Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Russian Orthodox Leader Condemns Gay Marriages, Warns Of Apocalypse

Head of the Russian Orthodox Church warned Western governments on Sunday against legalization of same-sex marriages what he called a sign of approaching end of the world. Patriarch Kirill said during a service at Moscow’s major cathedral that the recent initiatives in a range of countries to legalize same-sex marriages “is a dangerous and apocalyptic symptom” that should not spread over to Russia, according to Russian media reports. While those who “fight the laws imposed by the minority are subject to repressions,” Kirill, who leads the Church known for its conservative views, was quoted as saying during his speech at Kazan Cathedral near Red Square on Sunday.

Russian Orthodox Leader Condemns Gay Marriages, Warns of Apocalypse | Russia | RIA Novosti

-------------------------------------------

All I can say is.... Good for the Russian Orthodox Church!

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it would be hypocritical to call them righteous because of the fact that they ally with a draconian government that punishes people with jail time just for hurting religious people's feelings. Or arresting people who are openly homosexual. As much as I am against gay marriage I would not like to have it come from someone who is in bed with the state making horrible laws the restrict freedom.

Upvote 0

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 8
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 Now early[a] in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. 3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, 4 they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses, in the law, commanded[c] us that such should be stoned.[d] But what do You say?”[e] 6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.[f]

7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up[g] and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” 8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience,[h] went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours?[j] Has no one condemned you?”

11 She said, “No one, Lord.”

And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and[k] sin no more.”

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Russian Orthodox Leader Condemns Gay Marriages, Warns Of Apocalypse

MOSCOW, July 21 (RIA Novosti) – Head of the Russian Orthodox Church warned Western governments on Sunday against legalization of same-sex marriages what he called a sign of approaching end of the world.
:eek:

That is just plain ludicrous!

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not surprised we have to go outside our own borders to find religious leaders with enough backbone to speak out against this ever growing and very dangerous gay movement. For sure certain denominations will not even clean out their own houses of this sin against God and man.

God will judge the pagan world for supporting gays, and in the case of Christian's, these will be judged for not speaking out against homosexuality. If you don't speak out against it, in the eye's of God, your supporting it!

America, England, Canada, France, and many other nation's have grown soft for their support of Godly things.

The doom of Sodom.

Abraham pleaded with the Lord not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if 10 RIGHTEOUS men could be found in the cities. "And the Lord went his way! And the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven." Compare with,

Rev.8:7, "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they (the hail) were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all greeN grass was burnt up." As did the seas burn up, when a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea.

Read the rest for yourselves.

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not surprised we have to go outside our own borders to find religious leaders with enough backbone to speak out against this ever growing and very dangerous gay movement. For sure certain denominations will not even clean out their own houses of this sin against God and man.

God will judge the pagan world for supporting gays, and in the case of Christian's, these will be judged for not speaking out against homosexuality. If you don't speak out against it, in the eye's of God, your supporting it!

America, England, Canada, France, and many other nation's have grown soft for their support of Godly things.

The doom of Sodom.

Abraham pleaded with the Lord not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if 10 RIGHTEOUS men could be found in the cities. "And the Lord went his way! And the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven." Compare with,

Rev.8:7, "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they (the hail) were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all greeN grass was burnt up." As did the seas burn up, when a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea.

Read the rest for yourselves.

Phil LaSpino

:doh:

As much as I am against homosexuality I am also thinking that GOD will not be happy with a church that gives support to a man who has a track record of abuse of power. Or the fact that the Church is so self righteous that they forget they need to follow the spirit of the law and not just the letter. In this case going all draconian and being all unloving towards fellow sinners just makes the situation worse. Also you think Sodom was only destroyed because of homosexuality. Its gotten blatant to this point that a lot of Christians only think homosexuality is the only sin to be fought against and will ignore or even support evil people as moral agents.

Journalist flees Russia to keep family safe amid persecution of homosexuals - Salon.com

This is the example I am talking about Russia is people like the Pharisees in that they are eager to stone people while having the gull to say they are a pious nation.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:doh:

As much as I am against homosexuality I am also thinking that GOD will not be happy with a church that gives support to a man who has a track record of abuse of power. Or the fact that the Church is so self righteous that they forget they need to follow the spirit of the law and not just the letter. In this case going all draconian and being all unloving towards fellow sinners just makes the situation worse. Also you think Sodom was only destroyed because of homosexuality. Its gotten blatant to this point that a lot of Christians only think homosexuality is the only sin to be fought against and will ignore or even support evil people as moral agents.

Journalist flees Russia to keep family safe amid persecution of homosexuals - Salon.com

This is the example I am talking about Russia is people like the Pharisees in that they are eager to stone people while having the gull to say they are a pious nation.
Russia makes no claim to be a pious nation. The Church in Russia is not the government of Russia. The Church in the USA, likewise, is not the government of the USA. Neither are Church States.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious? The Russian State and the Orthodox Church has been at odds since before we can remember. Putin is not Orthodox as far as I've heard. Priests have been in the gulags for speaking against the State for years. The official religion of Russia's government is atheism.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you serious? The Russian State and the Orthodox Church has been at odds since before we can remember. Putin is not Orthodox as far as I've heard. Priests have been in the gulags for speaking against the State for years. The official religion of Russia's government is atheism.

Things have changed and they are not pretty. The Orthodox Church has again become the official religion but the fact is the old authoritarianism is back in full force under Putin. This is defiantly not the USSR you grew up with.

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

The association of sexual (mis)behavior with destruction is not new; Jewish Midrash notes that rampant sexual immorality was one reason for the flood in the time of Noah.

If one considers unGodly behavior, im/morality, a debased ethos as gauge of the relative spiritual health of a society, then indeed one might reasonably consider that our present society is spiritually unhealthy (which was the case in the time of Noah, the tower of Babylon, etc.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Did the Russian arch dude give a timeframe for said apocalypse?

I believe His Holiness the Patriarch was speaking kinda metaphorically or something. He was saying that the world, specifically Russia, continues to stray from God. Not that I fully agree with the language used or the degree of seriousness.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Umm...Russia is a secular state.
Yep. Just like the Russia I grew up with. Always was and I see no change in that. They are more tolerant of the Church today, without a doubt. But the Kremlin is not in cahoots with the Church by any stretch of the imagination.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The association of sexual (mis)behavior with destruction is not new; Jewish Midrash notes that rampant sexual immorality was one reason for the flood in the time of Noah.

If one considers unGodly behavior, im/morality, a debased ethos as gauge of the relative spiritual health of a society, then indeed one might reasonably consider that our present society is spiritually unhealthy (which was the case in the time of Noah, the tower of Babylon, etc.)

Then it should be the duty of the church without the help of the government. In this case this is where personal responsibility must come from the people to change. Government by force often leads people into not changing but going underground making the problem worse. Plus self righteous attitudes are made and it causes people to ignore violence against homosexuals.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Personally, I support secular states. That way, we don't have a war in the Church over who's theology and social stances should be approved of. It would be terrible if the stances of people like Jefferts Schorti became law.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I support secular states. That way, we don't have a war in the Church over who's theology and social stances should be approved of. It would be terrible if the stances of people like Jefferts Schorti became law.

I am curious do you know anyone in Russia about what's going on because Putin has been putting out some horrible draconian laws. I mean he even made law putting people in jail for hurting religious people's feelings.

Upvote 0