Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is one take on it:

d246d54d703ef9fbc4a09e7b8cbb27ac.jpg

The Strange and Unusual Story Behind CCR’s Bad Moon Rising
Music | July 6, 2018

CIRCA 1970: Photo of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)

Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR), as you probably know is an American band who first played together as a group in 1959. They remained front and center in pop-culture music of the groovy era. CCR was epically popular throughout the late 60’s and early '70s but their music lives on. Members included John Fogerty, his brother, Tom Fogerty, Stu Cook and Doug Clifford.

8d5e4bde89cef98b7584b5868b1bad01.jpg

John Fogerty was the “front” man and primary songwriter of CCR.
CCR’s style of music consisted of Southern rock with a touch of blues. Their sound was unmistakable. Fogerty, who wrote most of the group’s songs, was the lyricist of “Bad Moon Rising,” one of their most famous songs.

Bad Moon Rising” is a fun song with a dark meaning!

c90520b5d1dd790d73a7d39184898f09.jpg

CCR’s famous “Bad Moon Rising” was a top rock song during the days of Woodstock.
“Bad Moon Rising” is a song with a lighthearted and catchy tone that is easy to sing along with. If you listen carefully to the lyrics, however, there is nothing lighthearted about them. Often we know the words and sing along without giving any thought to the message the song is sending.

5dcea8a4e531185c54287203ef3f4317.jpg

John Fogerty reportedly got his inspiration for the song from a dark movie called, “The Devil and Daniel Webster.” In the movie, a hurricane wiped out just about an entire town. The song contains the lyrics, “I feel the hurricane blowin’, I hope you’re quite prepared to die.”

The lyrics tell a gloomy story about the impending doom of an apocalypse, which is in stark contrast to the happy sounding song we have come to love.

ccf3de52cdae2f2b1d6642cc9afea9dd.jpg

“Bad Moon Rising” actually became the theme song of young demonstrators in the Berkeley, California, People’s Park riots in 1969.
On a lighter note, often the lyrics, “There’s a bad moon on the rise,” has been misheard and misunderstood to be, “There’s a bathroom on the right.” Fogerty even sang these lyrics in fun on more than one occasion to the delight of his fans.

Fogerty willingly admitted that he was aware of the contradiction between the damning song lyrics and the happy sounding music.
“Bad Moon Rising” has been used in science fiction films including “An American Werewolf in London” and the Twilight Zone: The Movie.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Seriously?

Surely we can make some type of Twilight Zonish connection there?
Yes 66.6% seriously. I mean there's a chance that could be a different block depending on the angle the picture is taken.

Either way, you cant see my room tho...:sigh:

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So the moon turned red last night.

As I watched, a nearby coyote pack began its mad wailing. Dogs across the valley started going nuts. It was spooky.

Isnt the red moon supposed to be portentous of something?
Not at all.

If it can be predicted, like this one was, it is a totally natural astronomical event.

The apocalyptic signs in the sun and moon will be totally unexpected, and seen by everyone when the planet is turned towards them.

• Agree
Reactions: Seadish
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So the moon turned red last night.

As I watched, a nearby coyote pack began its mad wailing. Dogs across the valley started going nuts. It was spooky.

Isnt the red moon supposed to be portentous of something?

The other way around. When something happened, it is a red moon.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not at all.

If it can be predicted, like this one was, it is a totally natural astronomical event.

The apocalyptic signs in the sun and moon will be totally unexpected, and seen by everyone when the planet is turned towards them.

You mean like.... a solar eclipse while there shouldn't be one?

A solar eclipse while the moon is on the other side of the planet, so there's nothing to actually block the sunlight yet it gets blocked anyway? Or is the moon's orbit messed with or something?

I'm not understanding what kind of an event you mean.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You mean like.... a solar eclipse while there shouldn't be one?

A solar eclipse while the moon is on the other side of the planet, so there's nothing to actually block the sunlight yet it gets blocked anyway? Or is the moon's orbit messed with or something?

I'm not understanding what kind of an event you mean.
It's a miracle, it's not supposed to make sense. If it made sense, it wouldn't be a miracle.

You know, like the tide. Tide goes in, tide goes out.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....I'm not understanding what kind of an event you mean.
The kind of event event that proposed to have occurred so far in the distant past that we have no ability to properly analyze it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The kind of event event that proposed to have occurred so far in the distant past that we have no ability to properly analyze it.

Like the sun suddenly "stopping" in the sky at Jericho, without it causing any apocalyptic / cataclysmic destruction and all the while all other civilizations around the world apparantly not noticing it at all.

Upvote 0