✟828,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
37001-catalog.jpg

Inexpensive, light, compact, and my wife liked the feel and the fit of it.

She was currently shooting an old Remington Nylon. A bit cumbersome during completion shoots with the tubular mag, the bolt does not hold open on the last shot, and a chamber flag is therefore difficult to insert.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought her one. Price was $199.00 Canadian. Free floated 18" barrel, Aluminum receiver, 10 round mag and fiber-optic sights; bolt holds open on last shot, and can be locked open before removing the magazine.

She chose this time to try a Simmons red-dot (red, green and blue actually) 1 x optical sight.

Before taking it to the range, following the instructions in the manual, I disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it. The mag follower and bolt seemed a little sticky, so after cleaning I gave them a little "Die Makers Grease".

New gun, so I got her to load one shell, and it "slam fired"; so I hosed out the bolt with some silicone spray lube, and worked the action a few times, and we tried again. Perfect!

300 shots later not a single miss-feed or misfire; no stove-pipes regardless of the quality of ammo we fed it. On Federal Auto-Match, from a bench rest 1/2" to dime sized groups of 5 are the norm with the red dot.

I'm impressed, and so is she; she loves it!

This short little rifle has me thinking; since I have a Norinco JW-15A bolt action with a 24" barrel, I think I should have the Norinco JW-15A-13 with the 13" barrel, and a 4 X 9 scope for our scope class... one always leads to another:

jw15a-13.jpg

Reactions: MWood