newburgh
✟115,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are governments and there are governments. In the secular world there are governments who don’t stand for God, but in the world under God there are governments who stand for Him.

The Bible acknowledges this and only recognize such governments, as expressed and implied in Romans 13:1-7. God has a hand in this, as described Daniel 2:21. And did not Solomon in 1 Kings 3:5-14 ask God for guidance in ruling His people after David’s death?

To the extent we know there are governments under God and governments that are not, how do we know the difference? The Bible offers guidance. 1 Peter 2:13-17 says it is those governments that do the good of God for the sake of the people. Hebrews 13:17 says to support such leaders.

There are governments, or branches thereof, that fall into a gray area. We don’t know if they’re working for the good of the people or they just follow government procedures to what ends we don’t know, accept it’s not for the good of everyone who is God-fearing. We do know of people in government who unwittingly or purposefully drive a wedge between those who fear God, despite Galatians 3:28-29 which says God judges us equally and entitles us to the legacy He gave Abraham. And there are leaders in government who do nothing but take advantage of the government’s kitty, and of the government’s power to seek bribes and gifts from others under the illusion that they have the power and respect enough to return the favor.

Whose Gods are those leaders following? Certainly not the God that the Bible refers to! 1 Peter 5:8 tells us to be watchful, lest we end up in the devil’s snares. There are leaders who take advantage of, and operate under the guise that, nobody is perfect. As such, they don’t bother striving for goodness since people have accepted that no one is perfect, and such leaders take advantage of people’s being resigned to that fact. Such leaders may even go to church, implying, ‘See? I am among you, and I worship as you do.’

It is only when we don’t strive for goodness that we can be rightfully accused of following other gods.

Reactions: Vambram

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are governments and there are governments. In the secular world there are governments who don’t stand for God, but in the world under God there are governments who stand for Him.

The Bible acknowledges this and only recognize such governments,
as expressed and implied in Romans 13:1-7.
Actually, Ro 13:1-2 is stating that all civil government is ordained by God, even though all the civil rulers during that time were pagan,
that authority established by men depends on God for its existence (Ro 13:1).
Indirectly, when one disobeys a human ruler, he disobeys God (Ro 13:2, 1 Pe 2:13-15), who himself ordained the system of human government.
God has a hand in this, as described Daniel 2:21. And did not Solomon in 1 Kings 3:5-14 ask God for guidance in ruling His people after David’s death?
To the extent we know there are governments under God and governments that are not, how do we know the difference? The Bible offers guidance. 1 Peter 2:13-17 says it is those governments that do the good of God for the sake of the people. Hebrews 13:17 says to support such leaders.
Actually, 1 Pe 2:13-17 states, "For it is God's will that by (you) doing good, you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men;" i.e., good citizenship counters false charges made against Christians and thereby commends the gospel to unbelievers.

Upvote 0

Reginald Taylor Jr

Oct 26, 2023
California
✟16,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Philippians 4:8
King James Version​

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Upvote 0

Reginald Taylor Jr

Oct 26, 2023
California
✟16,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Philippians 4:8
King James Version​

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I believe in the Gospel, I am truth when I meet. Don't believe in false gods or idols. Cleave to which is that good. Purchased by Jesus Christ blood. Ordain me of God.

Upvote 0