Revelation 10 and The Mystery of God

What is the Mystery of God in Revelation 10?

• Total voters

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
time =1 year
times =2 years
and one half of a time - 6 months

the 3.5 years =1260 days of the great tribulation against Israel and the Christians of the nations.
Thank you . I do think thats a good answer. Very kind of you

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have always pondered on this verse and I couldn't find a thread on it and so I thought I would start one.
From my understanding, the mystery appears to be our resurrection and eternal life. Iwill expound more as time goes by.
Any thoughts on this? [I mad the poll where one can have multiple answers...Thank you...........

Revelation 10 [Daniel 12]
5 The Messenger whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up His hand to heaven
6 and swore by Him who is living into the ages of the ages, Who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,
7 but in the days of the sound of the seventh Messenger, whenever He is about to be trumpeting,
is finished the Mystery of the God,
as He declared to His servants the prophets.

I believe that passage is taken from Daniel 12:

[ESV]

Daniel 12 [Revelation 10]
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream.
6 And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream,b “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?”
7 And I heard the Man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream;
he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time,
and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.
8 I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel,
for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.
Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 10:7, it has to do with Daniel 2. The mystery is of the Kingdom of God, to be set up here on earth. It goes hand in hand with the destruction of Satan and his kingdom.

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The seventh trumpet sounds right after the two witnesses ascend to heaven on day 1263.5 of the 7 years, leaving 1256.5 days in the 7 years, which the bible in Revelation calls 42 months.

The ten kings, the ten toes of the feet of clay and iron - give their kingdom to the beast in Revelation 17:17 for that 42 month period. They (represented by the ten horns) have their crowns in Revelation 13:1, to rule with the person who will have become the beast, for 42 months.

Revelation 17:17 For God did put in their hearts to do his will, and to come to one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God should be accomplished.

The seventh trumpet sounding is the go signal to start dismantling Satan's kingdom of Mystery Babylon the great... and start taking the kingdoms of this world under the dominion of the Kingdom of God, which will be completed when Jesus returns at the end of the 42 months.

The ten kings give their kingdom to the beast, just before the two witnesses are killed, so in the days of those ten kings "ruling with the beast", God will set up the Kingdom of God here on earth, that will never be destroyed and will be over all other kingdoms.

Which it is so critical to watch for the formation of the ten leader form of government for the EU with one leader over them.

We are that close, to when Gog/Magog takes place shortly after. And then the little horn person becoming the Antichrist. Then around 3 years 3 months later becoming the revealed man of sin. Then very shortly after, becoming beast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
While working on the Olivet Discourse on another thread, I found these 3 verses.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/matthew-24-mark-13-and-luke-21-harmonized.8076438/page-4

Mark and Luke both use the exact form of the greek word #3195, which is used in only 1 other verse of the NT, Revelation 10:7

3195. mello a strengthened form of 3199 (through the idea of expectation); to intend, i.e. be about to be, do, or suffer something (of persons or things, especially events; in the sense of purpose, duty, necessity, probability, possibility, or hesitation):-

Mark 13
3 and of sitting of Him into the Mount of the Olives facing the Temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew inquired of Him privately 4 Tell us! when? shall these be and what? the sign<4592>
whenever may be being about/μέλλῃ<3195> these.

Luke 21
7 Yet they inquire<1905> of Him, saying, “Teacher! when? then shall these be, and what? the sign<4592>
whenever may be being about/μέλλῃ<3195> these to becoming?

This is just mind blowing to me..............

Revelation 10:
5 The Messenger whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up His hand to heaven
6 and swore by Him who is living into the ages of the ages, Who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,
7 but in the days of the sound of the seventh Messenger, whenever He may being about/μέλλῃ<3195> to be trumpeting,

is finished the Mystery of the God, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

If the 2Ws were meaning two literal people, where I myself tend to think not, but if they were though, one possibility is that John might be one of the 2Ws. Don't they prophesy in chapter 11?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, "THEY" prophesy after John eats the little book and then measures th etemple in 11:1-2.

But whether or not the 2 Ws are people, I dunno, but at 11:3 the narrative changes from what John is doing -- to a third person reference about the two witnesses -- all of a sudden it's THEY do this, nobody better hurt THEM, etc

Rev 11:3
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe the mystery is the fulfillment of the fall feast ...

Who really knows how the fall feast will be fulfilled?...
Perhaps the Jews would know?

Upvote 0