United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Without even seeing the argument you seem to be referring to,
can you see the error plain as day in your post quoted here ?

The error is about the wrong explanation of God's Word,
with or without the comma.

Someone was trying to claim a comma in English changes the meaning in greek. I have seen that nonsense on "today you will be with me in paradise" before and it is not really all that convincing.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Innuendo is a form of lashon hara.
That doesn't matter in this forum,
or any forum that I know of,
and I've only ever seen it brought up (before today)by Judaizers , who didn't want the truth brought out, as a way - their attempt - to discredit the truth.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This explains a lot of the troubles .... yes, very clear now.

So this is no surprise....

Yahweh blesses (because it is His Good Pleasure to do so) all who trust in Him,
and curses all who trust in scholars ..... a hard, sometimes very hard , or even impossible(for man), lesson to learn....

thanks for the insult, may I have another.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't matter in this forum,
or any forum that I know of,
and I've only ever seen it brought up (before today)by Judaizers , who didn't want the truth brought out, as a way - their attempt - to discredit the truth.

By the manners of your post I am wondering if you belong to a cult????
After all, true Christians don't act the way you are.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is just my humble opinion of the way I see you or someone else in this thread operating. Sorry if it is not you who says that "day by day" does not mean the same as "daily".
Your false conclusion (or assumption) was this (below, underlined and bolded):
Those are perfectly good translations --- it seems you treat the Bible like LDS --- you only like it if it is translated the way you want it to read.

There are many well study Linguistic Scholars producing outstanding translations based on up to date research.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is a big part of the problem, as noted earlier, when the scholars are ungodly and produce contradictions to God's Word.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is this an example of your "warped sense of humor" in your warning sign ?

I didn't see anyone say the Jewish Christians were not kicked out of Rome ,
in any post on this thread (though I have not read all of the posts).

It appears you my friend did not read the rest of the post which you truncated.

References to an expulsion of Jews from Rome by the Roman Emperor Claudius, who was in office AD 41-54, appear in the Acts of the Apostles (18:2), and in the writings of Roman historians Suetonius (c. AD 69 – c. AD 122), Cassius Dio (c. AD 150 – c. 235) and fifth-century Christian author Paulus Orosius. Scholars generally agree that these references refer to the same incident.[1][2]
The exact date is uncertain. The maximal time window for the expulsion of Jews from Rome is from January AD 41 until January AD 53. More detailed estimates such as those based on the AD 49 date by Orosius or the reduction of the AD 53 upper limit due to Proconsul Gallio's health are possible but controversial.
There were at least two expulsions of Jews from Rome before this event. In 139 BC the Jews were expelled after being accused of aggressive missionary efforts. Then in AD 19 Tiberius once again expelled Jews from the city for similar reasons.

footnotes:
1 Rainer Riesner "Pauline Chronology" in Stephen Westerholm The Blackwell Companion to Paul (May 16, 2011) ISBN 1405188448 pp.13-14

2 Andreas J. Köstenberger, L. Scott Kellum, The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament (2009) ISBN 978-0-8054-4365-3 p. 110, 400

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
By the manners of your post I am wondering if you belong to a cult????
After all, true Christians don't act the way you are.
How would you know? You have stated (posted today)that you trust those Jesus says God hides salvation from ....
Unless trust is placed in the Father in heaven completely,
you might never know.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It appears you my friend did not read the rest of the post which you truncated.

References to an expulsion of Jews from Rome by the Roman Emperor Claudius, who was in office AD 41-54, appear in the Acts of the Apostles (18:2), and in the writings of Roman historians Suetonius (c. AD 69 – c. AD 122), Cassius Dio (c. AD 150 – c. 235) and fifth-century Christian author Paulus Orosius. Scholars generally agree that these references refer to the same incident.[1][2]
The exact date is uncertain. The maximal time window for the expulsion of Jews from Rome is from January AD 41 until January AD 53. More detailed estimates such as those based on the AD 49 date by Orosius or the reduction of the AD 53 upper limit due to Proconsul Gallio's health are possible but controversial.
There were at least two expulsions of Jews from Rome before this event. In 139 BC the Jews were expelled after being accused of aggressive missionary efforts. Then in AD 19 Tiberius once again expelled Jews from the city for similar reasons.

footnotes:
1 Rainer Riesner "Pauline Chronology" in Stephen Westerholm The Blackwell Companion to Paul (May 16, 2011) ISBN 1405188448 pp.13-14

2 Andreas J. Köstenberger, L. Scott Kellum, The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament (2009) ISBN 978-0-8054-4365-3 p. 110, 400
Are you reading what you post ?
Where does your posted quote anywhere say that the Jews were not kicked out of Rome ?!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,105,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Acts 20:7 is related to one of the days they came together to worship
As I have demonstrated, that day is YHWH's Sabbath, as it is written. Acts 20:7 doesn't mention anything about worship. How did you come to this conclusion?

which is what the Sabbath is all about.
Really? Not that I don't just want to take your word for it, despite your history of jumping to conclusions; but do you have any scripture to prove that is what the Sabbath is "ALL" about?

Using strongs alone leads to word study fallacies like you demonstrated.

There you go jumping to conclusions again. I don't use Strong's alone. You've not demonstrated that I have demonstrated any fallacies. However, yo8u have presented, yet another, bare assertion fallacy.

Please, answer honestly the questions I have asked throughout this thread.

I'm not aware of any questions that you've directed toward me, that have been left unanswered.

Shabbat Shalom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who is Hart and what is your source, please. I do not recognize it. Maybe get in habit of posting a link to source which I try to do.
His name is Hark but you don't seem to be big on details...

The Greek reference is from Strongs...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Actually I was referring to his faulty translation of "first day of the week," with regard to the Sabbath, back in post #88.

Thanx... I was using your suggestion of referring to the original Greek for correctly understanding the passage.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are no commas in greek, thus an argument over such is an error.
We read from the English translations which do have punctuations included and can give false meaning to a verse which is what I pointing out with my grammar lesson.

Closer to the truth however is the Greek original rendering which doesn't use the word day or daily, making your point of when Christians met and worshipped moot.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Someone was trying to claim a comma in English changes the meaning in greek. I have seen that nonsense on "today you will be with me in paradise" before and it is not really all that convincing.
Don't use man's wisdom or knowledge (as in the "natural man", nor common (as in worldly) sense to try to understand what Jesus says can only be understood by spirit. This is a very necessary lesson before anything at all can be understood, as Yahweh Reveals all through all of His Word.
The mistranslations and uses of the mistranslations greatly outnumber the truth, and for the same reasons Yahweh says they do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.