Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1a

Satan, apparently, is a clever fellow. Do you suppose sometimes he tricks us into doing his will?
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

So I don't think he's capable of love.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

So I don't think he's capable of love.
I've never attributed love as one of Satan's attributes. It seems to me he wants us to kneel down to him, and since he can't show his face, he tries to force us to kneel down to his chosen people.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, I think we need to be aware of what the enemy is up to. Otherwise we are easy prey

And this takes discernment. Not everyone's discernment is reliable and it takes time for one's discernment to strengthen. This is why it's more important to strengthen discernment by knowing God's word and His character before attempting to analyze and make conclusions as to what the devil may or may not even be doing in our lives, as this could lead into confusion. The best way to learn to discern the counterfeit (Satan) from authentic spirituality (God) is to spend so much time with God that we are made hyper-sensitive to the counterfeit. If a younger believer spends time studying God and the Devil equally, this may give opportunity to the adversary to sow confusion and half-truth in their awareness.

Not all in the army are called to the front lines.

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
And this takes discernment. Not everyone's discernment is reliable and it takes time for one's discernment to strengthen. This is why it's more important to strengthen discernment by knowing God's word and His character before attempting to analyze and make conclusions as to what the devil may or may not even be doing in our lives, as this could lead into confusion. The best way to learn to discern the counterfeit (Satan) from authentic spirituality (God) is to spend so much time with God that we are made hyper-sensitive to the counterfeit. If a younger believer spends time studying God and the Devil equally, this may give opportunity to the adversary to sow confusion and half-truth in their awareness.

Not all in the army are called to the front lines.
Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). That perhaps is the most important tool we have.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you sure?

Hmm...good point. He will continue to deceive. I was referring to my old ways, but thanks for the reminder that the deception will never end on this earth. I least that's what I think you mean.

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Servant232

May 29, 2017
The High places of Jacob
✟38,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ummm, what about the first occurrence of the word 'satan' in the Bible found here in Numbers 22:22 - but when it is referring too the one - formerly known as hey'll - called satan, the dragon, the serpent of old, when a noun - capitalizing shows to much respect where it is not required. Nor is it the custom of .... anyways

and the second, and the third 44 it isn't until the 9th time that satan is found in the Hebrew before the KJV translates satan as a noun, adversary, withstand, adversary, adversaries, adversary adversary adversary adversary .. until the 9th time then adversary gets all capped out from one of the many adversaries, satans

Zechariah 3:2

And YAHUWAH said unto satan, YAHUWAH rebuke thee, O satan even YAHUWAH that hath chosen Yerushalayim rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, YAHUWAH rebuke thee.

Michael dared not bring an accusation against the devil But Yeshua Had no problem, telling him where to go

Matthew 4:1 Matthew 4:10

Then saith Yeshua unto him, Get thee hence, satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship YAHUWAH ELoheyka, and Him only shalt thou serve.

Psalms 78:41, Psalms 78:56
Yea, they turned back and tempted EL, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

Luke 4:34

Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with Thee, Thou
Yeshua of Nazareth? art Thou come to destroy us? i know Thee who Thou art; the Holy One of God.

Act 3:14

But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

There are already strong delusions attacking the Bible, the flat earth deception and the mandela defect that are constantly being programmed into millions, new videos come out everyday saying the Bible is changing, the Bible says the earth is flat - fixed in one place, not spinning and has a dome OY VEY... and OY VEY

the wolf shall lie down with the lamb.

Ahmane

now for the bad part, satan is the prince of the power of the air/ heaven / our atmosphere, he and his minions, above and below

that's the bad part, the worse part is when the dragon gets cast down to the earth with the third that fell with him, rejoicing in Heaven, because the accuser of the brethren is kicked out, but Woe OY VEY to the earth. Revelation 12:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lee Stuvmen

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
✟30,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1a

Satan, apparently, is a clever fellow. Do you suppose sometimes he tricks us into doing his will?

Do you believe he could actually be inside of some or even ALL of the world's religious divisions, with the SOLE INTENT of DECEIVING EVEN THE VERY ELECT, if it were possible?

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

What I find most distressing is the natural self denial of human perceptions.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

DECEIVED - :to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid
WHOLE
- : complete or full : not lacking or leaving out any part
WORLD
- :the inhabitants of the earth :the human race

IF THIS IS TRUTH, THEN;

-EVERY government in the world(lacking none)

-EVERY institute of education(lacking none)

-EVERY religious denomination(lacking none)

except our church/nation/self

is deceived?

Rather than being fearful for their eternal lives and seeking out truthful information to RECOGNIZE Satan's LIES, . . . . . . . . .

they are INSULTED at the THOUGHT that ALL OF US are included among the human race.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Clever? NOT to give him any glory but he was full of wisdom. This he still has. Why? He hates anything everything God made. There is no good no truth left in him. Why? I really dont care.. Jesus is lord.. I have all power over the enemy period.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

GosDontez

Wisdom Fuel
Sep 14, 2017
Stone Mountain
Visit site
✟10,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I would vote yes. Considering what Eve said about being beguiled. And considering all he used were words, Satan is NOT to be underestimated.

Anyone who can get angels to follow him should not be taken on without the Word of God as their weapon.

Not saying that I do, but I can see why Satan is admired, even worshipped. And....he has a singular position as the 1st to betray God.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's Hebrew for 'the (ha) divider (satan)' (who brings division between God and man, between God's people, between the gods (angels)).
"satan" is not a name, you shouldn't write it with a capital S.

I have only seen "satan" capitalized. Even when a CF reply displays "satan" not capitalized, a spelling error is indicated that goes away when a cap "S" is used.
Enough said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

2 Cor 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Eph 2
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Eph 6
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

1 Peter 5:8 8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.” 8 The Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.” 9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.” 12 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the Lord.

Luke 4
Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness 2 for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry.
3 And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.” 4 And Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’”
5 And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” 8 Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

Matt 4
8 Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9 and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’” 11 Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

"the devil" is what he is. A fallen angel.
"Satan" is his name after having fallen from being Lucifer -- a change of names.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Sometimes? It's more like all the time, i.e., unless we're led by the Holy Spirit. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

if a person believes in the true Lord God and keeps His Commandments, satan won't be able to trick them (easily)

Blessings

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). That perhaps is the most important tool we have.
not sure it is the most important tool we have but definitely one of the most. One of the schemes of Satan I uncovered is his desire to separate us from the word of God as well as using the same word against us. This would make study of scripture, memorizing passages, and meditating on the word equally important to prayer. In fact, in the OT they were told to wear the law on their hands or forehead and talk about them continually with their children.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Probably. But, he doesn't succeed every single time. We're more clever than him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you believe he could actually be inside of some or even ALL of the world's religious divisions, with the SOLE INTENT of DECEIVING EVEN THE VERY ELECT, if it were possible?

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

What I find most distressing is the natural self denial of human perceptions.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

DECEIVED - :to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid
WHOLE
- : complete or full : not lacking or leaving out any part
WORLD
- :the inhabitants of the earth :the human race

IF THIS IS TRUTH, THEN;

-EVERY government in the world(lacking none)

-EVERY institute of education(lacking none)

-EVERY religious denomination(lacking none)

except our church/nation/self

is deceived?

Rather than being fearful for their eternal lives and seeking out truthful information to RECOGNIZE Satan's LIES, . . . . . . . . .

they are INSULTED at the THOUGHT that ALL OF US are included among the human race.
Yes, I think he infiltrates the church as much as he can, and he especially likes to lead the elect astray.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Clever? NOT to give him any glory but he was full of wisdom. This he still has. Why? He hates anything everything God made. There is no good no truth left in him. Why? I really dont care.. Jesus is lord.. I have all power over the enemy period.
You have all power over the enemy as long as you walk with the Lord.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Probably. But, he doesn't succeed every single time. We're more clever than him.
Once we stop sinning, perhaps we are in a position to say we are more clever than he is.

Upvote 0