Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Ezekiel 21:26-27, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him."

1 Corinthians 1:26-29, "For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence."

We see in Ezekiel, that the LORD is putting down the noble, and what's more, he OVERTURNS he that is set on high, and abases him. "Overturn" is used 3 times in a row here, for emphasis, that this is assuredly what the LORD shall do. The same principle is applied in 1 Corinthians by Paul, and we see clearly it is God's will alone that chooses what the world considers to be foolish, weak, base, and despised. The self righteous hypocrite that feels they are above everyone else, who is proud, and aloof: He is the one whom God rejects, for few of the noble and the rich are saved, as it is written of them in the Holy Scriptures.

John Calvin wrote of "the secret election," election before the foundation of the world, out of all human sight, which is Scriptural according to Ephesians 1:4 & 11, 2 Timothy 1:9. God therefore has chosen many who this world despises, and by God's pleasure and will alone has he overturned others: some of whom the world finds very worthy because of their fame or fortune, or the name they have made for themselves. As the scripture saith, "God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth." ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13) And 1 Peter 1:2, " Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

C.H. Spurgeon quotes from an old book written by the Waldenses, that severely persecuted peoples in the 11th century: "“That God saves from corruption and damnation those whom he has chosen from the foundations of the world, not for any disposition, faith, or holiness that he foresaw in them, but of his mere mercy in Christ Jesus his Son, passing by all the rest according to the irreprehensible reason of his own free-will and justice.”

I chose that quote because Peter Waldo was one of the few rich folk who came to faith in Christ, and sold all he had, abandoning his riches, back in 1173. This would be based on Matthew 19:16-26, in which it is written, "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."