Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In the Beginning:

(CLV) Gn 2:3
And Elohim blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, for in it He ceased from all His work that Elohim had created by making it.

(CLV) Ex 20:11
For in six days Yahweh dealt with the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He stopped on the seventh day. Therefore, Yahweh blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it

The Time of Moses:

(CLV) Lv 16:31
It is a sabbath of cessation for you, and you will humble your souls; it is an eonian statute. (FOREVER)

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.
(An everlasting covenant)

In the Time of Yahshua:

(CLV) Lk 4:16
And He came to Nazareth, where He was reared, and, according to His custom ion the day of the sabbaths, He entered into the synagogue and rose to read.

After Yahshua's Ascension:

(CLV) Hb 4:9
Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God.

(CLV) Hb 4:10
For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own.

(CLV) Hb 4:11
We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness.

(CLV) Ac 17:2
Now, as was Paul's custom, he entered to them, and on three sabbaths he argues with them from the scriptures,

The Great Time of Trouble:

(CLV) Mt 24:20
Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath,

(CLV) Mt 24:21
for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring.

In the Kingdom to Come:

(CLV) Isa 66:22
For just as the new heavens and the new earth which I shall make shall stand before Me, averring is Yahweh, So your seed and your name shall stand.

(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In the Beginning:

(CLV) Gn 2:3
And Elohim blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, for in it He ceased from all His work that Elohim had created by making it.

(CLV) Ex 20:11
For in six days Yahweh dealt with the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He stopped on the seventh day. Therefore, Yahweh blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it

The Time of Moses:

(CLV) Lv 16:31
It is a sabbath of cessation for you, and you will humble your souls; it is an eonian statute. (FOREVER)

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.
(An everlasting covenant)

In the Time of Yahshua:

(CLV) Lk 4:16
And He came to Nazareth, where He was reared, and, according to His custom ion the day of the sabbaths, He entered into the synagogue and rose to read.

After Yahshua's Ascension:

(CLV) Hb 4:9
Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God.

(CLV) Hb 4:10
For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own.

(CLV) Hb 4:11
We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness.

(CLV) Ac 17:2
Now, as was Paul's custom, he entered to them, and on three sabbaths he argues with them from the scriptures,

The Great Time of Trouble:

(CLV) Mt 24:20
Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath,

(CLV) Mt 24:21
for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring.

In the Kingdom to Come:

(CLV) Isa 66:22
For just as the new heavens and the new earth which I shall make shall stand before Me, averring is Yahweh, So your seed and your name shall stand.

(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.
The shadow forever.

Reactions: Malihah
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“The [ETERNAL] hath given you the Sabbath.”

He “blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it”
What does “sanctified” mean?
Look in your dictionary.

It means “set apart, for holy use or purpose.”
He set apart this dayfrom other days—set it
apart for holy use—for a day of physical rest,
in which His people may assemble and worship God!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“The [ETERNAL] hath given you the Sabbath.”

He “blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it”
What does “sanctified” mean?
Look in your dictionary.

It means “set apart, for holy use or purpose.”
He set apart this dayfrom other days—set it
apart for holy use—for a day of physical rest,
in which His people may assemble and worship God!

May assemble. I like that.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you say that the new heaven and new earth to come, are a shadow of things to come?

If so, why?
Colossians 1:13
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son.

That kingdom there comprises the new heaven and earth. We are already seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
YHWH has no say in how we keep it kadosh (set apart)?

It's like the poem about the guy praying while hanging upside down in a well: "It was the prayin'est prayer I ever prayed."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's like the poem about the guy praying while hanging upside down in a well: "It was the prayin'ist prayer I ever prayed."

I'm not familiar with that poem. Do you have anything from scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 1:13
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son.

That kingdom there comprises the new heaven and earth. We are already seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

So you don't believe that there will be a physical second coming; and that Yahshua will physically reign here on earth?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not familiar with that poem. Do you have anything from scripture?

Sure.
"Don't let anyone judge you regarding (how you keep) the Sabbath."

"Work out your own salvation..."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sure.
"Don't let anyone judge you regarding (how you keep) the Sabbath."

I believe this is the verse you are referring to:

(CLV) Col 2:16
Let no one, then, be judging you in food or in drink or in the particulars of a festival, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,

Paul says "in the particulars." What does he mean by that? Certainly he isn't telling us to go against what YHWH says?

YHWH calls Israel judge their brothers by YHWH's word:

(CLV) Ex 31:14
Hence you will keep the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Profaners of it shall be put to death, yea death, for if anyone is doing work in it, that soul will be cut off from among his people.

YHWH takes this very seriously.

"Work out your own salvation..."

I'm not sure where this came from.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:12 (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Luke 4:16 (KJV)
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Acts 17:2 (KJV)
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It comes from the new testament.

Found it!

It's a beautiful passage on obedience.

(CLV) Php 2:12
So that, my beloved, according as you always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, with fear and trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect,

(CLV) Php 2:13
for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight.

(CLV) Php 2:14
All be doing without murmurings and reasonings,

(CLV) Php 2:15
that you may become blameless and artless, children of God, flawless, in the midst of a generation crooked and perverse among whom you are appearing as luminaries in the world,

WOW!

Why didn't this passage sink in with me sooner? Good stuff!

• Friendly
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Sabbath is a day of rest, and one of the Ten Commandments as well, are there 9 commandments effectively during the other 6 days of the week?
The command is 6 days work, one day rest.
All ten are in effect always.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Exodus 20:6. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
If the Sabbath is called a delight, it is remembered every day, and becomes the day that fills all days.
The Day of the Lord should be the day that fills all days for those who look to His return. The Sabbath is the "shadow" of that day.
Luke 12:
35 Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning;
36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them.
38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make
ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has.
45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk,
46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

49 I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished!
51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.
52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.
53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”
54 Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is.
55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is.
56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If the Sabbath is a day of rest, and one of the Ten Commandments as well, are there 9 commandments effectively during the other 6 days of the week?

(CLV) Ex 31:14
Hence you will keep the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Profaners of it shall be put to death, yea death, for if anyone is doing work in it, that soul will be cut off from among his people.

I'm not sure exactly what this means; but I wouldn't practice lawlessness on Shabbat. I suspect that there might be serious consequences on judgement day.

Upvote 0