Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where do you think 300 million people's aid, food, cloths etc are going to come from? How long can utilities and power run for free?
We must get back to work sooner rather than later, although everyone agrees this is not that time, and any timelines suggested so far are aspirational.

as·pi·ra·tion
a hope or ambition of achieving something.

as·pi·ra·tion·al
having or characterized by aspirations to achieve social prestige and material success

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then americans will die by the millions, but hey that ecnomy huh? I mean not like americans are good at doing the smart or right thing, it's all about rights and freedoms at the expense of humanity and lives.

I do not believe that. I also do not believe Americans are stupid. Go put your collar on and hope the government returns to feed you. The same government that didn't even want to pass a relief package without getting something first is what you want to rely on? Have at it.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We must get back to work sooner rather than later, although everyone agrees this is not that time, and any timelines suggested so far are aspirational.

Im pretty sure it's going to be 15 days as 'suggested'.

• Informative
Reactions: Need answers
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No kidding... which brings us right back to my original point: one's own responsibility for one's own actions and preventive measures taken. Personal accountability, and self discipline is what is going to save your life.
You just don't get it do you. Your approach is highly reckless, selfish, and profoundly unrealistic.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a really tough call. On one hand, next few weeks of a worldwide lockdown like this, and the economy would really go kaput. On the other hand, we might have to keep these social distancing measures in place until an effective non-supportive treatment or vaccine can be established. That could realistically take months, if not at least a year. However, if our economy goes even worse, that means the governments, pharmaceuticals, and medical industries will have even less economic resources to combat the virus.
I may be 25 and have no known medical issues. But, what really concerns me and I am aware of, is that if the regular flu strains have killed healthy teens and young adults who have had no pre-exsisting health conditions, like these
16-year-old girl dies after contracting the flu
Then the COVID-19 coronavirus, can do it and has done so. I would not be surprised to see more tragic cases of young vibrant lives cut short like this, except that COVID-19 was the culprit, especially in the coming days ahead. And there would be a lot young lives cut by COVID-19 if the restrictions and social distancing get lifted too much in too little time. We are most likely not in the peak yet.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/relax...n-too-soon-will-fuel-second-wave-study-warns/
Even though, it's true that most people who get critically ill or die from COVID-19 are elderly or those with pre-exsiting health conditions, like asthma, regardless of age, I was always aware that healthy young people with no pre-exsiting conditions can and would fall critically ill or die from COVID-19, even a few months before I heard the news of 2 17-year olds who just died from COVID-19 in the US.
We should lift social distancing measures gradually.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You just don't get it do you. Your approach is highly reckless, selfish, and profoundly unrealistic.

I do not agree with you. The CDC does not call it reckless to maintain good hygiene, practice correct precautionary measures, and for someone to adopt social distancing, or not being in a group of more than 10 individuals when applicable. There are rules to follow, and when followed, one can mitigate if not negate the risk.

My brother is FHP. My mom works for Hernando Pasco Hospice. One of my nephews is also FHP, and the other is Hillsborough County Police. My wife works in 7/11. My son in law is in the military, Fort drum NY as matter of fact. All of whom have been deemed essential, and go out into the world every day. The entirety of my family is exposed daily. We as a family have had to adopt precautions just to survive our loved ones daily occupations.

The problem with your stance is it is short sighted, and rooted in the fear of your own personal safety. You do not want to remain in your home, as well as everyone else, because they might get sick. You don't want to get sick. I do not believe it is appropriate to shutdown the entire country for you sense of wellbeing. The country has to move on from this, and for that to happen there will always be those who are exposed to risk. And some of those people out there are going to die. Some of the people locked up in their homes are going to die. That is what happens in a pandemic. People die. Others live, and continue on.

Yes, I know it can get scary at times but, this is the situation in which we currently find ourselves. There is no hiding from it. It doesn't go away. We are going to have to live with this virus in subsequent seasons, and new strains. From everything I have read this will become a permanent seasonal virus. Not any differnt from the common cold or the flu. One way or another, people are going to have to learn to live with this virus in their daily lives.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not agree with you. The CDC does not call it reckless to maintain good hygiene, practice correct precautionary measures, and for someone to adopt social distancing, or not being in a group of more than 10 individuals when applicable. There are rules to follow, and when followed, one can mitigate if not negate the risk.

My brother is FHP. My mom works for Hernando Pasco Hospice. One of my nephews is also FHP, and the other is Hillsborough County Police. My wife works in 7/11. My son in law is in the military, Fort drum NY as matter of fact. All of whom have been deemed essential, and go out into the world every day. The entirety of my family is exposed daily. We as a family have had to adopt precautions just to survive our loved ones daily occupations.

The problem with your stance is it is short sighted, and rooted in the fear of your own personal safety. You do not want to remain in your home, as well as everyone else, because they might get sick. You don't want to get sick. I do not believe it is appropriate to shutdown the entire country for you sense of wellbeing. The country has to move on from this, and for that to happen there will always be those who are exposed to risk. And some of those people out there are going to die. Some of the people locked up in their homes are going to die. That is what happens in a pandemic. People die. Others live, and continue on.

Yes, I know it can get scary at times but, this is the situation in which we currently find ourselves. There is no hiding from it. It doesn't go away. We are going to have to live with this virus in subsequent seasons, and new strains. From everything I have read this will become a permanent seasonal virus. Not any differnt from the common cold or the flu. One way or another, people are going to have to learn to live with this virus in their daily lives.

again who is hiding from it? You seem to once again missunderstand whats going on. This isn't about NOT getting sick, it's about avoiding getting sick at a rate that is dangerous.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
again who is hiding from it? You seem to once again missunderstand whats going on. This isn't about NOT getting sick, it's about avoiding getting sick at a rate that is dangerous.

You cannot shut down the country. Someone, is always going to be out there. I myself am on this quarantine as directed, and following the rules, yet I am directly exposed daily because my wife is exposed. My son is exposed. There are always going to be those who are deemed essential exposing those who are not. You cannot contain this thing. You have to learn to work, live, maintain daily life within it's boundaries.

Laziness, on the part of believing you are safe due to quarantine is going to lead to a new outbreak once the quarantine is lifted, because the virus is still there. It is not going anywhere. It is still out there the same day you are allowed back out. What you seem to not understand is me advocating adopting correct behaviors, and precautions one can take to not contract the virus. And to not spread the virus. That is the only course of action that will slow the spread of this virus.

You need the mentality of recognizing you live amongst this deadly virus. You need to take both the care, and the responsibility to act accordingly during this pandemic even if you are tucked away in your own home. Being lax in your home will cause you to be lax outside of it.

Stop touching your face. Make a concentrated effort to not touch your face. Make it a habit. Wear a scarf as a mental note if needed. Get into cleaning everything you touch, even if only you touch it. Wash your hands before and after any task. Then once you get into a habit you will be fine. I don't even touch my wife until she has showered after work. We do not kiss or get intimate either. She is in contact with hundreds of people a day. These are actions that will stop both the spread, and contraction of this virus regardless if you are in isolation, or out and about.

BUT, if you do not learn to adhere to these principles, you will be spreading and/or contracting this thing. It doesn't matter where you are at. What matters is you doing due diligence on your part to stop from spreading what you may have, and doing everything possible to keep from catching what others might have.

You cannot even argue the logic. What I am stating is not rash or unsensible.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You cannot shut down the country. Someone, is always going to be out there. I myself am on this quarantine as directed, and following the rules, yet I am directly exposed daily because my wife is exposed. My son is exposed. There are always going to be those who are deemed essential exposing those who are not. You cannot contain this thing. You have to learn to work, live, maintain daily life within it's boundaries.

Laziness, on the part of believing you are safe due to quarantine is going to lead to a new outbreak once the quarantine is lifted, because the virus is still there. It is not going anywhere. It is still out there the same day you are allowed back out. What you seem to not understand is me advocating adopting correct behaviors, and precautions one can take to not contract the virus. And to not spread the virus. That is the only course of action that will slow the spread of this virus.

You need the mentality of recognizing you live amongst this deadly virus. You need to take both the care, and the responsibility to act accordingly during this pandemic even if you are tucked away in your own home. Being lax in your home will cause you to be lax outside of it.

Stop touching your face. Make a concentrated effort to not touch your face. Make it a habit. Wear a scarf as a mental note if needed. Get into cleaning everything you touch, even if only you touch it. Wash your hands before and after any task. Then once you get into a habit you will be fine. I don't even touch my wife until she has showered after work. We do not kiss or get intimate either. She is in contact with hundreds of people a day. These are actions that will stop both the spread, and contraction of this virus regardless if you are in isolation, or out and about.

BUT, if you do not learn to adhere to these principles, you will be spreading and/or contracting this thing. It doesn't matter where you are at. What matters is you doing due diligence on your part to stop from spreading what you may have, and doing everything possible to keep from catching what others might have.

You cannot even argue the logic. What I am stating is not rash or unsensible.

Stop talking like you have a clue on the virus, again t's NOT get that NOT about hiding, were all most likly going to get the disease, it's about controlling how many people get sick so you don't have people dieing from last of hospital room. The amount of people that will get infected isn't going to change, it's the amount of people that will die that changes, get a clue seriously your just not getting the reality of this situation.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stop talking like you have a clue on the virus, again t's NOT get that NOT about hiding, were all most likly going to get the disease, it's about controlling how many people get sick so you don't have people dieing from last of hospital room. The amount of people that will get infected isn't going to change, it's the amount of people that will die that changes, get a clue seriously your just not getting the reality of this situation.

How is this confusing to you? How do you not understand what I am saying?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you seem to think about the shutdown is about hiding away afraid of catching the disease for ever. That were all hiding away to avoid the disease and if we wait long enough we won't get sick which is nothing to do with the shutdown. IT'S NOT ABOUT NOT GETTING SICK FOREVER.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So we have two positions. Everyone go back to work OR everyone stay home.

Maybe a third option should be considered? Maybe the wisdom of Solomon where they were going to cut a baby in half (which they didn't do but was suggested by Solomon to bring out who the REAL mother was...1 Kings 3:16) but how about going half way with each position. Anyone 65 years of age or older stays at home and everyone younger goes back to work. Yes it can be argued that younger ones still live in homes with older ones but the older ones are encouraged to isolate themselves from the younger for a period of time?

Last edited:
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you seem to think about the shutdown is about hiding away afraid of catching the disease for ever. That were all hiding away to avoid the disease and if we wait long enough we won't get sick which is nothing to do with the shutdown. IT'S NOT ABOUT NOT GETTING SICK FOREVER.

Im saying quarantine is useless if you do not adopt the necessary precautions to keep that area free of the virus. The same practices used to keep your clean area clean, are the same practices that will mitigate the risk of contracting the virus or the spread of it in the first place.

Learn how to act responsibly concerning this virus, and you will drastically reduce or negate your risk regardless if you are in quarantine or out and about.

How is this confusing?

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
full

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im saying quarantine is useless if you do not adopt the necessary precautions to keep that area free of the virus. The same practices used to keep your clean area clean, are the same practices that will mitigate the risk of contracting the virus or the spread of it in the first place.

Learn how to act responsibly concerning this virus, and you will drastically reduce or negate your risk regardless if you are in quarantine or out and about.

How is this confusing?

your not answering the question, this isn't about how avoid being sick right now, it's how to avoid it when you expect people to go back to work. People going back to work will involve busses, trains, people crammed into small areas where everyone is near each other, people going to work sick or risk being fired, or can't afford to not work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
your not answering the question, this isn't about how avoid being sick right now, it's how to avoid it when you expect people to go back to work. People going back to work will involve busses, trains, people crammed into small areas where everyone is near each other,

Practice correct disciplines. I do not know how to break it down amy more simplistically.

Stop coming up with every imaginable reasoning and excuse, and learn how to protect yourself. Wear a shirt wrapped around your face and mouth while on the bus or train. Wash your hands. Do not touch you face.

How do you want me to break it down any simpler?

people going to work sick or risk being fired, or can't afford to not work.

Not in America. Trump passed a relief bill to pay for sick leave and time off during the outbreak.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
your not answering the question, this isn't about how avoid being sick right now, it's how to avoid it when you expect people to go back to work. People going back to work will involve busses, trains, people crammed into small areas where everyone is near each other, people going to work sick or risk being fired, or can't afford to not work.
So what about being a bit creative here. What about some type businesses work 3 days and other type businesses work the next three days rotating to cut bact the large number of people in trains, buses etc.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what about being a bit creative here. What about some type businesses work 3 days and other type businesses work the next three days rotating to cut bact the large number of people in trains, buses etc.

could work maybe, but doesn't help the office buildings and such where you have hundreds of people on a floor crammed into cublicals.

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Economists warn that keeping the U.S. closed will result in a crisis far worse than the Great Depression. But health experts warn to reopen the U.S. would expose millions of Americans to the Coronavirus.
Don't worry , it is a time for the world to see Christians are different , we have hope in Christ .It is the best time to retreat to fast and pray , time to confess our sins , time to be away from secular things , time to show kindness to the needed , best time to preach the Gospel . It is a God sent oppotunity.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is with all the psychological name calling? Why do you need to try and shame people into compliance?

Because that is how things are down by a certain side, shame people into doing things. Frankly it's a lack of imagination and no self responsibility.

Upvote 0