Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#5421 "well" used only 7 times in NT. 4 times in Revelation. John 4 mentions it twice concerning the Samaritan woman at the well. Interesting.

1 And the fifth messager trumpets, and I saw/perceived a star out of the heaven, having fallen into the land, and was given to him the key of the well of the abyss,

ByzMaj) Revelation 9:1 kai o pemptoV aggeloV esalpisen kai eidon astera ek tou ouranou peptwkota eiV thn ghn kai edoqh autw h kleiV tou freatoV thV abussou

John 4:11 Is saying to Him, the woman, "Lord! not a bucket Thou are having, and the well/frear <5421> is deep/baqu <901>, whence then Thou are having the water, the living?

5421. phrear of uncertain derivation; a hole in the ground (dug for obtaining or holding water or other purposes), i.e. a cistern or well; figuratively, an abyss (as a prison):--well, pit.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2575 used 4 times. Twice in Matt [13:42, 50] and twice in revelation.

2 and he opens up the well of the abyss, and ascended smoke out of the well, as smoke of a furnace, great. And is darkened the sun and the air out of the smoke of the well.

TexRec) Revelation 9:2 kai hnoixen to frear thV abussou kai anebh kapnoV ek tou freatoV wV kapnoV kaminou megalhV kai eskotisqh o hlioV kai o ahr ek tou kapnou tou freatoV

Matthew 13:42 and they shall be casting them into the furnace/kaminon <2575> of the fire, there shall be the wailing and the gnashing of the teeth.

2575. kaminos kam'-ee-nos probably from 2545; a furnace:--furnace.

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
# 4651 used only 5 times in NT. 2 times in Luke, 3 times in Revelation.

3 And out of the smoke came out locusts/F into the land, and was given to them authority, as are having authority the scorpions of the land,

TexRec) Revelation 9:3 kai ek tou kapnou exhlqon akrideV eiV thn ghn kai edoqh autaiV exousia wV ecousin exousian oi skorpioi thV ghV

Luke 10:19 Behold! I have given to ye the authority to be treading upon serpents and scorpions/skorpiwn <4651>, and over/upon all the power of the enemy, and nothing ye not no should be injuring.

4651. skorpios skor-pee'-os probably from an obsolete skerpo (perhaps strengthened from the base of 4649 and meaning to pierce); a "scorpion" (from its sting):--scorpion
4650. skorpizo skor-pid'-zo apparently from the same as 4651 (through the idea of penetrating); to dissipate, i.e. (figuratively) put to flight, waste, be liberal:--disperse abroad, scatter (abroad).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
# 91 used 28 times. First in Matt 20:13.

4 And it was declared to them that no they shoud be injuring the grass of the land, neither every green-thing, neither every tree, except the men who-any not are having the seal of the God upon the foreheads of them

ByzMaj) Revelation 9:4 kai erreqh autaiV ina mh adikhswsin ton corton thV ghV oude pan clwron oude pan dendron ei mh touV anqrwpouV oitineV ouk ecousin thn sfragida tou qeou epi twn metwpwn autwn

Matthew 20:13 And he answering unto one of them said, "comrade! not I am wronging/adikw <91> (5719) thee. Was it not for a denary thou didst agree to me?

91. adikeo from 94; to be unjust, i.e. (actively) do wrong (morally, socially or physically):--hurt, injure, be an offender, be unjust, (do, suffer, take) wrong.
94. adikos from 1 (as a negative particle) and 1349; unjust; by extension wicked; by implication, treacherous; specially, heathen:--unjust, unrighteous.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#3817 used 5 times. One in each of the Gospels and 1 time in Revelation.

5 And it was given to them that no they should be killing them, but that they should be being tormented months, five, and the torment of them as torment of a scorpion, whenever it should be striking a man;

TexRec) Revelation 9:5 kai edoqh autaiV ina mh apokteinwsin autouV all ina basanisqwsin mhnaV pente kai o basanismoV autwn wV basanismoV skorpiou otan paish anqrwpon

Matthew 26:68 Saying "prophesy Thou! to us Christ! who any is the one-hitting/paisaV <3817> (5660) Thee"?

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

3817. paio a primary verb; to hit (as if by a single blow and less violently than 5180); specially, to sting (as a scorpion):--smite, strike.
3816. pais perhaps from 3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by analogy), a girl, and (genitive case) a child; specially, a slave or servant (especially a minister to a king; and by eminence to God):--child, maid(-en), (man) servant, son, young man.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lamb,
Maybe you could do a little summary of what people are looking at, for those unfamilliar with the translation/strongs deal
Hi simon!! That probably would be a good idea and perhaps a seperate thread for a summary of each verse.
On this thread however, all I am doing it putting up the word-for-word from the Greek texts then a verse using a particular word from the rest of the NC. Thanks for your input and suggestion :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#1937 used 16 times in the NT. A prefix is used before the root word which appears to symbolize a burning passion, lust, wanting to covet etc.

6 And in the days, those, shall be seeking the men, the Death. And not no they shall be finding it. And they shall be yearning to be dying, and is fleeing the death from them

TexRec) Revelation 9:6 kai en taiV hmeraiV ekeinaiV zhthsousin oi anqrwpoi ton qanaton kai ouc eurhsousin auton kai epi-qumhsousin apoqanein kai feuxetai o qanatoV ap autwn

1937. epithumeo from 1909 and 2372; to set the heart upon, i.e. long for (rightfully or otherwise):--covet, desire, would fain, lust (after).
2372. thumos from 2380; passion (as if breathing hard):--fierceness, indignation, wrath. Compare 5590.
1909. epi ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--
2380. thuo thoo'-o a primary verb; properly, to rush (breathe hard, blow, smoke), i.e. (by implication) to sacrifice (properly, by fire, but genitive case); by extension to immolate (slaughter for any purpose):--kill, (do) sacrifice, slay.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Horses are mentioned numerous times in the OT but curiously this word for "horse" is mentioned only 17 times in the NT and only 1 time outside of Revelation [James 3]. Interesting.

7 And the likeness of the locusts like-as horses having prepared into battle, and upon the heads of them as crowns, like-as gold, and the faces of them as faces of men,

TexRec) Revelation 9:7 kai ta omoiwmata twn akridwn omoia ippoiV htoimasmenoiV eiV polemon kai epi taV kefalaV autwn wV stefanoi omoioi crusw kai ta proswpa autwn wV proswpa anqrwpwn

James 3:3 If yet the horses/ippwn <2462>, the bits into their mouths, we are thrusting into the to be yielding them to us, also whole the body we are steering.

2462. hippos hip'-pos of uncertain affinity; a horse:--horse.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2359 used 15 times in the NT though not once in Paul's epistles.

8 and they had hairs as hairs of women, and the teeth of them as lions were.

TexRec) Revelation 9:8 kai eicon tricaV wV tricaV gunaikwn kai oi odonteV autwn wV leontwn hsan

1 Peter 3:3 Of whom let be! not the outside braiding of hairs/tricwn <2359> and of about placing of golds or of putting on of garments adornments.

2359. thrix threeks genitive case trichos, etc.; of uncertain derivation; hair:--hair. Compare 2864.
2358. thri-ambeuo three-am-byoo'-o from a prolonged compound of the base of 2360; and a derivative of 680 (meaning a noisy iambus, sung in honor of Bacchus); to make an acclamatory procession, i.e. (figuratively) to conquer or (by Hebraism) to give victory:--(cause) to triumph (over).

Word used in Paul's epistles:

2864. kome kom'-ay apparently from the same as 2865; the hair of the head (locks, as ornamental, and thus differing from 2359; which properly denotes merely the scalp):--hair.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi simon!! That probably would be a good idea and perhaps a seperate thread for a summary of each verse.
On this thread however, all I am doing it putting up the word-for-word from the Greek texts then a verse using a particular word from the rest of the NC. Thanks for your input and suggestion :wave:
Cool, makes sense..

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2382 used 5 times. 2 times Paul's epistles, 3 times in Revelation.

9 and they had breastplates as breastplates iron, and the sound of the wings of them as a sound of chariots of horses, many, racing/running into battle;

TexRec) Revelation 9:9 kai eicon qwrakaV wV qwrakaV sidhrouV kai h fwnh twn pterugwn autwn wV fwnh armatwn ippwn pollwn trecontwn eiV polemon

2382. thorax tho'-rax of uncertain affinity; the chest ("thorax"), i.e. (by implication) a corslet:--breast-plate.

2876. korax kor'-ax perhaps from 2880; a crow (from its voracity):--raven.

4094. pinax pin'-ax apparently a form of 4109; a plate:--charger, platter.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2759 used 4 times in NT. Used in Acts 26:14 and 1 Corin 15.

10 and they are having tails like-as scorpions and stings, and in the tails of them the authority of them to injure the men months five

W-H) Revelation 9:10 kai ecousin ouraV omoiaV skorpioiV kai kentra kai en taiV ouraiV autwn h exousia autwn adikhsai touV anqrwpouV mhnaV pente

1 Corin 15:55 Where, O death, is thy victory? Where, O death, is thy sting/kentron <2759>? 56 Now, the sting/kentron <2759> of death is sin and the power of sin is the law;--

2759. kentron ken'-tron from kenteo (to prick); a point ("centre"), i.e. a sting (figuratively, poison) or goad (figuratively, divine impulse):--prick, sting.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#623 is used only 1 time, and the english word used is from the transliterated greek which appears to be 2 greek words together.

They are having upon/over them a King, the Messenger of the Abyss, name to him to Hebrew, Abaddon, and in the Greecian name he is having apollon/apolluwn <623>

W-H ) Revelation 9:11 ecousin ep autwn basilea ton aggelon thV abussou onoma autw ebraisti abaddwn kai en th ellhnikh onoma ecei apolluwn

Luke 21:28 Beginning yet to-be-becoming these-things, up-bend!, and lift up! the heads of ye, thru-that is nearing the loosing/apo-lutrwsiV <629> of ye

623. Apolluon ap-ol-loo'-ohn active participle of 622; a destroyer (i.e. Satan):--Apollyon.
575. apo apo' a primary particle; "off," i.e. away (from something near), in various senses (of place, time, or relation; literal or figurative)
3089. luo loo'-o a primary verb; to "loosen" (literally or figuratively):--break (up), destroy, dissolve, (un-)loose, melt, put off. Compare 4486.
622. apollumi ap-ol'-loo-mee from 575 and the base of 3639; to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively:--destroy, die, lose, mar, perish.
3639. olethros ol'-eth-ros from a primary ollumi (to destroy; a prolonged form); ruin, i.e. death, punishment:--destruction.
624. Apollonia ap-ol-lo-nee'-ah from the pagan deity Apollon (i.e. the sun; from 622); Apollonia, a place in Macedonia:--Apollonia.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The 3 final places where the woes are together are in Reve 18:10, 16, 19 concerning the Great City.

12 The woe, the one, departs. Behold! is coming still two woes after these.

W-H ) Revelation 9:12 h ouai h mia aphlqen idou ercetai eti duo ouai meta tauta

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7164949&page=2
The Great City

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
# 2768 shows 11 times, 1 time outside of Revelation in Luke 1:69.

13 And the sixth messenger trumpets, and I hear a voice, one, out of the four horns/keratwn <2768> of the altar, the golden, the one before of-the God,

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

TexRec) Revelation 9:13 kai o ektoV aggeloV esalpisen kai hkousa fwnhn mian ek twn tessarwn keratwn tou qusiasthriou tou crusou tou enwpion tou qeou

Luke 1:69 And rouses a horn/keraV <2768> of salvation to us in house of David boy of him.

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

2768. keras ker'-as from a primary kar (the hair of the head); a horn (literally or figuratively):--horn

2762. keraia ker-ah'-yah feminine of a presumed derivative of the base of 2768; something horn-like, i.e. (specially) the apex of a Hebrew letter (figuratively, the least particle):--tittle.
2769. keration ker-at'-ee-on neuter of a presumed derivative of 2768; something horned, i.e. (specially) the pod of the carob-tree:--husk.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
transliterated word used for "euphrates" only found in Reve 9 and 16. Has the prefix "eu" before it not sure of the meaning of the root word. It appears it is symbolizing the "euphrates" in the OT.

14 saying to the sixth messenger, the one having the trumpet, "Loose thou! the four messengers, the ones having been bound upon the river, the great euphrates"

TexRec) Revelation 9:14 legousan tw ektw aggelw oV eice thn salpigga luson touV tessaraV aggelouV touV dedemenouV epi tw potamw tw megalw eu-frath

2166. Euphrates yoo-frat'-ace of foreign origin (compare 6578); Euphrates, a river of Asia:--Euphrates.
2095. eu yoo neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).

Genesis 2:14 And name of the stream, the third, Chiddeqel, he the one going east of 'Ashshuwr. And the stream, the fourth, he P@rath.

06578 P@rath {per-awth'} from an unused root meaning to break forth;; n pr m
AV - Euphrates 19; 19
Euphrates = "fruitfulness"

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I decided to look at where this exact form of the greek word for "kill" was used and the 4 times it is used in the Gospels they are all in reference to the Judeans wanting to kill Jesus. What is interesting is the use of the prefix "apo" before the root word.

15 and were loosed the four messengers, the ones having been made ready into the hour, and day, and month, and year, that they may be killing the third of the men.

TexRec) Revelation 9:15 kai eluqhsan oi tessareV aggeloi oi htoimasmenoi eiV thn wran kai hmeran kai mhna kai eniauton ina apokteinwsin to triton twn anqrwpwn

http://www.scripture4all.org/

apo-kteinwsin <615> (5725) [used 8 times, 4 times in Gospels] Matt 26:4, Mark 14:1, John 11:53, 12:10

Matthew 26:4 and they took counsel together, in order that, Jesus, by guile, they might secure, and may be killing/apokteinwsin <615> (5725).

615. apo-kteino ap-ok-ti'-no from 575 and kteino (to slay); to kill outright; figuratively, to destroy:--put to death, kill, slay.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#4753 used 8 times in NC. 2 times in gospels, twice in Acts and 3 times in Revelation.

16 and the number of the wartroops/strateumatwn <4753> of the horsemen twice myriads of myriads. I hear the number of them

W-H ) Revelation 9:16 kai o ariqmoV twn strateumatwn tou ippikou dismuriadeV muriadwn hkousa ton ariqmon autwn

Rotherham) Matthew 22:7 And, the king, was provoked to anger,--and, sending his armies/strateumata <4753, destroyed those murderers, and, their city, set on fire

4753. strateuma strat'-yoo-mah from 4754; an armament, i.e. (by implication) a body of troops (more or less extensive or systematic):--army, soldier, man of war.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2382 used 5 times. 2 times in Paul's epistles, 3 times in Reve [here and twice in vs 9]

17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and the ones sitting upon them, having breastplates, fiery, and hyacinth, and sulfurous; and the heads of the horses as heads of lions, and out of the mouths of them is issuing out fire, and smoke, and brimstone;

TexRec) Revelation 9:17 kai outwV eidon touV ippouV en th orasei kai touV kaqhmenouV ep autwn econtaV qwrakaV purinouV kai uakinqinouV kai qeiwdeiV kai ai kefalai twn ippwn wV kefalai leontwn kai ek twn stomatwn autwn ekporeuetai pur kai kapnoV kai qeion

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore,--having girded your loins with truth, and put on the breastplate of righteousness,

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But we being of the day, let us be sober, putting on a breastplate of faith

2382. thorax of uncertain affinity; the chest ("thorax"), i.e. (by implication) a corslet:--breast-plate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.