Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Revelation 3:1 And to the messenger of the in Sardis Out-Called write! Now-this is saying the one-having the seven* spirits of the GOD, and the seven stars. I have seen of thee the works, that a * name thou are having that thou are living and dead are.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:1 kai tw aggelw thV en sardesin ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o ecwn ta epta pneumata tou qeou kai touV epta asteraV oida sou ta erga oti onoma eceiV oti zhV kai nekroV ei

A * designates a vaiance in 1 manuscript as I will be using the translation where 2 of the MSS agree. Here are the other 2 MSS for this verse, but I will not be showing all 3 of them in every verse in this thread

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

W-H) Revelation 3:1 kai tw aggelw thV en sardesin ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o ecwn ta epta pneumata tou qeou kai touV epta asteraV oida sou ta erga oti onoma eceiV oti zhV kai nekroV ei

TextRec) Revelation 3:1 kai tw aggelw thV en sardesin ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o ecwn ta **** pneumata tou qeou kai touV epta asteraV oida sou ta erga oti to onoma eceiV oti zhV kai nekroV ei

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
2 Be becoming watching, and stand-fast! the rests who were about to be dying. For not I have found of thee the* works having been filled before the GOD of Me* [# 1127 used in Matt 24 and Luke 13 of Olivet Discourse]

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:2 ginou grhgorwn kai sthrison ta loipa a emelleV apoballein ou gar eurhka sou ta erga peplhrwmena enwpion tou qeou mou

Matt 24:42 "Be watching then, that not ye have perceived the-which hour the Lord of ye is coming.
43 "That yet be knowing, that if perceived the home-owner the which watch the thief is coming, he watches ever, and not ever leaves to be dug thru the house of him.

1127. gregoreuo from 1453; to keep awake, i.e. watch (literally or figuratively):--be vigilant, wake, (be) watch(-ful).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3 Be-remembering then! how thou have obtained, and hear and be keeping! and reform! If ever then no thou should be watching, I shall be arriving as thief, and not no thou shall be knowing which hour I shall be arriving upon thee

TexRec) Revelation 3:3 mnhmoneue oun pwV eilhfaV kai hkousaV kai threi kai metanohson ean oun mh grhgorhshV hxw epi se wV klepthV kai ou mh gnwV poian wran hxw epi se

mnhmoneue <3421> (5720) This form of "remember" used in 2 Timothy 2:8

3421. mnemoneuo from a derivative of 3420; to exercise memory, i.e. recollect; by implication, to punish; also to rehearse:--make mention; be mindful, remember.
3420. mneme mnay'-may from 3403; memory:--remembrance.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
4 But thou are having few names in Sardis which not defiled/tainted the garments of them, and they shall be about-walking with me in whites, that worthy they are

W-H) Revelation 3:4 alla eceiV oliga onomata en sardesin a ouk emolunan ta imatia autwn kai peripathsousin met emou en leukoiV oti axioi eisin

emolunan <3435> (5656) Used also in Reve 14:4

3435. moluno mol-oo'-no probably from 3189; to soil (figuratively):--defile.
3436. molusmos mol-oos-mos' from 3435; a stain; i.e. (figuratively) immorality:--filthiness.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
5 The one conquering thus shall be being about-cast in garments, white. And not no I shall be out-rubbing the name of him out of the Scroll of the Life. And I shall be avowing the name of him before the Father of Me, and before the messengers of Him.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:5 o nikwn outoV peribaleitai en imatioiV leukoiV kai ou mh exaleiyw to onoma autou ek thV biblou thV zwhV kai omologhsw to onoma autou enwpion tou patroV mou kai enwpion twn aggelwn autou

1813 exaleipho {ex-al-i'-fo} from 1537 and 218;; v
AV - blot out 3, wipe away 2; 5
1) to anoint or wash in every part 1a) to besmear: i.e. cover with lime (to whitewash or plaster) 2) to wipe off, wipe away 2a) to obliterate, erase, wipe out, blot out
1537. ek ek or ex ex a primary preposition denoting origin
218. aleipho al-i'-fo from 1 (as particle of union) and the base of 3045; to oil (with perfume):--anoint.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
6 The one having ear, let him hear! any-what the Spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:6 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
7 And to the messenger of the in Philadelphia Out-Called write! Now-this is saying the Holy, the True, the One-having the Key/Locker of [the] David, the one-opening and no-one shall be locking, and locking and no one is opening.

W-H) Revelation 3:7 kai tw aggelw thV en filadelfeia ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o agioV o alhqinoV o ecwn thn klein *** dauid o anoigwn kai oudeiV kleisei kai kleiwn kai oudeiV anoigei

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
8 I have seen of thee the works-- Behold! I have given before of-thee a door having been opened, which no one is able to lock her, that little thou are having power, and thou keep of Me the Word, and not disown/deny the name of Me.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:8 oida sou ta erga idou dedwka enwpion sou quran anewgmenhn hn oudeiV dunatai kleisai authn oti mikran eceiV dunamin kai ethrhsaV mou ton logon kai ouk hrnhsw to onoma mou

This form of the greek word used only here and in Reve 2:3 and is uncannily similar to the word used for "lamb-kin" in Revelation.

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

720. arneomai ar-neh'-om-ahee perhaps from 1 (as a negative particle) and the middle voice of 4483; to contradict, i.e. disavow, reject, abnegate:--deny, refuse.
721. arnion ar-nee'-on diminutive from 704; a lambkin:--lamb.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
9 Behold! I-am-giving out of the Synagogue of the Satan, of the ones saying them-selves Judeans to be and not they are, but are falsifying. Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving, and they shall be worshipping before to-the feet of thee, and may be knowing that I love thee.

TexRec) Revelation 3:9 idou didwmi ek thV sunagwghV tou satana twn legontwn eautouV ioudaiouV einai kai ouk eisin alla yeudontai idou poihsw autouV ina hxwsin kai proskunhswsin enwpion twn podwn sou kai gnwsin oti egw hgaphsa se

4864. sunagoge soon-ag-o-gay' from (the reduplicated form of) 4863; an assemblage of persons; specially, a Jewish "synagogue" (the meeting or the place); by analogy, a Christian church:--assembly, congregation, synagogue.

4862. sun soon a primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than 3326 or 3844), i.e. by association, companionship,

1136. Gog gogue ; Gog, a symbolic name for some future Antichrist:--Gog.

4863. sunago soon-ag'-o from 4862 and 71; to lead together, i.e.

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=47000742#post47000742

Reactions: Chickapee
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
10 That thou keep the Word of the endurance of Me, I-also thee shall be keeping out of the Hour of the trial, of the one being about to be coming upon of the being-homed, whole, to try the ones down-homing upon the land.

TexRec) Revelation 3:10 oti ethrhsaV ton logon thV upomonhV mou kagw se thrhsw ek thV wraV tou peirasmou thV melloushV ercesqai epi thV oiko-umenhV olhV peirasai touV kat-oikountaV epi thV ghV

3625. oikoumene feminine participle present passive of 3611 (as noun, by implication, of 1093); land, i.e. the (terrene part of the) globe; specially, the Roman empire:--earth, world.
3611. oikeo oy-keh'-o from 3624; to occupy a house, i.e. reside (figuratively, inhabit, remain, inhere); by implication, to cohabit:--dwell. See also 3625.
3611. oikeo oy-keh'-o from 3624; to occupy a house, i.e. reside (figuratively, inhabit, remain, inhere); by implication, to cohabit:--dwell. See also 3625.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
11 [behold] I am coming swiftly, be thou holding-fast! which thou are having, that no-one may taking/getting the crown of thee.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:11 ercomai tacu kratei o eceiV ina mhdeiV labh ton stefanon sou

2902. krateo krat-eh'-o from 2904; to use strength, i.e. seize or retain (literally or figuratively):--hold (by, fast), keep, lay hand (hold) on, obtain, retain, take (by).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
12 The one conquering I will be making him a pillar in the sanctuary of the GOD of Me. And out-side not no he may be coming out still, and I shall be writing on him the name of the GOD of Me and the name of the city of the GOD of Me of the New Jerusalem, the one descending out of the heaven from the GOD of Me and the name of Me, the new-one.

TexRec) Revelation 3:12 o nikwn poihsw auton stulon en tw naw tou qeou mou kai exw ou mh exelqh eti kai grayw ep auton to onoma tou qeou mou kai to onoma thV polewV tou qeou mou thV kainhV ierousalhm h katabainousa ek tou ouranou apo tou qeou mou kai to onoma mou to kainon

Only 3 verses show with the 2 words "new and name". Here are 2 of them:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Isaiah 62:2 And nations see thy righteousness, and all of kings thy glory. And he is called to thee a name, new, which mouth of YHWH shall specify him.

Isaiah 66:22 That as which the heavens, new ones, and the land, the new, which I making/do, ones standing to faces of Me, declaration of YHWH, so seed of ye shall stand and name of ye

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
13 The one-having ear let him hear! any-what the spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:13 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV

Matt 10:27 Which I am saying to ye in the darkness, say ye! in the light. And which into the ear/ouV <3775> ye are hearing/akouete <191> (5719), proclaim ye! on the housetops

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
14 And to the messenger of the in Laodicean/s Out-Called write! Now-this is saying the Amen, the Witness, the Faithful and True. The beginning of the creation of the GOD.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:14 kai tw aggelw thV en laodikeia ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o amhn o martuV o pistoV kai alhqinoV h arch thV ktisewV tou qeou

Romans 8:19 For the premonition of the creation of the un-covering of the sons of the GOD is awaiting

(Textus Rec.) Romans 8:19 h gar apokaradokia thV ktisewV thn apo-kaluyin twn uiwn tou qeou apekdecetai

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This particular greek word used only in Reve 3:15, 16 and in Matt 10:42. Not sure of the exact translation of it.

15 I have seen of thee the works, that neither cold thou are, neither boiling/zealous. Would that cold thou were or boiling/zealous.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:15 oida sou ta erga oti oute yucroV ei oute zestoV ofelon yucroV hV h zestoV

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall be giving to drink one of the little ones, these, a drink-cup of cold-water/yucrou <5593> only into name of a-disciple, Amen I am saying to ye, not no he should be losing his wages!

Textus Rec.) Matthew 10:42 kai oV ean potish ena twn mikrwn toutwn pothrion yucrou monon eiV onoma maqhtou amhn legw umin ou mh apolesh ton misqon autou

5593. psuchros psoo-chros' from 5592; chilly (literally or figuratively):--cold.
5592. psuchos psoo'-khos from 5594; coolness:--cold.
5594. psucho psoo'-kho a primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from 4154, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of 109, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication, of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively):--wax cold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not really sure about the greek translation of this word in bold. It is different than the one used in 2 Peter 2:22 though it could be a contraction of it.

16 thus that tepid thou are, and neither boiling/zealous, neither cold, I am being about thee to spew out of the mouth of Me.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:16 outwV oti cliaroV ei kai ou zestoV oute yucroV mellw se emesai ek tou stomatoV mou

1692. emeo em-eh'-o of uncertain affinity; to vomit:--(will) spue.

1691. eme em-eh' a prolonged form of 3165; me:--I, me, my(-self).

3165. me meh a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.

2 Peter 2:22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit/out-gush/ex-erama <1829>," [provb 26:11]

1829. exerama ex-er'-am-ah from a comparative of 1537 and a presumed erao (to spue); vomit, i.e. food disgorged:--vomit.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
17 That thou-are-saying that rich I-am, and have become rich and not-yet-one need I am having. And not have seen that thou are the wretched and forlorn and poor and blind and naked.

TexRec.) Revelation 3:17 oti legeiV oti plousioV eimi kai peplouthka kai oudenoV creian ecw kai ouk oidaV oti su ei o talaipwroV kai eleeinoV kai ptwcoV kai tufloV kai gumnoV

Rotherham) 1 Corinthians 15:19 If, in this life, in Christ, we have hoped--and that is all, we are, of all men, most to be pitied/eleeinoteroi <1652>.

1652. eleeinos el-eh-i-nos' from 1656; pitiable:--miserable.
1653. eleeo el-eh-eh'-o from 1656; to compassionate (by word or deed, specially, by divine grace):--have compassion (pity on), have (obtain, receive, shew) mercy (on).
1655. eleemon el-eh-ay'-mone from 1653; compassionate (actively):--merciful.
1656. eleos el'-eh-os of uncertain affinity; compassion (human or divine, especially active):--(+ tender) mercy.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2854 used only in this one place

18 I am together-advising to thee to purchase beside of Me gold having be fired out of fire, that thou should be being rich, and garments, white, that thou may be being about-cast/clothed and no may be made manifest the vileness of the nakedness of thee, and eye-salve to annoint the eyes of thee that thou may be beholding.

TextRec) Revelation 3:18 sumbouleuw soi agorasai par emou crusion pepurwmenon ek puroV ina plouthshV kai imatia leuka ina peribalh kai mh fanerwqh h aiscunh thV gumnothtoV sou kai kollourion egcrison touV ofqalmouV sou ina blephV

2854. kollourion kol-loo'-ree-on neuter of a presumed derivative of kollura (a cake; prob akin to the base of 2853); properly, a poultice (as made of or in the form of crackers), i.e. (by analogy) a plaster:-- eyesalve.
2853. kollao kol-lah'-o from kolla ("glue"); to glue, i.e. (passively or reflexively) to stick (figuratively):--cleave, join (self), keep company.
2855. kollubistes kol-loo-bis-tace' from a presumed derivative of kollubos (a small coin; probably akin to 2854); a coin-dealer:--(money-)changer.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
19 I as many as if ever may be being fond of I am exposing/reproving and am disciplining. Be thou boiling/zealous! then and reform!

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:19 egw osouV ean filw elegcw kai paideuw zhlwson oun kai metanohson

1651. elegcho el-eng'-kho of uncertain affinity; to confute, admonish:--convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove. AV — reprove 6, rebuke 5, convince 4, tell (one's) fault 1, convict 1

1650. elegchos el'-eng-khos from 1651; proof, conviction:--evidence, reproof.
1649. elegxis el'-eng-xis from 1651; refutation, i.e. reproof:--rebuke.

Young LT) Matthew 18:15 `And if thy brother may sin against thee, go and show him his fault/elegxon <1651> (5657) between thee and him alone, if he may hear thee, thou didst gain thy brother;

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
20 Behold! I stand upon the door and I am knocking. If ever any should be hearing of the voice of Me and should be opening the door, I shall be entering toward him, and I shall be dining/supping with him, and he with Me.

ByzMaj) Revelation 3:20 idou esthka epi thn quran kai krouw ean tiV akoush thV fwnhV mou kai anoixh thn quran kai eiseleusomai proV auton kai deipnhsw met autou kai autoV met emou

This form used in Luke 22:20 and 1 Corin 11:25

Luke 22:20 In like manner also the drink-cup, after the to-dine/supper/deipnhsai <1172> (5658) saying:..........

1 Corin 11:25 In like manner also the drink cup after the to-dine/supper/deipnhsai <1172> (5658)........

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.