Status
Not open for further replies.

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
hi. so i went and did a search on Jesus.com and this web page comes up about how there was this law passed, that makes same sex marriages legal, and there's this pastor, who is in a same sex marriage, giving God all the glory for this descision. Saying that God will consider this thing. So please tell me have i lost the plot somewhere or do i just not understand the bible that well, but i am sure, that is God is not a God of compromise and that He created us to go forth and multiply. The kingdom of God is about mulitplication, so how can two people of the same sex go forth and multiply any thing after their own kind. My question is how can one follow that can not multply itself? Im in the kingdom of multiplication after God's kind in order for the kingdom to grow, if their is no multiplication surely there will be death along the way. like a family, if there is no children born into the family espcecially son's how does the name of the genration carry on, it will die out, won't it? I know what the word God say about same sex relationships, it is the final rebellion agianst God, that the enemy will try and pull people into.
God loves these people, i do know that, Jesus even died for them too, it's just the un-natural process of life they have chosen that is against the whole grain of what God is.

YeshuaLuvr

Jan 4, 2005
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Homosexuality is an abomination.
There is no "same sex marriage" in God's eyes. It still is abomination.
Homosexuality makes a mockery of God's creation.

Same sex "marriage" is the devils last ditch effort to defile marriage...and the holiest of marriages...that between our Bridegroom Jesus Christ and His Bride in Rev 19.

Come quickly Jesus!

By the way, I used to live as a homosexual for many years.
Jesus saved me and I am a new creature in Christ.
All glory to Jesus and His work on the cross.
I am living proof and testimony that people are NOT born with a homosexual "gene." We are all born sinners and God can deliver us from all of them.

Upvote 0

Muko

Nov 4, 2004
✟7,705.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Abomination... the only other times used in the Bible is to describe ceremonial uncleaness, such as idolatry and even eating of certain animals (such as a snake or a creature of the water without fins). Adultery... not an abomination. Murder... not an abomination. Stealing... not an abomination. Just something to think about.

This thread was moved... hmm... perhaps the moved thread was deleted? I dunno. Anyway.

Upvote 0

YeshuaLuvr

Jan 4, 2005
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Muko said:
Abomination... the only other times used in the Bible is to describe ceremonial uncleaness, such as idolatry and even eating of certain animals (such as a snake or a creature of the water without fins). Adultery... not an abomination. Murder... not an abomination. Stealing... not an abomination. Just something to think about.

This thread was moved... hmm... perhaps the moved thread was deleted? I dunno. Anyway.

Actually these are also considered abomination:

Prov 6:16-19
16 These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.

Upvote 0

Muko

Nov 4, 2004
✟7,705.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Fair enough, it truly was only your attitude that had me responding anyway. Perhaps it's not the attitude that you meant to portray, but to yell out "Abomination, abomination!" doesn't look too good, at least not to me. Please forgive me if I did misread the attitude behind your post. Regardless, God bless.

Upvote 0

Muko

Nov 4, 2004
✟7,705.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
YeshuaLuvr said:
Attitude?
merely agreeing with God on the subject.
I forgive you. :)
I just saw your edit on your first post and now I must really ask you to forgive me. I only wish that I didn't still have these feelings. God be with you, always and forever, even to the end of days.

Upvote 0

YeshuaLuvr

Jan 4, 2005
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What feelings , Muko?

<edit>
If you are talking about homosexual feelings...they sometimes crop up...I just don't act on them and haven't acted on them in 12 years. Praise be to Jesus.
I am suffering consequences for my previous actions, however, because I doubt I will ever have a close relationship (marriage) with a man. It would be a miracle. And yet I am sufficient in Him...His grace is sufficient.

Upvote 0

YeshuaLuvr

Jan 4, 2005
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Please read my edit in post #8.
I used to get angry with Christians who could not understand homosexuality and who so fervently called it abomination. They obviously did not suffer from the temptation.
I am not as sensitive to that anymore...I can understand why they don't understand.

I was blessed to have so many Christians in my life who though they didn't condone the sin, they at least loved me enough to witness about the love of Jesus and His work on the cross. They didn't emphasize the homosexuality...they didn't see me as a homosexual...but as one struggling with sin. And they knew only Jesus is the answer for that struggle.

I have met along the way, many who have been delivered from the sin of homosexuality...and I have met those who consider themselves Christians and do not believe homosexuality is a sin.

I want to live holy and separate from the world as one who wants to please my Master. I don't like the fact that I get angry, lack patience, all number of sins...and I can only rely on Him and yield to the Holy Spirit in order to produce good fruit.

Peace to you Muko and Jesus' infinite love!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Muko

Nov 4, 2004
✟7,705.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It's good to meet you and as I said, I am sorry for getting angry, it wasn't the right thing to do at all. And I have lived my life as a "normal" kid to sexually curious kid to homosexual to homophobic bigot to understanding regretful person attempting helpfulness to bisexual then back to homosexual. Heh, I've been all over the board it seems. Never back to being a normal kid again though :sigh: Am I the only one who wishes I could just go back to my childhood again? Anyway, may God immensely bless you.

Upvote 0

YeshuaLuvr

Jan 4, 2005
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Muko,
If I could go back to my childhood again, there are so many things I would have done differently.
I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 12 years old.
I told my parents I wanted to marry as a virgin.
By the time I was 16 I was involved in homosexuality. I really believe the devil used it to make a mockery before God.
Through the years the reprobate mind of Romans 1 applied to me.

But by His grace and mercy He took me back when I was 30 years old.
I went into a holiness Pentecostal church and was able to forget my former life.

You are still young, I implore you with the love of Christ to resist temptation and choose above all else to serve Jesus, as He loves you Soooooooo much.

I wish I had had someone like me to tell me these things when I was your age...it would have saved me alot of distress and heartache and pain. And trust me, the homosexual lifestyle as much as they claim to be happy, the life only leads to pain and suffering. God knows whats good for us...its not that He is holding us back from good....no He tries to keep us from unnecessary suffering for sin.

I will pray for you.
In Christ's love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I have had several friends who struggled with homosexuality. I believe our enemy satan is out to destroy any and all of God's children. I believe he has distorted all things that God declaired holy and righteous before Him. I believe many have become entangled in his web of deceit.

But thanks be to God, we have a Savior who redeems and cleanses and makes us holy before Him again. Though our sins be as scarlet they are made white as snow through Him.

I think the only way to keep from any sin is to remain under the shadow of His wings and keeping our eyes continuously on Him. Allowing our minds and hearts to be washed by His Word.

Thanks for sharing with us Muko...I know that God is in you and He is faithful to finish what He has started in you. He will NEVER abandon you and at the sound of your voice He is there. He is your deliverer and He goes before you in all that you do. Keep your eyes on Him and His ways and you will never stumble. He loves you with an everlasting love and while you may not see all the progress He has made in you He has seen the finished product and declares, "it is good". :hug:

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know this may not sound particularily popular, but there are indeed many Christians who are gay and in relationships with the same sex. I know this doesn't make it right, however to judge them and scream from the rooftops that what they are participating in is an abomination to our Lord, is not helpful. Love, kindness and compassion go a long way....:)

Upvote 0

Hadron

In His Footsteps
Nov 4, 2004
✟2,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
non-religious said:
I know this may not sound particularily popular, but there are indeed many Christians who are gay and in relationships with the same sex. I know this doesn't make it right, however to judge them and scream from the rooftops that what they are participating in is an abomination to our Lord, is not helpful. Love, kindness and compassion go a long way....:)

Of course. And what do you do when someone approaches you with the idea that their life is good in God's eyes and blessed, but they are living in this exact situation? Tell them you love them and then go on your merry way?

Upvote 0

StevenL

Veteran
Sep 10, 2004
Louisiana, USA
✟10,024.00
Faith
Christian
Muko said:
It's good to meet you and as I said, I am sorry for getting angry, it wasn't the right thing to do at all. And I have lived my life as a "normal" kid to sexually curious kid to homosexual to homophobic bigot to understanding regretful person attempting helpfulness to bisexual then back to homosexual. Heh, I've been all over the board it seems. Never back to being a normal kid again though :sigh: Am I the only one who wishes I could just go back to my childhood again? Anyway, may God immensely bless you.

No you aren't the only one who'd like to do some things over! I've never been involved in homosexuality but my fornication, drunkenness, doping...etc. was just as wicked. And I think in some cases, you never really get your physical life back to "normal" again. I still fight my flesh all the time...the memories come back at times randomly and try to overthrow me. But like YeshuaLuvr said...you just learn to live above it....through the DEATH on the cross. The Enemy has eaten up a lot of people, but we don't have to be one of them. There is a complete victory for us in Yeshua, the Lord Jesus. It's not a painless, easy victory, but it is sure to the one who holds to Him in faith to the end. I pray that you and I will be one of the FEW who do this. God bless.

May the Lord strengthen you in your inner man by His Spirit! May He give you a spirit of Revelation in the knowledge of Him!

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I'm with StevenL! Satan has used sex and all its permutations to defile all of us and has tried to convince us that God will not accept us as dirty as we are. Fortunately, God has wonderful ways to clean us of our defilement! :clap:

This thread is a perfect example of God's love and forgiveness!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.