loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Such venom.

Quick question... how am I 'killing' all these people in the streets if they are all the 'smart ones' on self quarantine?

It would stand to reason it would only be an issue if you intend to occupy the space as well. Because if not, you are in you home not even knowing I'm out there.

were talking about you wanting the shutdown ended which would lead to most people out there or risk being fired or losing their jobs. In wich case the amount of those getting sick increases, those that have severe reactions grow, grow faster then the hospitals can handle, people can't get the health care they need and they die, just look at italy where people are dying not because of the sickness, but because they can't get the healthcare to save them.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You disallow me to get wages I can't get him formula.
Lest ye think that those of us who are, with good cause mind you, pillorying you for your reckless position, I was temporarily laid off today. Am I insisting on my right to keep my job so I can go out in public and endanger others?

No. As a responsible person, who recognizes that he is a member of a broader society, I am more than happy to hide out at home take a financial hit if it is part of a proven (see China) strategy for suppressing this virus.

If losing your job temporarily means your grandchild goes without food, that is, of course, a real problem.

But the answer is certainly not to argue that people in general have a right to go about business as usual, and that is on the rest of us to barricade ourselves in our homes!

This is obvious! No one here is agreeing with your position - should that not be a hint?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
were talking about you wanting the shutdown ended which would lead to most people out there or risk being fired or losing their jobs. In wich case the amount of those getting sick increases, those that have severe reactions grow, grow faster then the hospitals can handle, people can't get the health care they need and they die, just look at italy where people are dying not because of the sickness, but because they can't get the healthcare to save them.

You are only going to exacerbate the situation by adding starvation and the inability to care for one's family.

Where do you think 300 million people's aid, food, cloths etc are going to come from? How long can utilities and power run for free?

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are only going to exacerbate the situation by adding starvation and the inability to care for one's family.

Where do you think 300 million people's aid, food, cloths etc are going to come from? How long can utilities and power run for free?

how long do those things run with everyone sick and dying? Your very one dimensional thinking with no sense of clarity, every thing you say against the shutdown will happen without it.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are reading arguments to the effect that we should not lock things down - that careful preventive measures are enough and that we should more or less go about our business otherwise.

If this is really true, why are many advanced nations forcing non-essential businesses to close?

The answer should be obvious: it is wildly impractical to think that hundreds of millions people are able to scrupulously follow such guidelines, day in day out, for weeks on end - it is simply too much to ask of people.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lest ye think that those of us who are, with good cause mind you, pillorying you for your reckless position,

Pillorying, nice... you are attempting to ridicule an individual that intentionally misspelled his name:Lostmarbels, and has bill the cat as his avatar. Might be a 'subtle' hint I exspect ridicule for my positions.

I was temporarily laid off today. Am I insisting on my right to keep my job so I can go out in public and endanger others?

First off, you are going to be paid for the covid-19 layoff, and I am not talking about this 15 day period of which I am in favor of. We need a moment to catch up, and I get that.

The other point is, you are only endangering yourself or others if you do not practise social distancing, and other precautions as are prescribed by the CDC.

You are not causing people to die like flies, if you responsibly live your life within what the CDC recommends to keep from contacting or spreading the virus.

No. As a responsible person, who recognizes that he is a member of a broader society, I am more than happy to hide out at home take a financial hit if it is part of a proven (see China) strategy for suppressing this virus.

Why do you not get, you are well within your right to do so without imposing that on others?

If losing your job temporarily means your grandchild goes without food, that is, of course, a real problem.

That was a one time incident that my daughter got under control. But yes, it certainly does pose issues over prolonged time.

But the answer is certainly not to argue that people in general have a right to go about business as usual, and that is on the rest of us to barricade ourselves in our homes!

Then don't... I do not get this notion that what you believe should be, has to be for all. If you feel thusly, go do thusly.

This is obvious! No one here is agreeing with your position - should that not be a hint?

No. Not at all. Common sense is not always common. When people have to resort to shaming you, even resorting to calling you a murder, they have actualy realised their point can't stand on its own, and they need to silence you instead of proving their point. I'm 'supposed' to be too ashamed to go on, having been 'proven' how amoral I am. The problem for that is I do not get embarrassed over things I know to be false.

Would you like to try puppies next?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
how long do those things run with everyone sick and dying? Your very one dimensional thinking with no sense of clarity, every thing you say against the shutdown will happen without it.

Well I see many figures in the high 90 percents of most people getting this as a mild cold. Almost seasonal allergies or a common cold. It's the 2 to 5% that are in a fight for their lives. So even tho there are a gazillion cases, the vast majority are going to live. We/they need something to carry on living with.

This is not an extinction level event. Life has to be able to carry on after this.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I see many figures in the high 90 percents of most people getting this as a mild cold. Almost seasonal allergies or a common cold. It's the 2 to 5% that are in a fight for their lives. So even tho there are a gazillion cases, the vast majority are going to live. We/they need something to carry on living with.

This is not an extinction level event. Life has to be able to carry on after this.

yeah, and guess what figures show that if 20% of the us population gets the disease in a few months rather then 18 months just about all hospitals will be at their max capacity and over. just look at italy to see what your advocating for. 700 dead a day, and many dying from lack of hospital capacity.

and again how do you do social distancing when you want buisness as usual? how do you propose you keep the economy going with social distancing huh?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
and again how do you do social distancing when you want buisness as usual?

I have no idea, and have attempted to make that point several times. It's kind of hard to listen, when you are so busy trying to convince others I just want to walk around harpooning baby seals.

Nothing will be 'normal' for a very long time. Many 'things' might never return to what they were. Business as usual is pretty much out the window. Did you catch that this time? Or are you trying to figure me out in relation of hammers and puppys for the next tirade?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea, and have attempted to make that point several times. It's kind of hard to listen, when you are so busy trying to convince others I just want to walk around harpooning baby seals.

Nothing will be 'normal' for a very long time. Many 'things' might never return to what they were. Business as usual is pretty much out the window. Did you catch that this time? Or are you trying to figure me out in relation of hammers and puppys for the next tirade?

your the one that says we need to reopen, I'm not the one advocating for that, so tell us oh genius how you plan to do that while social distancing, you seem to think it's a option.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The answer should be obvious: it is wildly impractical to think that hundreds of millions people are able to scrupulously follow such guidelines, day in day out, for weeks on end - it is simply too much to ask of people.

No kidding... which brings us right back to my original point: one's own responsibility for one's own actions and preventive measures taken. Personal accountability, and self discipline is what is going to save your life.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-We cant stay shut down forever. Maybe we can implement procedures to sanitize work places, and require employees to wear protective gear. Maybe this is impractical or wouldn't work properly. Or maybe there is a better solution.

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
your the one that says we need to reopen, I'm not the one advocating for that, so tell us oh genius how you plan to do that while social distancing, you seem to think it's a option.

This is not the biggest issue mankind has ever faced. We will figure it out. Society is going to have to change for this, not end, change. As I said, things will be differnt.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not the biggest issue mankind has ever faced. We will figure it out. Society is going to have to change for this, not end, change. As I said, things will be differnt.

that we both agree with, it's just do we go the route of italy or the route that tries to keep this to managable rates.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
that we both agree with, it's just do we go the route of italy or the route that tries to keep this to managable rates.

I'm not EVEN trying to be irresponsible with this. That is what I do not think you get about me.

I have no doubt that treating this like it actually is a life or death situation can save your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not EVEN trying to be irresponsible with this. That is what I do not think you get about me.

I have no doubt that treating this like it actually is a life or death situation can save your life.

Your not trying to, but you are, your idea will kill many and hurt the economy, your beliefs about it are inrelevant. good intentions can have the most dire of consequences. were talking about people's lives here, were talking about thousands or more dying every day, right now there is 250 people dying every day in the US and it's just getting started, your idea would make that even worse, while tanking the economy also.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your not trying to, but you are, your idea will kill many and hurt the economy, your beliefs about it are inrelevant. good intentions can have the most dire of consequences. were talking about people's lives here, were talking about thousands or more dying every day, right now there is 250 people dying every day in the US and it's just getting started, your idea would make that even worse, while tanking the economy also.

Well... I hate to tell you, but we are going to find out. Because, 'this', ain't happening for long. Scream, yell... do what you feel you need to because we are not continuing down this path. Trust that.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well... I hate to tell you, but we are going to find out. Because, 'this', ain't happening for long. Scream, yell... do what you feel you need to because we are not continuing down this path. Trust that.

Then americans will die by the millions, but hey that ecnomy huh? I mean not like americans are good at doing the smart or right thing, it's all about rights and freedoms at the expense of humanity and lives.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lest ye think that those of us who are, with good cause mind you, pillorying you for your reckless position, I was temporarily laid off today. Am I insisting on my right to keep my job so I can go out in public and endanger others?

Relax, the enormous 2 trillion dollar stimulus package helps those on unemployment. I think there is some good news for you in there.

Upvote 0