Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catholic bishops noted that the church is aware of its special responsibility for supporting and strengthening marriage and the family "as a privileged community and the primary unit of society," and blesses and surrounds matrimonial unions and families with pastoral care

MOSCOW, March 1. /TASS/. The Roman Catholic Church’s doctrine of marriage and family remains unchanged even after the release of a relevant Vatican declaration, and the blessing of same-sex couples is unacceptable, the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Russia said in a communication concerning the results of a plenary meeting of the bishops in Listvyanka, Irkutsk Region, according to information published on the website of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Moscow.

"Taking into account the misunderstandings that have arisen regarding the [Holy See’s December 18, 2023] ‘Fiducia supplicans’ declaration, the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Russia has deemed it necessary to emphasize that the [Roman] Catholic doctrine of family and marriage remains unchanged. Only a man and a woman united in marriage form a family together with their children. <...>. In order to avoid temptation and confusion, the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Russia highlights the fact that the blessing of any type of couples that persist in relationships that are unregulated from the point of view of Christian morality (cohabitation, bigamous second marriages, same-sex marriages) is unacceptable," the senior clerics’ communication states.

The Catholic bishops noted that the church is aware of its special responsibility for supporting and strengthening marriage and the family "as a privileged community and the primary unit of society," and blesses and surrounds matrimonial unions and families with pastoral care.

"In the spirit of evangelical mercy and maternal love, the Church has not and does not refuse intercessory prayer to individuals in various situations, asking for God's grace for them, which is necessary for conversion, strengthening in good intentions, and the beginning or continuation of the path of righteousness," the communication adds.

Continued below.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There is no blessing of same sex couples, there is blessing of individuals who face unusual burdens and trials and want to take a path towards God. It's turned into a media circus by radicals who read into documents what isn't there.
Amen! :prayer:

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no blessing of same sex couples, there is blessing of individuals who face unusual burdens and trials and want to take a path towards God. It's turned into a media circus by radicals who read into documents what isn't there.
Then it's up to the Vatican to lay down the explanation of said documents, erase the ambiguity, and to call out those who are "misinterpreting" them, naming specific names if necessary. If James Martin is misusing the document, then Bergoglio & Co. need to call him on it.

But so far, the only thing I've seen is a lot of wishy-washy nothing regarding types like Martin, while the Pope comes down hard on faithful Traditionalists and bishops who try to remain conservative and adhere to the Deposit of the Church. I mean, there's a full-blown rebellious schism going on in Germany, with "synodal" prelates openly ditching 2,000 years of Catholic belief, and the response from Rome is a big shrug. But a guy like Bishop Joseph Strickland gets the hammer dropped down on him, but hard.

Exactly what kind of message is Bergoglio trying to send to the Faithful? If you find peace and joy in the Latin Mass and you prefer to stick to teachings that were here before 1970, then you're a backwards impediment to the Church and you need to shut your mouth because you're being a drag on progress, but if you're a glitter-and-rainbow supporter that wants to jettison everything that came before Fiducia Supplicans, then come right on in, we'll celebrate you to the hilt, you're our kind of Catholic? Is that it?

I know that I sound like one of those backwards-looking bitter clingers the Pope has such heartburn about. Tough. If he doesn't like people like me, then he needs to take a refresher course in what "diversity and inclusion" really means----and it's *NOT* tossing aside every Catholic who holds a traditional moral view of the innate sinfulness of sexual perversity.

Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Then it's up to the Vatican to lay down the explanation of said documents, erase the ambiguity, and to call out those who are "misinterpreting" them, naming specific names if necessary. If James Martin is misusing the document, then Bergoglio & Co. need to call him on it.
We are lacking a Thought Police.
But so far, the only thing I've seen is a lot of wishy-washy nothing regarding types like Martin,
There is a lot of criticism of types like Taylor Marshall, Michael Voris, James Martin and crowd.
while the Pope comes down hard on faithful Traditionalists and bishops who try to remain conservative and adhere to the Deposit of the Church.
No, he does not.
I mean, there's a full-blown rebellious schism going on in Germany, with "synodal" prelates openly ditching 2,000 years of Catholic belief, and the response from Rome is a big shrug. But a guy like Bishop Joseph Strickland gets the hammer dropped down on him, but hard.

Exactly what kind of message is Bergoglio trying to send to the Faithful? If you find peace and joy in the Latin Mass and you prefer to stick to teachings that were here before 1970, then you're a backwards impediment to the Church and you need to shut your mouth because you're being a drag on progress, but if you're a glitter-and-rainbow supporter that wants to jettison everything that came before Fiducia Supplicans, then come right on in, we'll celebrate you to the hilt, you're our kind of Catholic? Is that it?

I know that I sound like one of those backwards-looking bitter clingers the Pope has such heartburn about. Tough. If he doesn't like people like me, then he needs to take a refresher course in what "diversity and inclusion" really means----and it's *NOT* tossing aside every Catholic who holds a traditional moral view of the innate sinfulness of sexual perversity.
It's hard to tell what exactly what you sound like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are lacking a Thought Police.
We also seem to be lacking a Magesterium that adheres to the Deposit of the Faith.
There is a lot of criticism of types like Taylor Marshall, Michael Voris, James Martin and crowd.
But none of it coming from the Vatican.
No, he does not.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
It's hard to tell what exactly what you sound like.
^_^ I sound like a cranky old veteran who doesn't like the path the postmodern world is treading. I'm the guy who tends to snarl, "By cracky, back in MY day.....!"

Back in MY day.jpg

Upvote 0