✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Awesome!!
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe...eme-court-ending-federal-abortion-rights.html
For clarification for some people here, this returns the power BACK to the states as it should allowing states to decide how to handle it.
This does NOT...make them entirely illegal. As they should be, elective abortions of healthy babies is murder. Nothing you "people" say can change reality.
There is also medical abortions done to save the life of the mother. Those will be decided by doctors on a case by case basis.
A woman can have more children but a dead mother cannot. Which is worse? The loss of one life or both?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For clarification for some people here, this returns the power BACK to the states as it should allowing states to decide how to handle it.
This does NOT...make them entirely illegal.

correct

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now is when it gets interesting, because I think the church in the US will suffer persecution over this.

But yes, glory to God that the current Supreme Court has seen fit to turn things going back in the right direction again. Now it will be up to the States, and individuals who have the guts to stand up to the far Left.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now is when it gets interesting, because I think the church in the US will suffer persecution over this.

But yes, glory to God that the current Supreme Court has seen fit to turn things going back in the right direction again. Now it will be up to the States, and individuals who have the guts to stand up to the far Left.

This definitely does have the makings of the beginning of active and open persecution against believers in the States, although I think at first it may only be against Catholics as they seem to bear the brunt of that sides ire.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This definitely does have the makings of the beginning of active and open persecution against believers in the States, although I think at first it may only be against Catholics as they seem to bear the brunt of that sides ire.

Yes. Any church or Christian organization closely associated with the Pro-Life movement.

I have a thread on it now if you're interested:
Church Invasions: A Fad Of The Future

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

We can't know for sure but likely heavy Red States will likely ban it all together.
The real problem is so many people fighting for their subjective "right" to kill the unborn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thirteen states have immediate trigger laws that ban almost all abortions immediately once Roe is overturned – Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.
Thank goodness my state is one of them. Others won't change immediately and regardless it's back to the states to decide as they should be.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thirteen states have immediate trigger laws that ban almost all abortions immediately once Roe is overturned – Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.
Thank goodness my state is one of them. Others won't change immediately and regardless it's back to the states to decide as they should be.
I just pray it won’t be like this: We’re Not Going Back to the Time Before Roe. We’re Going Somewhere Worse
“There was no evidence that Latice Fisher took an abortion pill. She maintained that she had experienced a stillbirth—an occurrence in one out of every hundred and sixty pregnancies in the U.S. Nonetheless, she was charged with second-degree murder and held on a hundred-thousand-dollar bond. The district attorney, Scott Colom, had campaigned as a progressive reformer; advocates pushed him to drop the murder charge, and to provide a grand jury with more information about an antiquated, unreliable “float test” that prosecutors had used as a basis for their allegation that Fisher’s baby was born alive. Fisher was eventually cleared of all charges; the ordeal took more than three years.”
“In Poland, pregnant women with cancer have been routinely denied chemotherapy because of clinicians’ fears of harming the fetus.”
“Physicians in prohibition states have already begun declining to treat women who are in the midst of miscarriages, for fear that the treatment could be classified as abortion. One woman in Texas was told that she had to drive fifteen hours to New Mexico to have her ectopic pregnancy—which is nonviable, by definition, and always dangerous to the mother—removed. Misoprostol, one of the abortion pills, is routinely prescribed for miscarriage management, because it causes the uterus to expel any remaining tissue. Pharmacists in Texas, fearing legal liability, have already refused to prescribe it. If a miscarriage is not managed to a safe completion, women risk—among other things, and taking the emotional damage for granted—uterine perforation, organ failure, infection, infertility, and death.”
“Women sitting in emergency rooms in the midst of miscarriages are being denied treatment for sepsis because their fetuses’ hearts haven’t yet stopped.”

Elective abortions are wrong but we cannot forget that the same tools are used for helping mothers who are experiencing miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hate to rain on the proverbial parade here, but I don't think this is necessarily the cause for celebration it should be.

Abortions will never go away. Period. The missed lesson from Prohibition, gun control, the War on Drugs, and many other well-meaning endeavors is that that making something illegal will only make it worse. Making abortion illegal will not make it go away any more than banning guns in major cities has made them safer (the American cities with the most restrictive gun control measures have the worst gun violence).

This will only galvanize and embolden the Radical Left. It will galvanize the Radical Right as well. It will also further divide the American people. It will invite more violence, hatred, and malintent from the Left against any who are remotely conservative and/or religious.

Instead, the best ways to prevent abortions from happening will be to do our job as the Church: help those in need. We should be supporting the womens shelters where some of those who are kicked out of their homes for being pregnant go for what little support they can get. I wish more Orthodox parishes, at the parish level, would "adopt" a single mother and provide her material support until at least a year past delivery. Providing proper sex education to teenager would help as well.
More importantly, repairing and strengthening the nuclear family while returning to Christ would fix everything.

El Salvador, one of few countries that has outright illegalized all abortions and the home of my ex-fiancee, has experienced some very funky side effects. Women who have babies that need surgeries while in the womb often can not get those procedures because if something goes wrong than the surgeon can be imprisoned under a false "performing and abortion" charge. Likewise, there's at least a hundred or so women who are serving prison sentences there for supposedly having an abortion when in fact they gave birth to stillborn babies and were accused of taking abortion pills or "willing" abortions.

Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,411.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This does NOT...make them entirely illegal. As they should be, elective abortions of healthy babies is murder. Nothing you "people" say can change reality.
I have to say this -- elective abortions of babies who aren't "perfect" is murder too. Isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can't know for sure but likely heavy Red States will likely ban it all together.
The real problem is so many people fighting for their subjective "right" to kill the unborn.

Strangely enough, it may cause the few more moderate liberals who are left to come out of the closet on the issue as well.

I know my own Governor in Louisiana had already passed the ban on abortion in our State if the decision came down from the Supreme Court to hand it back to the States, and there may be others as well. The State is red, but our Governor is Blue.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Abortions will never go away. Period. The missed lesson from Prohibition, gun control, the War on Drugs, and many other well-meaning endeavors is that that making something illegal will only make it worse. Making abortion illegal will not make it go away any more than banning guns in major cities has made them safer (the American cities with the most restrictive gun control measures have the worst gun violence).

except that abortion isn’t illegal. it’s up to the states and their voters to decide. so I fail to see the comparison.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
except that abortion isn’t illegal. it’s up to the states and their voters to decide. so I fail to see the comparison.
Simple: states that make it illegal are going to be likely to either A) have a lot more single mothers or B) have more illegal abortions take place than legal ones if it were legal.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Simple: states that make it illegal are going to be likely to either A) have a lot more single mothers or B) have more illegal abortions take place than legal ones if it were legal.

except the option is still in other states. and there is far more access now than before Roe.

Upvote 0