Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What happens? On the day, the seventh day God rested. The same day He made holy and blessed it. Ex 20 says the same thing and states that it is also called the Sabbath.
Exodus 20:11 indicates the seventh day of the creation account -God's rest- existed by necessity before the Sabbath did. Deuteronomy 5:15 picks up the same theme and shows that the exodus from Egyptian bondage existed by necessity before the Sabbath did. There isn't a passage anywhere in the entire Bible that calls the seventh day in the creation account the/a "sabbath". You made that up.

You can't tell the difference between God's rest in the singular from the weekly Sabbath of which there were more than 73,000 during the tenure of the Mosaic covenant. You don't accept the jurisdiction of the old covenant or the Sabbath you don't even have, as well as God's disposition of the old covenant to make the new covenant. As it is Written, "He takes away the first that He may establish the second."

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

Gen 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Gen 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

What happens? On the day, the seventh day God rested. The same day He made holy and blessed it. Ex 20 says the same thing and states that it is also called the Sabbath.
According to Gen2:1-3 God rested from all His work on the Seventh day because He was finished with all His work. He blessed and Sanctified the Seventh day (not Sabbath day) because on it He rested from all His work. Does Ex 20 say that God's 7th day rest was only 24 hrs, and repeated weekly?

Knowledge of the bible reveals God's throne in the heavens as the place of His rest.
Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

The idea that God instituted Sabbath at creation and rested weekly with Adam contradicts what scriptures say about the Sabbath day. How? God made it clear, when, and to whom the Sabbath was given. NT makes it clear that Gentiles were foreigners and strangers of God's covenants and and were not given circumcision, Sabbath and the law.

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Eze 20:10¶ Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness.
Eze 20:11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.
Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea that Sabbath was given at creation is debunked in both the Old Testament Here's what Moses said about the first Sabbath.
Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
Exo 16:30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

and in the New Testament by Jesus.
Jesus explained that Moses required the men to be circumcised on the 8th day if it fall on the Sabbath, because circumcision was passed down from the fathers.

Jhn 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers, and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Jhn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Christ's language implied that circumcision was passed down from Abraham and not th the Sabbath. Therefore, Moses knew not to alter, what God had first ordained as an everlasting covenant.
Does God make mistake??
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

God's word is the standard and the pillar of truth. God's word is above the commentary of men with honorable intentions or not.

Try using scriptures to support your truth. Quoting from denominational statements pails in comparison to the word of God.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mar 2:23And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
Mar 2:24And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
Mar 2:25And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
Mar 2:26How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
Mar 2:27 ¶And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Mar 2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Jesus does not appear as saying that Sabbath was made at creation for mankind. (That's why they isolate Mark 2:27 and discard the context.)
Jesus is saying; My men were hungry and I gave them permission to eat. Sabbath was given for man's benefit from labor and not a way to entrap them in sin.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea that Sabbath was given at creation is debunked in both the Old Testament Here's what Moses said about the first Sabbath.
Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
Exo 16:30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

and in the New Testament by Jesus.
Jesus explained that Moses required the men to be circumcised on the 8th day if it fall on the Sabbath, because circumcision was passed down from the fathers.

Jhn 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers, and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Jhn 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Christ's language implied that circumcision was passed down from Abraham and not th the Sabbath. Therefore, Moses knew not to alter, what God had first ordained as an everlasting covenant.
Does God make mistake??
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

God's word is the standard and the pillar of truth. God's word is above the commentary of men with honorable intentions or not.

Try using scriptures to support your truth. Quoting from denominational statements pails in comparison to the word of God.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact affirmative that circumcision was an everlasting covenant passed down from Abraham, God reconfirmed it with Moses when the COI left Egypt.

What other ordinance or covenants did they have to keep when they left Egypt?
Passover!!!
Passover and circumcision were the first and second everlasting ordinance passed down from Moses.
Exo 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

When leaving slavery in Egypt, God declared what the stranger who joined the COI would have to keep. It is evident that Sabbath was not given as yet.
So when Sabbath is given several weeks later we know exactly when the Sabbath was first given(Ex16).
If Sabbath was given at creation why is there no evidence of it as a covenant made with man before Moses.
If Sabbath was given at creation why would God declare Sabbath as a covenant made between Himself and the COI (Ex31)?
Because it was not given at creation for mankind to keep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides God saying at least 10 times that He gave the Children of Israel the Sabbath, one would have to be brain-dead to deny that God made the Sabbath an exclusive covenant sign with only the Children of Israel.

Yes Cribstyl we were strangers from the covenants of God. BUT NOW! Paul tells us we are no longer "strangers"

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also the sons of THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and TAKETH HOLD OF MY COVENANT; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.

Even them (us gentile STRANGERS mentioned in Ephes.2) will He bring to His holy mountain, if we should take hold of His sabbath covenant. Jesus will bring us to the 1000yr period of rest

EXODUS 31 [16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the SABBATH, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a PERPETUAL COVENANT.

The above scripture points to one of those covenants spoken of in Ephes.2

ROMANS 1 [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] without understanding, COVENANTBREAKERS, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

And you can see who Paul lumps in with the covenantbreakers. Not good company

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes Cribstyl we were strangers from the covenants of God. BUT NOW! Paul tells us we are no longer "strangers"

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope
True, by adoption into His family, we're no longer strangers to God. We're sons and daughters, or children of God.
The Abraham covenants are two.
#1. The promise that "In thy seed all nations will be blessed".
#2. Circumcise all males on the 8th day.

By the blood of Jesus Christ all nations of the world are blessed and can draw close to God. What we do take hold of is God's new covenant which replaces the Old Covenant which is the law.
What covenant should we take hold of and why?

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also the sons of THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and TAKETH HOLD OF MY COVENANT; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.

Even them (us gentile STRANGERS mentioned in Ephes.2) will He bring to His holy mountain, if we should take hold of His sabbath covenant. Jesus will bring us to the 1000yr period of rest

EXODUS 31 [16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the SABBATH, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a PERPETUAL COVENANT.

The above scripture points to one of those covenants spoken of in Ephes.2

ROMANS 1 [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] without understanding, COVENANTBREAKERS, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

And you can see who Paul lumps in with the covenantbreakers. Not good company
Isa 56 flies under the Old Covenant. Tell me what burnt offering or sacrifices are required under the New Covenant?

All your scriptures are chasing your comments. The context is not proving your comments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the blood of Jesus Christ all nations of the world are blessed and can draw close to God. What we do take hold of is God's new covenant which replaces the Old Covenant which is the law.
What covenant should we take hold of and why?

The new covenant we are now in is all about the blood of Christ. Not changing the law....but fulfilling the law

ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definately prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings found in Col.2[16] ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The new covenant we are now in is all about the blood of Christ. Not changing the law....but fulfilling the law
Sorry, the blood is the necessary seal, but the covenant is the words of the agreement.
ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definately prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant
Uhhhhh Verse 9 is about the Mosaic Covenant sealed with animal blood...... You continue to force the scriptures to fit your comments... I'm wasting my time.
HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings found in Col.2[16] ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law.
Uhhhhhh

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

New covenant...blood

New testament...blood

And theres the 2nd

Yep great post WW. Wish I coud rate the posting here. Definately a winner. Great job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

New covenant...blood
LGW says your post is a winner. Both you and LGW need to do a deeper study on Zechariah 9 and come back to the table.
"The blood of your covenant" mentioned in Zec 9:11 is of the Mosaic covenant and NOT the blood of the New Covenant as you say. Your post is debunked.
Why?
Jesus is not called the blood of thy covenant.
................................................................................
Heb 12 has no connection to Lu 22:19.
You're linking words to help your commentary. You don't seem to care about the context.
Which scripture supports your statement in pink?
because

New testament...blood

And theres the 2nd

The rest of the post is also designed to take scriptures out of context. Not 1 of your posted scriptures are in agreement with your comments. The fact that you can do this endlessly is for God to stop you, not me.

By posting Heb 10: 4: you're trying to get away with saying : The Old Covenant is the blood of blood of bulls and the New covenant is the blood of Christ. you say: "He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second." In your lesson,the only thing that gets taken away is blood of bulls, not the covenant. The text actually saying He takes away The Law (first covenant) that He may establish Salvation by faith (the new covenant)
Heb 8:7¶ For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Heb 8:13

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your lesson,the only thing that gets taken away is blood of bulls, not the covenant. The text actually saying He takes away The Law (first covenant) that He may establish Salvation by faith (the new covenant)
Heb 8:7¶ For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived? Keep in mind if Gods law was written in our heart we would be keeping that law perfectly. Are you perfect?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere. Every time i say we {gentiles} are to keep the 10 commandments, i hear that covenant wasnt given to the gentiles! It was given to Isreal only!

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete. In them same books youll find in Hebrews 4 the name of Jesus being change to Joshua for the same reason. To hide the truth

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. Yes, even His sabbath. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Verse 8- Yes.... that would be the 10 commandments. Does that include the sabbath

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.

Yup

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The idea that Sabbath was given at creation is debunked in both the Old Testament by Moses, and in the New Testament by Jesus.

Jhn 7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Christ's language implied that circumcision preceded the Sabbath and therefore, Moses knew not to alter, what God had already ordained as an everlasting covenant.
Does God make mistake??

God's word is the standard and the pillar of truth. God's word is above the commentary of men with honorable intentions.

Try not to ignore using scriptures to support your truth. Quoting from denominational statements pails in comparing to the word of God.
Sabbath was hallowed and sanctified.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived? Keep in mind if Gods law was written in our heart we would be keeping that law perfectly. Are you perfect?
Respectfully WW, we have a different understanding about the LAWS that God promised to write on ours hearts. First off, God said it would not be like the one given to the fathers at Sinai. Yes' Jeremiah said "write my law on their hearts" and many would say, it's the ten commandments. Heb 8 and Heb10 Says "write my laws on their hearts", that does not spell out the ten commandments. If it was the "one-size-fit-all" ten commandments, what difference would it make to write the same law on the hearts? (Just get the t-shirt.) By promising to write laws on each heart seems like God is promising personal commandments and personal ministry to each person. "Honor your mother and father' cant apply to me if my mother and father is dead or I'm an old man.
Truth be told Paul taught if their was one of the commandments in the law, that could give life, then righteousness would be by the law.

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere. Every time i say we {gentiles} are to keep the 10 commandments, i hear that covenant wasnt given to the gentiles! It was given to Isreal only!
Well, God's promise to Abraham had to go through his descendants until the seed came. The fact that God promised to bless all nations includes Gentiles, means, all nations have an open door through Christ. (Your birthday or dad's, everyone eat cake.)

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.
I believe that that text is referring to the promised indwelling Holy Spirit to guide and teach us by writing specific directions on each person that opens the door of their heart.
Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet.
"Behold the days are coming" is quoting Jeremiah's prophecy. The blood of Jesus is the blood (seal) of the New Covenant. Rom 3:21-31 is one place where Paul explains the covenant we're under.
Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete. In them same books youll find in Hebrews 4 the name of Jesus being change to Joshua for the same reason. To hide the truth

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. Yes, even His sabbath. When will God write His laws in our hearts?
You're an honest man to admit what Paul writes. Name change? Jesus to Joshua?
Never read that.
DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Verse 8- Yes.... that would be the 10 commandments. Does that include the sabbath
All scriptures are good, but not all scriptures apply to this generation.
ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.

Yup
Too many issues, I'll punt on this one for now.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0