Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea that Sabbath was given at creation is debunked in both the Old Testament by Moses, and in the New Testament by Jesus.
Jesus explained that Moses required the men to be circumcised on the 8th day if it fall on the Sabbath, because circumcision was passed down from the fathers.

Jhn 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Jhn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Christ's language implied that circumcision preceded the Sabbath and therefore, Moses knew not to alter, what God had already ordained as an everlasting covenant.
Does God make mistake??
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

God's word is the standard and the pillar of truth. God's word is above the commentary of men with honorable intentions.

Try not to ignore using scriptures to support your truth. Quoting from denominational statements pails in comparing to the word of God.

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea that Sabbath was given at creation is debunked in both the Old Testament by Moses, and in the New Testament by Jesus.
Jesus explained that Moses required the men to be circumcised on the 8th day if it fall on the Sabbath, because circumcision was passed down from the fathers.

Jhn 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Jhn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Christ's language implied that circumcision preceded the Sabbath and therefore, Moses knew not to alter, what God had already ordained as an everlasting covenant.
Does God make mistake??
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

God's word is the standard and the pillar of truth. God's word is above the commentary of men with honorable intentions.

Try not to ignore using scriptures to support your truth. Quoting from denominational statements pails in comparing to the word of God.
None of what is stated above is of the truth.
Jesus refutes all of it by stating that the Sabbath was "created". Creation was at the beginning!
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus refutes all of it by stating that the Sabbath was "created". Creation was at the beginning!
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

A. If John 7:22,23 is truth and Gen 17:13 show why circumcision was a everlasting commandment that predates Moses, Explain where I'm I lying???
B. Where are your comment on the scriptures and your refutables of my comments?

C. Christ did say that Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
Christ did not say that Sabbath was made at creation.
Genesis 2 does say that God rested because He was finished with all His work. Not a conflicting idea about God's rest being made for man.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
A. If John 7:22,23 is truth and Gen 17:13 show why circumcision was a everlasting commandment that predates Moses, Explain where I'm I lying???

Genesis 2 does say that God rested because He was finished with all His work. Not a conflicting idea about God's rest being made for man.

You're right.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus broke the Sabbath.The pharisees said it was unlawful, and they did not say fence law unlawful, and they knew the law. So what does Jesus say in reply?

He, Jesus, used Davids unlawful act, to validate His unlawful act too. Why did Jesus use David's unlawful act in his reply?

Luke 6:1 On a Sabbath,[a] while he was going through the grainfields, his disciples plucked and ate some heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands. 2 But some of the Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?” 3 And Jesus answered them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God and took and ate the bread of the Presence, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those with him?” 5 And he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why did Jesus compare His act, with David's unlawful act, basically agreeing with the pharisees, and in a sense, saying the pharisees were right?

That's true, He never denied it. Christ cited authority as "greater than the temple" and "Lord of the Sabbath"
The Lord of the Sabbath is able to profane the Sabbath and is guiltless, similar to Levites and priests who primarily worked on the Sabbath.

Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day.

It's a Sabbath lie, to say that being Lord of the Sabbath means Jesus kept it perfectly when truth is; From His anointing He worked daily.... He was not required to keep it.
Clue: most of the Sabbath mentions in the NT are accusation about breaking it.

Reactions: VictorC
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Does God make mistake??

Some will find this thread offensive but no one is personally being called a liar. This thread is created to address the truth that scriptures teach vs comments that contradicts the truth. Try to address the scriptures or the comments and we can avoid personal conflict.
Someone has exported my comment and created a new thread without addressing what the scriptures or my comment are saying. How can we have a dialog if we're not responding to each other's post?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When God himself says this: Ex 20:11 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. What other time could the Sabbath had been made if not at creation? As confirmed by you the Sabbath was made for man. It could only qualify as such by being instituted at creation.

• Informative
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gerhard Ebersöhn;67185896 said:
1Timothy 1:9 and Titus 3:9 should suffice in answer to any 'question' whatsoever "about the Law"!

Only problem for me is, though, I am no "righteous man"---not in myself, no, not righteous, but the worst of sinners. ... for whom the Law is ever so alive and valid.

That is true for all of us. But then who would the righteous be Paul speaks about? If it was our righteousness Paul is talking about, no 1 can possess salvation.

Rom 4 talks about our righteousness being imputed (declared) by God. Notice and review the men talked about being called righteous. Everyone of them sinned. God even calls 1 of them a man after His own heart.

• Informative
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Great discussion and excellent expression.

I also want to know why God waited so long to say the Sabbath was created for all men if that is true. I do not think it is true because it directly contradicts Moses. Both can not be correct.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When God himself says this: Ex 20:11 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. What other time could the Sabbath had been made if not at creation? As confirmed by you the Sabbath was made for man. It could only qualify as such by being instituted at creation.
Your own quote of Exodus 20:11 proves that the Sabbath didn't exist at creation. It is necessary for the impetus to exist before it can be drawn on for the result. The same pattern exists in Deuteronomy 5:15. The Exodus existed before the Sabbath did, just as God's rest existed before the Sabbath did.

• Informative
Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some will find this thread offensive but no one is personally being called a liar. This thread is created to address the truth that scriptures teach vs comments that contradicts the truth. Try to address the scriptures or the comments and we can avoid personal conflict.
Someone has exported my comment and created a new thread without addressing what the scriptures or my comment are saying. How can we have a dialog if we're not responding to each other's post?
The only reason one would do such a heinous act is to avoid discussion. Participation on a "discussion" forum has no value to that person outside of entertainment, and even that falls into question.

• Informative
Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Leaving out verse 28 shows that you have no idea Jesus was declaring His divinity - He is Lord of the Sabbath because the Sabbath was made for man, and doesn't pertain to God. The Sabbath wasn't made for God. It can't be found in the creation account.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That's true, He never denied it. Christ cited authority as "greater than the temple" and "Lord of the Sabbath"
The Lord of the Sabbath is able to profane the Sabbath and is guiltless, similar to Levites and priests who primarily worked on the Sabbath.

Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day.

It's a Sabbath lie, to say that being Lord of the Sabbath means Jesus kept it perfectly when truth is; From His anointing He worked daily.... He was not required to keep it.
Clue: most of the Sabbath mentions in the NT are accusation about breaking it.

Roger that!

And Paul did not keep it either, if he did, the synagogues for the most part, would not be hostile towards him, not all were, but most were, and the Jews chased Paul around starting trouble, Jews form the local synagogues.

Out Sabbath friends use evangelistic purpose verses, to act like Paul was keeping it, all while they, the synagogues beat Paul up..

It does not jive.

Upvote 0