Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You posted commentary prior, when you said the law had weak and beggarly elements, and proceeded to post a verse out of context, that did not confirm your previous statement.

I think your confusing honey badger with me ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You posted commentary prior, when you said the law had weak and beggarly elements, and proceeded to post a verse out of context, that did not confirm your previous statement.

not true .... i only quoted the verse in my post 152 in response to your question in post 151 in relation to your reply to post 147 .... truth be told i never even heard of the phrase "beggarly elements" as even though i use many translations including the KJV .. i mostly use the Berean literal and study bible translations where this wording does not appear, and so i had to do a word search, and it was with this in mind i replied to you ....

however with this said i am in complete agreement with post 156 ....

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not true .... i only quoted the verse in my post 152 in response to your question in post 151 in relation to your reply to post 147 .... truth be told i never even heard of the phrase "beggarly elements" as even though i use many translations including the KJV .. i mostly use the Berean literal and study bible translations where this wording does not appear, and so i had to do a word search, and it was with this in mind i replied to you ....

however with this said i am in complete agreement with post 156 ....
If you didn’t want to suggest that the law had weak and beggarly elements, it would have been better to not post a verse implying an answer to my question.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I assume you believe he was talking to different people in chapter 3 than he was in chapter 4?

Chapter 4 as it continues ...
21Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Let’s stay focused on the weak and beggarly elements, so you can correctly understand what they are.

Galatians 4:7-8
Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Paul addresses their previous life of worshipping false gods, and how they did not know God when doing so

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

the Galatians were previously in bondage, while servicing those false gods, and did not know God, nor were they known by God.

he is asking them why they would return to THAT - they were not previously obeying God’s law - they did not know
God, and were in bondage according to all their weak and beggarly elements

the Galatians could not “return again” to do something they previously were not doing.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let’s stay focused on the weak and beggarly elements, so you can correctly understand what they are.

Galatians 4:7-8

Paul addresses their previous life of worshipping false gods, and how they did not know God when doing so

the Galatians were previously in bondage, while servicing those false gods, and did not know God, nor were they known by God.

he is asking them why they would return to THAT - they were not previously obeying God’s law - they did not know
God, and were in bondage according to all their weak and beggarly elements

the Galatians could not “return again” to do something they previously were not doing.

If you want to take it that way then Paul was likening the Law to this very thing in the very next verses, turning Israel into an Ishmael ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you didn’t want to suggest that the law had weak and beggarly elements, it would have been better to not post a verse implying an answer to my question.

i did not imply by suggestion, but gave an explicit reference

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

When people confuse this verse; it's an example of how indoctrination can blind them to what is right before their eyes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I receive sabbath in fullness on other days or is this just a once a week sort of thing? If so who gives me that sabbath? is it given to me based on what I do or what the giver has done for me?

You can chose to do whatever you wish on the other 6 days and if you want to dedicate one of those days to God you absolutely can do that. But the thing is that there is only one day in the week that was blessed, made holy, and sanctified so you cannot ignore that day and try to replace it with another day based on your choosing. Its like when Cain and Abel had to make a sacrifice to God. They both made a sacrifice and Cain brought the very best of his fruits which were the works of his hands, but was not what God had required. Must follow the directives by God.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i did not imply by suggestion, but gave an explicit reference
Still waiting to see where Paul references these weak and beggarly elements of the law

so far, nothing has been shown - just a verse that is not talking about the law.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums