doddering, sweet ol guy.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not for you to decide whether Ozzy is satanic or not. It's between him and God.

Lol I just realized that I listen to most of the bands that have been posted here.

And having a picture up won't invite demons into your house, it must have been something else. You said you were dabbling in things you shouldn't have been, that was what did it, not the pictures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaerMac

God is my salvation
May 7, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,456.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
ScottyL said:
It's not for you to decide whether Ozzy is satanic or not. It's between him and God.

Lol I just realized that I listen to most of the bands that have been posted here.

And having a picture up won't invite demons into your house, it must have been something else. You said you were dabbling in things you shouldn't have been, that was what did it, not the pictures.

You should pay more attention to who posts what. I said that I was dabbling with things I had no business... I said nothing about any pictures. And the person who mentioned the pictures said nothing about dabbling.

Perhaps the evil in the room that this person felt was there because she knew deep down that there was something wrong. The again, maybe it was because God expected her to be above such things. He could have been letting her know.

As for pictures... I have no reason to doubt things like that could happen. I have had similar things happen to me, and these things happened way before I allowed myself to be persuaded to follow after another belief (Wicca, if it needs a name). Way before that, when I was a kid, there were a couple times I hung things on the wall, and they would mysteriously be moved to a chair arm about two feet from the wall. One was a picture of the magician David Copperfield, the other, a Valentines candy box (my mother taught me Valentines was pagan). I could have understood them fallinf from the wall, and had they fell, they would have landed on the floor. Everytime, they alwways ended up in exactly the same place. That chair arm. I accused my mom of doing it until I saw them moved again and I knew she hadn't been in my room. Needless to say, I finally threw them in the trash.

As far as my dabbling goes, I became enamoured with paganism, Wicca, witchcraft, spell-casting, whatever it was, about four years ago. One night when I was trying to sleep, I felt this horrible presence in the room. It felt cold, disgusting - in all honesty, I cannot really describe how it felt. But it was pure evil.

Up to that point, God had always been with me. No matter how rebellious I became, how hard I tried to get away from God and "do as I would", He always held on to me. Why? I do not know. But He did, and I am thankful.

That night, I prayed. I was terrified. I promised God that I would never ever again do those things which were so evil. It instantly disappeared.

None of this was my imagination. I was not the only person that felt this presence. But when I prayed, God heard, and He made it leave.

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. (Psalms 116:1)

Reactions: New Creation
Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lvythn said:
Bill Ward (the drummer) is something of an occultist, he wrote the title song.

Are you sure? The most common story is that Geezer Butler was interested in the occult but had a frightening experience and related the story to Ozzy, who wrote lyrics for it. Tony Iommi himself says the song is a "warning."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I always heard that Mick Jagger was a member of the Church of Satan, which most members don't even believe in Satan, and only use the name of Satan because it stands for "adversary." Or at least that's what Lavay's daughter says about the church. Don't know if Jagger is a member, just heard that he was.

Iron Maiden's drummer is now a Christian right? I heard that.

I agree with Steel Disciple. As a whole, there's no gray area, music is either godly or isn't. Different things make up each, not just lyrics.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because it's not I LOVE JESUS HE DIED FOR ME I'LL SEE HIM IN HEAVEN WHEN I DIE doesn't mean it's not for God .....you need to think over what you're saying.

I'm sorry, but there IS a gray area. Like this song:

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun

The sun is sleeping quietly
Once upon a century
Wistful oceans calm and red
Ardent caresses laid to rest

For my dreams I hold my life
For wishes I behold my night
The truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime

I wish for this night-time
to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me
Shores of a solar sea
Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
Sleeping
Weeping
With you

Sorrow has a human heart
From my god it will depart
I'd sail before a thousand moons
Never finding where to go

Two hundred twenty-two days of light
Will be desired by a night
A moment for the poet's play
Until there's nothing left to say

I wish for this night-time...

This isn't OMG I LOVE JESUS!!11!!!!1 But it isn't against God either.

and Howard, I have plenty of posters and CDs of satanic bands and I've never had any experiences. I'm very sensitive to that sort of thing too. I guess it varies from person to person, but I highly doubt it was the pictures that brought something in.

Upvote 0

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ScottyL said:
Just because it's not I LOVE JESUS HE DIED FOR ME I'LL SEE HIM IN HEAVEN WHEN I DIE doesn't mean it's not for God .....you need to think over what you're saying.

I'm sorry, but there IS a gray area. Like this song:

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun

The sun is sleeping quietly
Once upon a century
Wistful oceans calm and red
Ardent caresses laid to rest

For my dreams I hold my life
For wishes I behold my night
The truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime

I wish for this night-time
to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me
Shores of a solar sea
Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
Sleeping
Weeping
With you

Sorrow has a human heart
From my god it will depart
I'd sail before a thousand moons
Never finding where to go

Two hundred twenty-two days of light
Will be desired by a night
A moment for the poet's play
Until there's nothing left to say

This isn't OMG I LOVE JESUS!!11!!!!1 But it isn't against God either.

and Howard, I have plenty of posters and CDs of satanic bands and I've never had any experiences. I'm very sensitive to that sort of thing too. I guess it varies from person to person, but I highly doubt it was the pictures that brought something in.

And I said its more than lyrics that make a song godly or ungodly. I said as a whole, so I've carefully thought what I'm saying. I could write a song where all it says is, I love Jesus, but if I don't mean that or mean what I'm singing then it's no more godly than singing about scoring with thirty women in one night.

You say there is a gray area, I say there isn't...stalemate. I'm not posting to change anyone's music tastes. Lyrics and chords aren't all that make a song. It's attitudes, mental states and all other kinds of fluctuating emotions and that's where the ungodly-godly part comes from.

Reactions: New Creation
Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ScottyL said:
Apparently you aren't senstive to that.
Your icon says other religion. Are you christian? if not, then you wouldn't notice those things.
I don't doubt, I know it was, whether you believe it or not.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know what my icon says, some stupid pastor on these boards changed it because he said I didn't believe what I said I believed.

I'm a messianic Jew, and yes, I'm sensitive to those kind of things.

Sword In Hand: you're right, it's not just the lyrics, it's the attitude. I won't argue, you can have your own opinion.

Upvote 0