Pray for Christians after Coup. Illustrated Bible changes life. Young evangelist undaunted.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Feb. 29, 2024 | Niger​

Pray for Christians Following Coup

[13] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Nigerien Christians.
    The Christian community in Niger faces increased pressure since the government was overthrown in July, 2023.
    Armed terrorists, often connected to the self-proclaimed Islamic State (ISIS), have ravaged parts of Niger, particularly in the west near its borders with Mali and Burkina Faso. Much of the country's small Christian population has been displaced in the violence: "Many have seen their parents or family members shot and killed," a front-line worker said. Additionally, after Niger's president was overthrown by military officers in a July 2023 coup, the Islamic Council of Niger has been pushing to change the country from a secular democracy into an Islamic republic governed by sharia law. Read More.
  • Feb. 29, 2024 | Iran​

Illustrated Bible Changes Woman's Life

[11] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Darya.
    The illustrated Action Bible is popular with children and adults in Iran.
    Darya was depressed and scared. Her much older husband had suddenly died of a stroke, and her 8-year-old son had become angry and violent. "I consulted with different psychologists about my son's behavior, but nothing improved," Darya said. "Once in the middle of the night my son came into my room with a knife in his hand. I was so afraid that I didn't sleep at all that night, and I just kept trying to calm my son down." The next day she told a friend what had happened. That friend was a Christian who prayed for her and gave her an illustrated Action Bible to give to her son. When Darya went home, she started to read the Gospels. Read More.
  • Feb. 29, 2024 | Bhutan​

Young Evangelist Undaunted by Barriers

[10] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Narmith.
    Bhutan's king identifies himself as the defender of the Buddhist faith, and government policies are designed to discourage and silence Christian witness.
    Narmith, a new Christian in a discipleship program in Bhutan, has been growing in her faith and has had many opportunities to practice sharing her testimony and the gospel with others. Recently, she met two women with severe hearing impairments. She spent the entire afternoon with them, explaining through improvised hand signs how much Jesus loves them before praying for them. One woman was moved to tears after the prayer and conversation. Read More.