• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Recovery Prayer Request Thread

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will pray as well.

Please pray for stable moods for myself, joy, and that I can attend CR for my codependency. :)

I just emailed 4 places that are looking to rent out their rooms in an EXTREEMLY safe neighborhood, this would open up A LOT of door for me if I could live in this nice neighborhood. This is probably the safest neighborhood in my city. I BEG EVERY PERSON THAT READS THIS MESSAGE PLEASE PRAY that God will allow US to move there and to not allow the devil to hold back on my only offline friend. CAUSE I NEED to move here, I NEED this place cause there are churches in walking distance. PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prayers needed for panic/anxiety prob, thanks

Maybe you all could pray for me. It doesn't really matter what.

Please pray for me. My drinking/pill addiction and SI have gotten out of control and I need help to stop cause I just cant do it anymore :cry:

Praying over each one.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
I love this idea. I will be keeping those here in prayer!

I could use prayer myself for health issues, problems driving and deep depression...

Love to you all.

Lord God, You are the God of all mercy and comfort. We come to you on behalf of BlondieLashes in this special time of need. For the health issues, we ask that appropriate medical attention can be brought, and if needed, Blondielashes can follow through treatment. May You bring healing to her body. We ask for Your favor with regard to her battle with depression. The need is great, and You can fill that. May Your Word and Sacrament be instruments of grace to reach her in the deepest valley. Surround her with people of love, compassion, and mercy. As always, even when difficult, we entrust her to Your care; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Javanwarbler

God doesn't ever stop loving us thank God!
Sep 1, 2010
Western US
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gosh i don't know where to start, but i think having prayer that God would blast all these walls down that i;ve built up, which i know is keeping me in real, awful bondage.

I had an eating disorder and it's being an issue again,and i've never felt so much like checking out of this world! I even prayed that God would 'take me out,' bring me home. The depression has never been so debilitating making life feel so hopeless, full of disappointment and pain. I really can't function and I feel a slave to myself; my needs, desires, food cravings, etc. This is all so terrible and embarrassing and shameful. But if He doesn't, that He would break the chains of me not putting God first (i have NEVER ever really done that!)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
Gosh i don't know where to start, but i think having prayer that God would blast all these walls down that i;ve built up, which i know is keeping me in real, awful bondage.

I had an eating disorder and it's being an issue again,and i've never felt so much like checking out of this world! I even prayed that God would 'take me out,' bring me home. The depression has never been so debilitating making life feel so hopeless, full of disappointment and pain. I really can't function and I feel a slave to myself; my needs, desires, food cravings, etc. This is all so terrible and embarrassing and shameful. But if He doesn't, that He would break the chains of me not putting God first (i have NEVER ever really done that!)

First, no need to be embarrassed or ashamed. I know the feelings, I have been there too. But the real issue is you are precious in the sight of God because of what Jesus has done for you. Jesus takes your sin, your guilt, your shame, your fear, your sense of hopelessness... and he died to take all that for you.

“I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5)

[Jesus said:] “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.” (John 10:27-28)

[God said:] “Do not afear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10)

[God says:]
“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation.” (Psalm 91:14-16)

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TomCS

justified by his blood
Oct 30, 2009
New York
✟19,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't know if this is appropriate to post here, but my pharmacist messed up my prescription and now my doctor has to find out about it one way or another. At best, the doctor will think that I'm a fool for letting this mistake happen and not correcting the mistake before now. Pray that this gets resolved without too much bloodshed please. Why do these things always happen to me?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Javanwarbler

God doesn't ever stop loving us thank God!
Sep 1, 2010
Western US
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm at the end of myself it feels. I've lost my will to live. No interest or motivation in things like I used to. I'm also feeling like I'm in bondage to eating. I had an eating disorder and it's again overtaking my life as well. Depression is the worst ever. It's really scary and I'm scared! Please pray God truly gets a hold of me and turns my life around.

You see I keep messing up. It's ridiculous. I keep making the same selfish, self-pleasing choices all the time. I "keep doing things the same expecting a different result" kind of thing. Beating my head against the wall over and over and over. It's truly idiotic some of the habits and things I do, say, and react to. So I don't blame God because I see how self absorbed I am and I am all too keenly aware of all the time wasted and things falling apart everywhere. I feel I'm losing my last grip on reality and that my mind is almost gone (I really have examples to back this up, too. Yet it's too long and hard to write to explain here without you getting the real gist of it. One involved playing recently in the symphony).

This sounds bad, gosh, I just know it's how i really feel hoping that by saying what's at the core this 'thing' will have less power over me. I 've never felt so screwed up. Dont' worry i wont take my life but all the time I wish I was 'home' with God, with Jesus and not here, because I've never felt i fit in this world. And I'm just slipping away more andmore from it as time goes on. It gets worse not better. then this makes me doubt i'm even saved even though I went through an honest self journey some years ago and became a believer when I was 20. I really believed to the best of my ability that i put my whole self into letting God be in my life and change it. But al the bad has happened AFTER becoming a believer? It's all BACKWARDS! Everyone knows you get better as a person (in character with less sin over time) after accepting Christ. That alone has made me feel like throwing in the towel so many times. I'm so distraught over this!!! I can't believe it but the reality is I'm a worse kind of person now than before I accepted Christ. I'm so stuck and so please pray that God breaks through to me and makes it right.

That I too, even, will have a happy ending and know 100% i'll be in heaven with the true God after death.

I am planning to start to pm people as a way to get closer to others and hopefully tear down one wall among many I"ve built up. But i dont' know where to start. There's too much I need to say and not enough time and I"d end up here like 4 hours at one time and simply don't have the concentration or brain power to do that. My mind and thoughts feel like they've been ripped in many pieces that i have to get back together in order to really start effective communication and true bonding with other people, I'm really out of touch with myself.

I"ve spent my entire life wanting to be somebody else. through all the artwork i"ve done, the fantasies, stories in my head, music, how my mind works. Like it was all an escape from the ugly state of being called reality. it's been a part of me for literally 39 years.
Yet the 'person' that i 'am' is a complete stranger to me. I"m sorry this sounds so desperate. i'm so humiliated, but this is what it has come to.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love this idea. I will be keeping those here in prayer!

I could use prayer myself for health issues, problems driving and deep depression...

Love to you all.

Well, I don't know if this is appropriate to post here, but my pharmacist messed up my prescription and now my doctor has to find out about it one way or another. At best, the doctor will think that I'm a fool for letting this mistake happen and not correcting the mistake before now. Pray that this gets resolved without too much bloodshed please. Why do these things always happen to me?

please pray for me - I am so lonely and scared.

I'm at the end of myself it feels. I've lost my will to live. No interest or motivation in things like I used to. I'm also feeling like I'm in bondage to eating. I had an eating disorder and it's again overtaking my life as well. Depression is the worst ever. It's really scary and I'm scared! Please pray God truly gets a hold of me and turns my life around.

You see I keep messing up. It's ridiculous. I keep making the same selfish, self-pleasing choices all the time. I "keep doing things the same expecting a different result" kind of thing. Beating my head against the wall over and over and over. It's truly idiotic some of the habits and things I do, say, and react to. So I don't blame God because I see how self absorbed I am and I am all too keenly aware of all the time wasted and things falling apart everywhere. I feel I'm losing my last grip on reality and that my mind is almost gone (I really have examples to back this up, too. Yet it's too long and hard to write to explain here without you getting the real gist of it. One involved playing recently in the symphony).

This sounds bad, gosh, I just know it's how i really feel hoping that by saying what's at the core this 'thing' will have less power over me. I 've never felt so screwed up. Dont' worry i wont take my life but all the time I wish I was 'home' with God, with Jesus and not here, because I've never felt i fit in this world. And I'm just slipping away more andmore from it as time goes on. It gets worse not better. then this makes me doubt i'm even saved even though I went through an honest self journey some years ago and became a believer when I was 20. I really believed to the best of my ability that i put my whole self into letting God be in my life and change it. But al the bad has happened AFTER becoming a believer? It's all BACKWARDS! Everyone knows you get better as a person (in character with less sin over time) after accepting Christ. That alone has made me feel like throwing in the towel so many times. I'm so distraught over this!!! I can't believe it but the reality is I'm a worse kind of person now than before I accepted Christ. I'm so stuck and so please pray that God breaks through to me and makes it right.

That I too, even, will have a happy ending and know 100% i'll be in heaven with the true God after death.

I am planning to start to pm people as a way to get closer to others and hopefully tear down one wall among many I"ve built up. But i dont' know where to start. There's too much I need to say and not enough time and I"d end up here like 4 hours at one time and simply don't have the concentration or brain power to do that. My mind and thoughts feel like they've been ripped in many pieces that i have to get back together in order to really start effective communication and true bonding with other people, I'm really out of touch with myself.

I"ve spent my entire life wanting to be somebody else. through all the artwork i"ve done, the fantasies, stories in my head, music, how my mind works. Like it was all an escape from the ugly state of being called reality. it's been a part of me for literally 39 years.
Yet the 'person' that i 'am' is a complete stranger to me. I"m sorry this sounds so desperate. i'm so humiliated, but this is what it has come to.

Praying for these now.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to request prayer for myself and for my boyfriend. My boyfriend has severe depression and he is very depressed tonight. Please pray for his healing.

Also, I have Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depression and I am tired of being depressed all the time. Please also pray for my healing.

• Prayers
Upvote 0