Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So Jesus removes for me the need of worship God only?
Not exactly, but He taught that: The time is coming when the Father will be worshipped in the Spirit. When do you think that time was/is? How do you worship God in the Spirit?

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The sabbath and all the law are removed (was temporary). That is where the argument has led. Did you not see that?
I noticed that you don't have a response to that Biblical argument. I can only surmise that you don't accept it.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible does not argue, and certainly. It states.
Now you're complaining about your own choice of words. You still haven't acknowledged my post on this thread.
The Sabbath is part of the ten Commandments, therefore if the ten Commandments were was temporary so likewise the Sabbath.
Fixed your verb to reflect the singular.

That is God's solution, which provides salvation to the Gentiles and entrance into His rest. The Sabbath met the same disposition by the hand of God as the covenant declared from Mount Sinai Moses named the Ten Commandments.
Hebrews 10
8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Does your priest give burnt offerings as the Law requires?
No? See Numbers 28:9-10.

Judaism revolves around the first covenant.
Christianity revolves around the new covenant called 'second' in this epistle.
The two are not compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The sabbath and all the law are removed (was temporary). That is where the argument has led. Did you not see that?

You're calling the scriptures an argument? Or which comments appears to you as a false teaching?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians chapter 4 verse 21-31

Tell me you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons,one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise.

These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: "be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband. Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. But what does the Scripture say? Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you're complaining about your own choice of words. You still haven't acknowledged my post on this thread.
It's a non issue, I have stated the truth about the matter. Your rejection has nothing to do with me.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a non issue, I have stated the truth about the matter. Your rejection has nothing to do with me.
You haven't stated anything when you haven't acknowledged my post, be it "truth" or otherwise. For once you slipped and admitted the temporal nature of the Mosaic covenant and the Sabbath dependent on it, and since that post you've done nothing but flee from the truth of God's Word.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't stated anything when you haven't acknowledged my post, be it "truth" or otherwise. For once you slipped and admitted the temporal nature of the Mosaic covenant and the Sabbath dependent on it, and since that post you've done nothing but flee from the truth of God's Word.
I hope this is good enough for you. In accepting God;s word i have to reject your post.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hope this is good enough for you. In accepting God;s word i have to reject your post.
You're playing games to avoid God's Word, and the present reality of the new covenant dependent on the temporal nature of the old covenant. That you briefly admitted this reality only to turn away from it shows others that you know your opinion is anything but Biblical.
The Sabbath is part of the ten Commandments, therefore if the ten Commandments were was temporary so likewise the Sabbath.
Fixed your verb to reflect the singular.

That is God's solution, which provides salvation to the Gentiles and entrance into His rest. The Sabbath met the same disposition by the hand of God as the covenant declared from Mount Sinai Moses named the Ten Commandments.
Hebrews 10
8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Does your priest give burnt offerings as the Law requires?
No? See Numbers 28:9-10.

Judaism revolves around the first covenant.
Christianity revolves around the new covenant called 'second' in this epistle.
The two are not compatible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're playing games to avoid God's Word, and the present reality of the new covenant dependent on the temporal nature of the old covenant. That you briefly admitted this reality only to turn away from it shows others that you know your opinion is anything but Biblical.
Why do you insist on doing as you did with my post and not reflect the whole matter. Are you being purposefully deceptive? That post is in reply to someone stating that the Sabbath was temporary, and my response was that the law would also have to be temporary if the Sabbath was temporary since is part of the ten Commandments.
You are insisting on showing how ridiculous your idea is aren't you? You want everyone to accept against biblical statement by God himself that the Seventh day is not a day. We have the first to the Sixth day then the Seventh but the seventh is not a day. That is what your position mean. Silly!

• Agree
Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why do you insist on doing as you did with my post and not reflect the whole matter. Are you being purposefully deceptive? That post is in reply to someone stating that the Sabbath was temporary, and my response was that the law would also have to be temporary if the Sabbath was temporary since is part of the ten Commandments.
I don't remember who it was who pointed that out to you, but I picked up on it and showed you that it is supported by Scripture. With Scripture as the final arbiter of what I accept, the temporal nature of the Mosaic covenant and the Sabbath dependent on it is factual. You admitted as much, only to flee from this:
You're playing games to avoid God's Word, and the present reality of the new covenant dependent on the temporal nature of the old covenant. That you briefly admitted this reality only to turn away from it shows others that you know your opinion is anything but Biblical.​
Here you admit that I'm not the first to point this out to you. And, you know the Scripture provided to you proves it as factual. To this you offered no comment, nor can you since you know what two of us have shown you is a Biblical fact.
You are insisting on showing how ridiculous your idea is aren't you? You want everyone to accept against biblical statement by God himself that the Seventh day is not a day. We have the first to the Sixth day then the Seventh but the seventh is not a day. That is what your position mean. Silly!
Here you're making reference to a parallel thread, and not this one. Review the conversation and see for yourself that it has been your insistence that the seventh day isn't a day in the singular, and in your mind you've replaced the seventh day with a repeating weekly Sabbah - of which quick and dirty calculations shows there were 73,320 or so Sabbaths in the weekly cycle, not including the annual Sabbaths, all during the tenure of the Mosaic covenant they depend on to exist. The last time I checked, anything measuring 73,000+ quantity is not a singular entity.

And yet, this has been what you insist everyone accept. It's nonsense.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

Gen 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Gen 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

Gen 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Gen 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
What happens? On the day, the seventh day God rested. The same day He made holy and blessed it. Ex 20 says the same thing and states that it is also called the Sabbath.

• Winner
Upvote 0