tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After losing 170 pounds, you don't feel physically better?
I honestly don't feel any different. on the other hand I worry a lot less about breaking furniture when I sit down...so that's kind of nice. :)
tulc(who doesn't really miss many things except maybe being able to eat things without thinking) :sorry:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He will after he has that excess skin removed. ^_^
apparently you can't even donate it (like they do with hair in the "Locks Of Love" program) I guess "fat skin" is apparently damaged skin and can't be used. I checked. :sorry:
tulc(what sort of world is it where people can't give away extra skin?) :sigh:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
apparently you can't even donate it (like they do with hair in the "Locks Of Love" program) I guess "fat skin" is apparently damaged skin and can't be used. I checked. :sorry:
tulc(what sort of world is it where people can't give away extra skin?) :sigh:

You'd think they could render it down and make something like axle grease out of it. Ever watch "My 600 Pound Life"? Frightening.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I honestly don't feel any different. on the other hand I worry a lot less about breaking furniture when I sit down...so that's kind of nice. :)
tulc(who doesn't really miss many things except maybe being able to eat things without thinking) :sorry:

You don't feel more energy from not having to lug 170 more pounds around with you?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
not really and that was one of the weird things about the weight loss. :wave:
tulc(has always been "the fat guy who did the work") :D

Interesting.

I have always been very active and was a former college athlete. If I lose 10 pounds, I can feel it big time.

Good for you, for accomplishing what you have, that is tremendous.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no proof salt causes hypertension. The $cience studies are all fraudulent and unscientific. You should see how they did the testing and experiments, it is embarrassing to the name of science. Many of the salts also have additives and anti-caking ingredients.

If you eat normal food, you don't need to watch your salt intake.

More important than concerning yourself with salt intake is examine the ingredients and the production/processing of food.

Do you know how your bread from made from start to finish (including packaging)???? Is the plastic wrap BPA free? These are things we need to ask.....not salt intake.

People ate very salty foods with no issues for centuries. Ever heard of pork barrels? There was no refrigeration.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no proof salt causes hypertension. The $cience studies are all fraudulent and unscientific. You should see how they did the testing and experiments, it is embarrassing to the name of science. Many of the salts also have additives and anti-caking ingredients.

If you eat normal food, you don't need to watch your salt intake.

More important than concerning yourself with salt intake is examine the ingredients and the production/processing of food.

Do you know how your bread from made from start to finish (including packaging)???? Is the plastic wrap BPA free? These are things we need to ask.....not salt intake.

People ate very salty foods with no issues for centuries. Ever heard of pork barrels? There was no refrigeration.

It isn't salt intake that causes a rise in BP, it the flushing action needed to remove excess amounts of it. The body dilutes it with water (to prevent cell damage) which floods the vascular system causing BP to rise until it is flushed out. However the kidneys are only able to handle a certain concentration of salt or they risk damage, so some excess salt remains in the body. This dangerous concentration can be maintained even with reduced salt intake and can lead to hypertension if not addressed.

Salted meats were soaked in several changes of fresh water to remove the salt before eating. Also people living in those warmer regions worked outdoors and sweated a lot, which removes large amounts of salt from the body. In colder climates this 'sweat vector' is shut down for the cold months, thus the many so-called 'colds' that quickly develop as the body is unable to rid itself of excess salt by this means. The 'mucus' vector then comes into play, the mucus membranes of the sinuses and lungs act as supplemental agents to remove this toxic salt, as evidenced by the raw, red, runny noses and barking coughs of it's sufferers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, we all know how the bio mechanism for salt works. If you drink too much water too, it is bad for you....but who really believes the "8 glasses per day" garbage.

Do you really think the armies of the civil war during the 1800s had fresh water nearby to soak cured meats before eating??????

You would have to eat large quantities of salt before the body has trouble removing it. That's why I said as long as you eat normal real food, it shouldn't be a problem.

The RDA values are garbage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
]
Yes, we all know how the bio mechanism for salt works.

Er, no. 'We' don't.

If you drink too much water too, it is bad for you....but who really believes the "8 glasses per day" garbage.

Too much water is bad for you, and can raise BP to dangerous levels.

Do you really think the armies of the civil war during the 1800s had fresh water nearby to soak cured meats before eating??????

I'm guessing they did.

You would have to eat large quantities of salt before the body has trouble removing it. That's why I said as long as you eat normal real food, it shouldn't be a problem.

Winter 'salt colds' as I call them are evidence that indeed the body can have trouble removing it.

The RDA values are garbage.

Indeed, some are.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So by your statement, 8 glasses of water can raise your BP to dangerously high levels? Or did you not understand what I said originally? My point was that nobody really can set a "recommended" level for either salt or water. There are NO real scientifically conducted studies to prove it.

Good thing the armies had personal chefs that would rinse the salted meats in "fresh magical water" out of thin air. https://www.civilwaracademy.com/civil-war-food

Where is your science study that proves your "winter salt cold" theory? Let's see how exactly the "scientific" study was conducted....so we can have a good laugh.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So by your statement, 8 glasses of water can raise your BP to dangerously high levels? Or did you not understand what I said originally? My point was that nobody really can set a "recommended" level for either salt or water. There are NO real scientifically conducted studies to prove it.

I said "too much water". You said 8 glasses.

Good thing the armies had personal chefs that would rinse the salted meats in "fresh magical water" out of thin air.

This is the salt preservation method I was referring to; dry salting for long term preservation.

Medieval Food Preservation Methods

Preserving Foods With Salt
Salting was the most common way to preserve virtually any type of meat or fish, as it drew out the moisture and killed the bacteria. Vegetables might be preserved with dry salt, as well, though pickling was more common. Salt was also used in conjunction with other methods of preservation, such as drying and smoking.

One method of salting meat involved pressing dry salt into pieces of meat, then layering the pieces in a container (like a keg) with dry salt completely surrounding each piece.

If meat was preserved this way in cold weather, which slowed down the decomposition while the salt had time to take effect, it could last for years. Vegetables were also preserved by layering them in salt and placing them in a sealable container such as an earthenware crock.

Another way to preserve food with salt was to soak it in a salt brine. While not as effective a long-term method of preservation as packing in dry salt, it served very well to keep food edible through a season or two. Salt brines were also part of the pickling process.

Whatever method of salt preservation was used, the first thing a cook did when he got ready to prepare the salted food for consumption was soaking it in fresh water to remove as much of the salt as possible. Some cooks were more conscientious than others when it came to this step, which could take several trips to the well for fresh water.

And it was next to impossible to remove all the salt, no matter how much soaking was done. Many recipes took this saltiness into account, and some were designed specifically to counteract or complement the salt flavor. Still, most of us would find preserved medieval food much saltier than anything we're used to today.

While civil war soldiers on both sides ate salted meats much of it was boiled along with vegetables to make a stew or soup, the salted meat providing the seasoning for the entire dish with no additional salt required.

It is also reasonable to assume that the meat they ate wasn't in the salt barrel very long before it was consumed and was therefore not as salty as meat that had been dry packed in salt for a long period of time.

Where is your science study that proves your "winter salt cold" theory? Let's see how exactly the "scientific" study was conducted....so we can have a good laugh.

You don't really think science wants an effective remedy for winter colds do you? "There's gold in them thar sniffles."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I know exactly how my bread is made, because I make it....with very little salt. :D

Upvote 0