Not open for further replies.

IB

Idaho Bassman
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
I finially got registered. Thanks GW for posting my scripture references.

Yo Catchup,
It would appear from the scriptures mentioned below that the spiritaul and physical realm co-exist to some degree. It is my opinion that the Garden of Eden was a place where the spiritual and the physical existed in the same realm. Also the LORD is able to 'open our eyes' to see the spiritual realm. This seems to be super natural to me. Go and look at the whole story of Balaam. Would you be suprised if your donkey started talking to you?? Also go look at the whole story in 2Kings6. Note: 2 Kings 6:16, "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." This is true for us today. Without us even knowing it, spiritual battles are being fought all around us and every once and a while I think some people do get a glimps of it. So I wouldn't think that if someone got a glimps that it was from Satan or from God, I wouldn't label it. Just accept it and learn from it.

re-post:

1) Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

2) When our eyes are opened we can see into the spiritual realm
Numbers 22:31
Then the Lord opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.
2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, "O Lord , open his eyes so he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

see ya -- Idaho Bassman

Upvote 0

Ephesian

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟294.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by davo

Luke 10:18 (NKJV) And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Davo - If God is the Alpha and Omega, always was and always will be, then does God exist outside of time? Then God would have seen the end from the beginning, which means Jesus would already have seen the future event of Satan falling like lightning. Could that not apply?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Then God would have seen the end from the beginning,

The end is contained in the beginning. Jesus talked about the beginning of the church, the early rain, and the end of the church age, the latter rain. He talked about them both at the same time.

In nature, the mighty oak started out as a tiny seed. The seed contains all that is needed to send that oak on it's way toward becoming a mature tree. The blueprint in that mature tree is right there at the beginning.

It amazes me that every year a tree puts out enough seeds to grow a small forest.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Ephesian

Davo - If God is the Alpha and Omega, always was and always will be, then does God exist outside of time? Then God would have seen the end from the beginning, which means Jesus would already have seen the future event of Satan falling like lightning. Could that not apply?

Hello Ephesian,
I like the way you swing that hammer. You hit the nail right on the head and burried it with one shot.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by Ephesian

G'day Ephesian. There is definite truth in what you say, however it is also important to recognise the context within what Jesus was saying (which doesn't deny what you said) and that it was His ministry and consequently that of His annointed disciples that was bringing about the demise of Satans activities -and this demise soon to be complete as per the Rom 16 promise.

davo

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please take the time to read my post. :)

Satan is Lucifer and yes, he is a fallen angel.
Jesus defeated Satan but did not yet destroy him.

He is very much a part of this world. His battle against God for our souls has not ended. Satan himself wants to be worshiped. He tries desperately to fool believers by disguising himself as an "Angel of Light" bringing with him false messages. We must not let down our guard. We must stand firm. God, through Christ, has given Christians the power of the Holy Spirit within our souls. So if we put on the amour of God and stay alert and aware...We have the ability to claim the defeat of Satan within ourselves. But it is foolish to believe that he no longer exists. For Satan is engaged in a world-wide and age-long struggle against God, ever seeking to defeat the divine plans of grace toward mankind and to seduce people to evil and ruin.

Be patient my friends... The time will come for Satan's revealed doom. There will be no need for judgement for Satan was already judged in the Cross. Christ will return to earth. Satan will then be condemned to suffer eternal doom with those he deceived.
May God Bless you, and keep you forever within his grace.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To me, it's like Satan was defeated at the cross....but it's kind of like he was sentenced, but is still on "death row" awaiting his punishment. So in the meantime he keeps causing trouble and filing appeals (with US) hoping against hope. It's a done deal, but he won't accept it. He'll be kicking and screaming all the way to his final end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by Christi
To me, it's like Satan was defeated at the cross....but it's kind of like he was sentenced, but is still on "death row" awaiting his punishment. So in the meantime he keeps causing trouble and filing appeals (with US) hoping against hope. It's a done deal, but he won't accept it. He'll be kicking and screaming all the way to his final end.

G'day Christi,

To me, it's like Satan was defeated from the Cross to the Coming....but it's kind of like some have trouble believing Jesus really dealt him the death-blow. So in the mean time his supposed "causing trouble" appeals to us, hoping against hope "we" can defeat him. However it's a done deal, Jesus did it, but we won't accept it, dragged kickin and screaming, and all the way giving place to the devil.

The Devil's downfall is an established biblical fact -JESUS RULES TOTAL!! What a glorious message of FREEDOM! :clap:

davo

Upvote 0

Ephesian

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟294.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by davo
To me, it's like Satan was defeated from the Cross to the Coming....
The Devil's downfall is an established biblical fact
davo

Absolutely. Satan was defeated at the Cross. AMEN!
That means Satan no longer has power over us...us meaning those who are in Christ Jesus. As for the world...meaning unbelievers...he is very much active, trying to destroy as many souls as he can.

I don't know if you have ever dabbled in the things of Satan before you were a Christian, or if you know someone who has, but I can tell you he is quite active and does not act like a defeated foe, EVEN THOUGH HE IS. To the world he is formidable, to us he is yesterdays news. BUT, we do live in the world even though we are not of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Folks, you're forgetting one very important thing -actually event. Paul and others were writing in their "then" present tense, and Satan at "their" time of writing had not been thrown into the Lake of Fire -that was still future -though not very much future. When Jesus came in judgment/deliverance in AD70 Satan along with death (and others) were thrown into the LOF.

Sure people dabble in all soughts of evil things -and pay the price for it, however you don't need the devil or demons for that -the unregenerate heart of man IS fully capable of such evil (Jer 17:9)

Rom 7:19 (KJV) 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
[did you notice that the only letter "e" in this verse has no "D" in front of it.]

Gal 5:19-20 (KJV) 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Clearly Paul by the Spirit says: "WITCHCRAFT is a work of the FLESH". It is psychic manipulation, it is NOT demonic activity i.e., it is SIN, not Satan (read Romans 7).

davo

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus came in judgment/deliverance in AD70 Satan along with death (and others) were thrown into the LOF.

Where do you get your understanding of the Bible? Is this part of your teachings from your Church or do you conceive it by yourself?

Sure people dabble in all soughts of evil things -and pay the price for it, however you don't need the devil or demons for that -the unregenerate heart of man IS fully capable of such evil (Jer 17:9)

Rom 7:19 (KJV) 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
[did you notice that the only letter "e" in this verse has no "D" in front of it.]

Gal 5:19-20 (KJV) 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Clearly Paul by the Spirit says: "WITCHCRAFT is a work of the FLESH". It is psychic manipulation, it is NOT demonic activity i.e., it is SIN, not Satan (read Romans 7).

Was it not bad enough that you tried to humiliate me with your attempt at humor? What is this all about? I Have led a life of devotion to God. I have not had to struggle with any of these sins. You do not know me but you have accused and found me guilty. There was nothing Satanic about my experiences. That is in your mind...not mine.

I was told of a loving God, who only wished for us to know him and be good. There was one proof given that seemed only to come from God. Many people witnessed. I have had some extraordinary beautiful, and extremely interesting experiences.I was also given other tangible proofs of things that religion has long questioned. Nothing was ever a figment of my imagination. But all of this information and experiences, although good...did not mention Christ. I am very firm in my beliefs. I searched the message and found a sort of loop hole. For within the words was a sentence that religion was good for us and that we should hold our beliefs to the highest of convictions. There it was. I found my way out. I no longer needed to struggle. For the true Christian knows that Christ is the only way, truth and light.

I will not know till this life is done, whether I have failed God or passed a test. I know though that if it were God, he will find another way. I have free will but he has control of the destiny of this world. If it was Satan he failed miserably. Because everything that happened only brought me closer to God and firmer in my beliefs. I now know by fact what I already known by Faith. There is a God and a dimension to our life that we are unable to see or understand. Even when given a glimpse, we can still not comprehend. There is much more and much less to this world and our life than we know.

Please Davo, think before you post.
I will not post anymore on this subject. I would not want to be the catalyst that causes you to act in an un-Christ-like manner.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
You preterest guys are nuts. You don't seem to realize what your saying is not anywhere near the truth. Jesus defeated death hell and the grave but the final judgement on satan is coming but it hasn't happened yet. How can yall justify what your saying? Iguess if you want to get technical the devil was defeated in the garden. But to say that he is already thrown in the lake of fire is a lie, and liars shall have their place!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.