Revelation 10 and The Mystery of God

What is the Mystery of God in Revelation 10?

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have always pondered on this verse and I couldn't find a thread on it and so I thought I would start one.
From my understanding, the mystery appears to be our resurrection and eternal life. Iwill expound more as time goes by.
Any thoughts on this? [I mad the poll where one can have multiple answers...Thank you...........

Revelation 10 [Daniel 12]
5 The Messenger whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up His hand to heaven
6 and swore by Him who is living into the ages of the ages, Who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,
7 but in the days of the sound of the seventh Messenger, whenever He is about to be trumpeting,
is finished the Mystery of the God,
as He declared to His servants the prophets.

I believe that passage is taken from Daniel 12:

[ESV]

Daniel 12 [Revelation 10]
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream.
6 And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream,b “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?”
7 And I heard the Man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream;
he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time,
and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.
8 I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel,
for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is a key to know that this part of Revelation has been scrambled around - made into hidden - obscure parts.
John had to jumble what he had seen and heard as to visions.
Hey vin. It appears so......as far as I know, this topic is not discussed much though it is at the 7th trumpet when it is finished.
I will try to attempt to do some harmonizing as this thread goes along.

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The verses following in Daniel are
Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked shall continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.
Daniel 12:13
But you, go your way, and rest; you shall rise for your reward at the end of the days.”

Sounds like the mystery revealed might be the day of the Lord’s giving of rewards? My KJV reference bible points to Revelation 11:15 (kingdoms of the world becoming kingdom of Christ} which lines up with Daniel’s reference to the same.

Dakes says “This coming of Christ to stand upon the earth and sea does not prove His formal possession of the earth at this time. This will not take place till 3 1/2 yrs later. Revelation 19:11-21, Daniel 7:13-14, Zechariah 14”

New American Standard bible points to Amos 3:7, Romans 16:25
Amos 3:7 Nrsv
Surely the Lord God does nothing,
without revealing his secret
to his servants the prophets.
Romans 16:25
Now to God who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rev 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Some say this is a watershed point in Revelation, and that THOU MUST PROPHESY AGAIN means a starting over, a re-hashing of earlier stuff in Revelation. I have never got deep into it, but it may relate to what yall are talking about

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is a key to know that this part of Revelation has been scrambled around - made into hidden - obscure parts.
John had to jumble what he had seen and heard as to visions.
Any reference for that claim? Just because you can't understand doesn't mean it's not understandable.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
is finished/ἐτελέσθη<5055> the Mystery of the God,

5055. teleo tel-eh'-o from 5056; to end, i.e. complete, execute, conclude, discharge (a debt):--accomplish, make an end, expire, fill up, finish, go over, pay, perform.
Strong's Number G5055 matches the Greek τελέω (teleō),which occurs 30 times in 26 verses

Using a greek interlinear, the same exact form of the greek word #1055 is also used in 1 other verse, Rev 15:1

Revelation 10:
7 but in the days of the sound of the seventh Messenger, whenever He is about to be trumpeting,
is finished/ἐτελέσθη<5055> the Mystery of the God,

as He declared to His servants the prophets.

Revelation 15:
1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous,

seven Messengers with seven last plagues,
that in them the fury<2372> of the God is finished/ἐτελέσθη<5055>.

John uses #5055 when Jesus died on the Cross:

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, "it has been finished!"/τετέλεσται<5055>
and He bowed His head, and gave up the spirit.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Some say this is a watershed point in Revelation, and that THOU MUST PROPHESY AGAIN means a starting over, a re-hashing of earlier stuff in Revelation. I have never got deep into it, but it may relate to what yall are talking about
Ya I haven't either but always thought that chap 11 was complete and the rehash began in 12. Reason that it sounded right to me was simply because Genesis kinda follows that same pattern.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is right after that verse in 10:11 (no, eastcoastremnant, I am not addressing your questionnow) - anyway - did you ever notice that after it is said THOU MUST PROPHESY AGAIN; that we get a flurry of referneces to a three-and-a-half year period -- 42 months, a time, times, and half a time, a tring of days that roughly equal 3 1/2 years and even the two witnesses lie for 3 1/2 days

There is only this 3 1/2 year period in Revelation -- I don't see where there are two periods put together for a 7 year trib as the pretribbers (and post-tribbers say)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Some say this is a watershed point in Revelation, and that THOU MUST PROPHESY AGAIN means a starting over, a re-hashing of earlier stuff in Revelation. I have never got deep into it, but it may relate to what y'all are talking about
I have never delved into it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is just so awesome!!!!!

Revelation 10 [Daniel 12]
5 The Messenger whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up His hand to heaven
6 and swore by Him who is living into the ages of the ages, Who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,

Daniel 12:
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream.
6 And one said to the Man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream,b “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?”

7 And I heard the Man clothed in linen, Who was above the waters of the stream;
He raised His right hand and His left hand toward heaven and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time,

Who are the holy people in vs 7?

and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nations in this verse doesn't have to necessarily mean "gentiles" but also the separate nations of Judah and Israel.....?

Colo 1:
26 The Mystery having been hid from the ages and from the generations now yet was made manifest to the holy-ones of Him.
27 To-whom wills, the GOD, to make known any the riches of the glory of the Mystery, this, in the Nations, which is Christ in ye the hope of glory.

Ezekiel 37:22
And I make them One Nation in land, in mountains of Israel.
And a one King shall become for all of them to a-King:
and not they shall be further two Nations,
and not they shall be divided further two Kingdoms further

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I selected Christ in us, the resurrection and eternal life in your survey because they are all part of the same plan of salvation.

Colossians 1:25-27
25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 2:1-3
2My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Colossians 4:3
And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.

1 Timothy 3:16
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

Ephesians 3:2-6
2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations [races/nations] as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Even Enoch spoke of this mystery.

Enoch 103:1-4

I know a mystery
And have read the heavenly tablets,
And have seen the holy books,
And have found written therein and inscribed regarding them:

3That all goodness and joy and glory are prepared for them,
And written down for the spirits of those who have died in righteousness,
And that manifold good shall be given to you in recompense for your labours,
And that your lot is abundantly beyond the lot of the living.

4And the spirits of you who have died in righteousness shall live and rejoice,
And their spirits shall not perish, nor their memorial from before the face of the Great One

The heavenly tablets he is speaking of contain the salvation plan for mankind, which is Jesus Christ in the flesh.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always pondered on this verse ....
The verses that I've pondered is if the earth is travailing in birth pangs what is it giving birth to? A new little earth? :scratch:

Upvote 0