San Francisco Bay Area?

TruthSeeker778

Jun 29, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Glad to see someone from the SF area. Desperately trying to find Christians in the SF area who might have known a family member when he lived in the area about 8 years ago. His name was Josh and he attended Olivet Missionary Baptist Church. Would be so greatful to hear from anyone who might have know him.

Upvote 0

doglover

Serving my Prince
Dec 8, 2004
✟20,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was just in SF last week on vacation. Yuck. Sorry, but I'm from a much smaller town, and it's not quite my style to be stuck in a traffic jam for an hour in downtown SF during gay pride week with two guys on the streetcorner making out. I've seen enough.

Upvote 0

numberprophet

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.
Aug 16, 2005
California
✟20,983.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
doglover said:
I was just in SF last week on vacation. Yuck. Sorry, but I'm from a much smaller town, and it's not quite my style to be stuck in a traffic jam for an hour in downtown SF during gay pride week with two guys on the streetcorner making out. I've seen enough.

good, don't come back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lostandlonely

Jul 6, 2006
✟15,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
numberprophet said:
good, don't come back.
to doglover, perhaps it is wiser to show some love and christian character to not condem those who are different from you (whether or not they are right or wrong) especially if you are the guest in a city. and to numberprophet, you could show a little more grace and hospitality to someone who is unused to such moral environments. thanks guys.

Reactions: numberprophet
Upvote 0

doglover

Serving my Prince
Dec 8, 2004
✟20,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
lostandlonely said:
to doglover, perhaps it is wiser to show some love and christian character to not condem those who are different from you (whether or not they are right or wrong) especially if you are the guest in a city. and to numberprophet, you could show a little more grace and hospitality to someone who is unused to such moral environments. thanks guys.
Well, yes, you're right. But have you ever been to a city that was so...umm...well, let's just say it made you grateful that you live in the town that you do? That's kind of how it was for me. We're all entitle to have our own opinions, and I respect people who like it there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
numberprophet said:
sup j.a.o., didn't know you were a local.

been here in Manteca ("ticky town") since Apr '00. The Army transferred me to the Bay area and I moved here to live with a relative to save money (did the hwy 580 combat commute for a year). Got out of the Army and wound up getting stuck here.

yep. so thrilled. yep.

Upvote 0

NotMYdarwin

Jan 25, 2008
✟7,612.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone... New to the forums and I am from the bay area.
Anyone want to join me tonight in front of the World affairs council? 312 Sutter St.
They are having an atheists presentation of the creation museum in kentucky. Someone went in there with a camera and took pictures and video just to make fun of it. I think its wrong and I will be there with friends to protest.
It starts at 6 pm I will be there at 5:30.

Upvote 0