Request for my kitty and me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you so much lonewolf, Lycana, mycatspice, Poohbear, Tanyalita, and nerdypants for your prayers and understanding. :hug:

Spice, I’m sorry about your cat’s illness, and I hope your ‘baby’ is getting well. :hug:

Tanya, I’m terribly sorry about your kitten’s stroke; did she survive? :hug:
My dad just had a stroke, and is recovering.

Thanks again everyone. After these posts of your personal experiences, I almost feel guilty. Lucy is getting just ‘fixed’, and while some people say it’s no big deal, any surgery is a risk, of course, plus she was weak and dying when I found her, and she is still SO tiny and fragile to me. She is so sweet I’d hate to lose her. (For Lucy... :pray: ).

I just pulled up her food and water, and we are getting ready to play, then we’ll go to bed. I’m supposed to pick her up tomorrow afternoon, so I will check back in to the CF just to post here, and let you know how she is.

If anyone has any advice concerning recovery, or what I can expect if all goes well, please feel free to let me know. Again, I appreciate your support. :bow:

God bless, :pray:
DD

Upvote 0

Poohbear246

Feb 17, 2005
✟1,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey! It's ok to be worried -- I was a wreck! She may be very woozy coming out of anesthetic and will have an Elizabethan collar. My cat was so out of it that when I put her on the bed to be comfy, she couldn't even hold her head up and it flopped down onto the covers. The collar will be on for -- I *think* 10 days. She'll scratch at it, it will drive her nuts, and she'll have to figure out creative ways to eat out of her bowl. Bonnie realized that she could push her bowl around for better positioning with the collar. 2 1/2 years later she does it as a matter of course. When she eats, she migrates all over the kitchen! :D

We had to use Yesterday's News for litter (crumpled up newspaper litter that the vet gives you). She refused to use it and used the floor instead. there's not much you can do about that, I guess, if your cat doesn't take it to it because you can't use regular litter for a while.

Good luck! She'll need lots of TLC!!!! :D

Upvote 0

joerose

Feb 13, 2005
California
✟689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have already prayed for your Lucy and will keep praying for her. I had my cats, T.C. and Elizabeth spayed last summer and was just like you, really worried. They both did great and were running around like crazy within the week. The one thing they did do after they got spayed was gain a lot of weight. They used to be kind of thin....not anymore! Your girl will be okay!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mycatspice

Love God, love others.
Jan 18, 2005
United States of America
✟19,397.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
devoted daughter said:
Spice, I’m sorry about your cat’s illness, and I hope your ‘baby’ is getting well. :hug:

DD

Well, Spice is on "borrowed time" right now as my dad reminds me when I notice when my kitty's looking sickly (Kidney damage is irreversable :(). Frankly, it's surprising she has lasted this long! So I give God more praise than prayer. :D I'll keep your kitty in my prayers as well! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

mycatspice

Love God, love others.
Jan 18, 2005
United States of America
✟19,397.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's apparently not that uncommon for female cats (like Spice), and it can be caused by a variety of things but I think that there was something in her water that caused it (it was always fresh, but now it's even fresher nowadays!). Symptoms include lack of urinating and lack of mobility (biggest indicators) ... Lately, she has not been able to keep food down for the past couple days, but she is still active, (thankfully) so we are just keeping an eye on her. :) Thanks for your concern but don't worry! She's a real trooper! :cool: God bless! :D

Upvote 0

Poohbear246

Feb 17, 2005
✟1,702.00
Faith
Catholic
I am praying for your kitty! If I may ask, how long was she not being able to keep food down before the vet realized what it was? Mine has had the same problem, and she is also still very active. The vet first said food allergies and then during a follow up "probably just hairballs." They gave her a special veterinary brand of food and she hasn't thrown up for the past 3 days, which is an improvement.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.