rainbojo

and yet
Aug 19, 2008
✟15,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have voted for both Republicans and Democrits regarding my voting history. There was a time where we had both liberal and conservative Democrats as well as liberal and conversative Republicans. It was good. What we have now, is truly sad.

My heart was also saddened by the response at the Democratic convention when voting to put 'God' back in. What on earth is happening? Everything about our country has been based on God. To even omit His name was sad enough, but the response...

Anyway, thank you for listening.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have voted for both Republicans and Democrits regarding my voting history. There was a time where we had both liberal and conservative Democrats as well as liberal and conversative Republicans. It was good. What we have now, is truly sad.

My heart was also saddened by the response at the Democratic convention when voting to put 'God' back in. What on earth is happening? Everything about our country has been based on God. To even omit His name was sad enough, but the response...

I'm voting third party this time. There is no choice imo.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I agree with you. It is truly, truly sad.

However, it shows me that there is now a very clear choice between God and those wanting their party to be Godless. And there is no way that Obama can get another four years without destroying the nation.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I agree with you. It is truly, truly sad.

However, it shows me that there is now a very clear choice between God and those wanting their party to be Godless. And there is no way that Obama can get another four years without destroying the nation.

You said that four years ago.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Looks like I was right, and the debacle of the present Dem Convention simply proves it!

Your opinion doesn't prove anything.

The economy is doing better than ours and please don't get started on your lack of freedoms again because you've been proven wrong.

According to your prophecy four years ago you would all be unemployed and homeless and covered in sulphur rains. You're not. You were wrong.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The voice vote for Democrats combined inserting the word God with affirming Jerusalem as Israel's capitol.

Jerusalem is a very controversial issue, because the West Bank in Jerusalem was invaded and seized by Israel in the Six Day War in 1967. It is not part of the land given them in 1949 when they became an independent state.

During the 45 years they have ruled Jerusalem, they have persecuted and violated the human rights of the Palestinians who live in the West Bank.

I am surprised that the voice vote was as affirmative as it was--but the naysayers were not voting against God--they were voting against Israel's illegal occupation of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your opinion doesn't prove anything.

Nope, it sure doesn't. Their actions do.

And the economy is *NOT* doing better. It's in the tank. We owe 16 Trillion in debt now. (Obama has added 5 Trillion all on his own in less than a term. The job market is shrinking. (If it was like this way back when Obama took office, it would have been 10% unemployment, instead of the 5%--and his Stimulus was supposed to keep it at 5.4% even though it has now been 8% and over for 30 months. And our energy policy consists of "checking to make sure the tires on our cars are inflated" and I believe Obama has hopes for algae as well. Dismal.

And of course, we all know that the Catholic Church and religious freedom is under attack. It's really bad news. As we saw, the Dems booed God being put back in the platform. Do you really think that they are going to be happy paying for someone else's abortion--like the Dems want? Can't fail to mention ObamaTAX with it's 18 different taxes on the working poor and middle class breaking his "not to raise taxes by one thin dime" promise. (BTW it's not saving anything, but actually costing people their medical care and the Bishops note that not only abortion but rationing and euthanasia are sure to follow.) Can't fail to mention the fact that Obama has seen fit to rule by illegal executive orders (as opposed to legal ones) and making the Congress irelevant. (Probably the only reason he hasn't been impeached, like Clinton was, is because the Senate is still controlled by the Dems. Of course, Bush Sr. learned that the people don't like to be lied to when he promised "read my lips, no new taxes" when he tried to run for a second term after lying to them.

My opinion doesn't count, but it sure looks like I was right--Obama was (and is) bad news for the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you were working full-time, as I am, AMDG, you would have noticed the 2% payroll (i.e. Social Security) tax cut that has been in effect the past two years.

If you earn $50K a year, that's $1000 a year. If you earn $106,000 (which I think is the SS maximum) you get $2,120 a year. If you earn more than $106,000, you still only get that $2,120. This tax cut was designed 100% for the working poor and the middle class--imagine, a tax cut that didn't let the lowest earners scrape around for the loose change left after the rich had taken their share.

And because it went to people who use it, it went into the consumer economy.

There was some sort of children's tax credit, too, I don't know much about it because we earned too much. But that's OK, because there are other people who need it more than we do.

There were many tax breaks for the middle class--and the President has no interest in ending them.

And, as the VP said, what seniors gained in prescription benefits and preventive care means that despite Medicare lowering payments to profiteering Medicare HMO's, seniors are getting more care, not less.

Wouldn't even want to think about what it would be under Ryan(lackof)care.

Romney/Ryan have already promised giveaways of $7 trillion to those who don't need them--the wealthy and the Department of Defense. We are extricating ourselves from two misguided military actions.

We've gone over the "God" thing already....do you think that God wants the Israelis persecuting the people in the lands they occupy? I don't.

Upvote 0

FearlessFreep

Sep 7, 2012
✟15,483.00
Faith
Christian
I'm voting third party this time. There is no choice imo.
Obama and the Dems will thank you for it since it will be one less vote for their competition. By the way, that's how Clinton got re-elected. People who would have voted for his Republican competition voted instead for Ross Perot, and it was enough for Clinton to win. Dems are trying to repeat that history by trying to divide the conservative vote by promoting a conservative "alternative" third party on the side so that Obama can win the election. These are just the facts. I wish we can have a strong liberal third party candidate to take votes away from Obama like what happened to Kerry with Ralph Nader. I know this game too well. ;) We need to remember that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. We have one who has declared war on the Catholic Church and one who hasn't. So for me, the choice is simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama and the Dems will thank you for it since it will be one less vote for their competition. By the way, that's how Clinton got re-elected. People who would have voted for his competition voted instead for Ross Perot, and it was enough for Clinton to win. Dems are trying to repeat history by trying to divide the conservative vote by promoting a conservative "alternative" third party on the side so that Obama can win the election. These are just the facts. I wish we can have a strong liberal third party candidate to take votes away from Obama like what happened to Kerry with Ralph Nader. I know this game too well. ;)
Well why don't you explain to me how voting Republican is any less evil in the eyes of the Church than voting for the Democrats??

My husband is a union man & you seriously expect me to vote Romney??

How is the Republican party more godly in their actions (not campaign words) than the dems?

I'm curious.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Obama and the Dems will thank you for it since it will be one less vote for their competition. By the way, that's how Clinton got re-elected. People who would have voted for his Republican competition voted instead for Ross Perot, and it was enough for Clinton to win. Dems are trying to repeat that history by trying to divide the conservative vote by promoting a conservative "alternative" third party on the side so that Obama can win the election. These are just the facts. I wish we can have a strong liberal third party candidate to take votes away from Obama like what happened to Kerry with Ralph Nader. I know this game too well. ;) We need to remember that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. We have one who has declared war on the Catholic Church and one who hasn't. So for me, the choice is simple.

If you are always going to vote for the lesser of two evils, then you lose the right to complain about how a party doesn't really represent you.

Then again I can't recall the last time I have seen a freeper criticise the republican party, so why don't you surprise us all in a pleasant way?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, where I lived, Republicans circulated petitions for Ralph Nader. Republican hypocrites, that is.

Gary Johnson, liberatarian, thinks he will take away an equal number of votes from Romney and Obama.

Republicans disgusted with the religious right wing of their party will show their disgust by voting for Gary Johnson.

Democrats with liberal social views who are economic conservatives may also vote for Gary Johnson to show their disgust.

I don't know if he'll make a difference anywhere.

I know that Gore lost the election due to Nader votes in Florida (and all that fishy stuff, too....)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are always going to vote for the lesser of two evils, then you lose the right to complain about how a party doesn't really represent you.

Then again I can't recall the last time I have seen a freeper criticise the republican party, so why don't you surprise us all in a pleasant way?
Political parties do not represent anyone across the board as an individual. All they do is represent ideologies & agendas.

People? Not so much imo. Politicians are supposed to be servants but here in the USA they are lording over more than serving.

The only time you see individual people & cases mentioned is during campaign time.

Once they hit office they never have to worry about the things the average person does. They are set with lifetime benefits. Speaking fees not included.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fantine, the U.S. has already lost about 40% of it's wealth. We have already lost jobs that once existed. We've already had our credit downgraded due to the fact that we refused to listen to Standard and Poors and rein-in our outrageous spending. And if you bothered to look at the debt clock, it's at 16 Trillion, more than our GDP (and if you take advantage of that "future estimate" feature on the clock, with Obama's plans, we are headed toward 20 Trillion in debt. There will be no way we will be able to pay it back. (Heck, we probably won't even be a first world country anymore when that happens.)

I guess I'm just not really interested in participating in the country's suicide.

Of course, I believe this thread is about the embarrassing debacle on the Dem Convention floor. The fact that the voice vote was called for putting back the name of God in the platform when clearly that wasn't the case. We'll probably never know the Dems *real* feelings about it. It seems that the Dem leadership doesn't want us to know how really radical they are. That might "wake" some of the voters up. As we have seen these past four years, the Dems like to do their damage in secret.

Upvote 0

FearlessFreep

Sep 7, 2012
✟15,483.00
Faith
Christian
Well why don't you explain to me how voting Republican is any less evil in the eyes of the Church than voting for the Democrats??

My husband is a union man & you seriously expect me to vote Romney??

How is the Republican party more godly in their actions (not campaign words) than the dems?

I'm curious.
Unions funnel their money into Democrat campaigns. Do you think Democrats would support unions if they funneled that money into reelecting Republicans? It's not right that to get a job, I have to belong to a union that forces me to pay dues that I know will go toward Democrat campaigns when I'm a Republican. Something about that smells really bad.

Upvote 0