Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just had another dream about him. In the dream, we met up and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's pray together." Then he says "Dear God, please make us invincible" and thats all i remember. Could of been a dream from God. I haven't been strong enough spiritually to see this old friend yet. I've been needing to get myself right first... After all, he was the one helping ME for several years. But yes, I am waiting for until I have the right "clarity" to see him.

That clarity may never come until you actually see him.

I have a friend that came out to me, and i was contemplating on whether or not to see them. I had dreams, and one notable nightmare. I did share it with him, and he saved that text of the dream I sent him.

At first I thought I shouldn't go, there have been some distance and he was on one path and im on another.I wasn't sure if I was able to handle whatever he will tell me or I would be the one to damper the talk. But, people here on CF encouraged me to use this opportunity to be a good friend and possible witness for him.

After months of all this head drama, I finally saw him, and was able to share my testimony with him. He said he felt closer because of that.

Before I probably would have said, cut him off. But for your case, I think if he is reaching out, and you want to just know how he's doing and where his mind is at with life, then return the favor. Set up time to have a conversation. Be a good listener, and share your thoughts on things. And be a good example for him. If he brings it up, don't be scare to share the Word out of love.

While the opportunity is there, put your feelings aside and rescue the perishing, care for the dying, Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The conflict is that a friend that is dear to him is walking in a path that will surely give him a destructive end.

The problem is there. Its a matter of how best to confront it.

He will not change his friend's homosexual orientation and there is a very real possibility that a confrontation will destroy the friendship. An increasing number of Christians, like myself, regard the Biblical prohibitions as cultural rather than God ordained. If I were in that position I would try to maintain the friendship and ignore his sexual orientation.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He will not change his friend's homosexual orientation and there is a very real possibility that a confrontation will destroy the friendship. An increasing number of Christians, like myself, regard the Biblical prohibitions as cultural rather than God ordained. If I were in that position I would try to maintain the friendship and ignore his sexual orientation.

I don't business about the increasing number of whoever.

So you would happily watch them destroy theirselves? Would you do that for someone who was cheating? Who kept stealing? For the sake of not being confrontational? Would you be friends with someone that would watch you walk a wrong path like that?

Do not forget that cowards cannot enter the kingdom of God.

And it is not a matter of trying to change them, you can't. That's God job. And its not a matter of cursing out their existence. Talking to them is not a death sentence. But your job is to discern the situation and warn them. That is a heart that is after God and after the soul of the friend.Not to make your life easy and have your friends spiritually suffer. Its painfully clear that the friend is going down the wrong path, that is not up for debate. If the friend wants to go because he can't face that truth, then so be it.People pose ignoring it as if they are being loving. I see it as they are trying to save their own skin.

That is not a friendship. That is being a self-preserving coward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't business about the increasing number of whoever.

So you would happily watch them destroy theirselves? Would you do that for someone who was cheating? Who kept stealing? For the sake of not being confrontational? Would you be friends with someone that would watch you walk a wrong path like that?

Do not forget that cowards cannot enter the kingdom of God.

And it is not a matter of trying to change them, you can't. That's God job. And its not a matter of cursing out their existence. Talking to them is not a death sentence. But your job is to discern the situation and warn them. Not to make your life easy and have your friends spiritually suffer. Its painfully clear that the friend is going down the wrong path, that is not up for debate. If the friend wants to go because he can't face that truth, then so be it.People pose ignoring it as if they are being loving. I see it as they are trying to save their own skin.

That is not a friendship. That is being a self-preserving coward.

Needless to say I disagree. You call me a coward. Well, I have also been called courageous for stating my opinion. I will refrain from pinning any label on you.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just had another dream about him. In the dream, we met up and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's pray together." Then he says "Dear God, please make us invincible" and thats all i remember. Could of been a dream from God. I haven't been strong enough spiritually to see this old friend yet. I've been needing to get myself right first... After all, he was the one helping ME for several years. But yes, I am waiting for until I have the right "clarity" to see him.

If it is The Lord's desire for you to see him then He will give you the "clarity" you need .It is not about you cleaning yourself up, or being strong enough that's His(The Lords) part. I remember having to go through Afib for over 7 years straight. Heart beat 160 to 180 and very irregular. A suffering I would not want anyone to have. My parents came to visit for a few days and my heart did not skip a beat the whole time that they were here. If He could control my heart beat for a few days, can He not have you prepared to see your friend. Has it not been said "I can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens me"?

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we can condemn all homosexuals, as we condemn
all adulterers, all robbers, all killers, all gossips, all sinners;
when they masquerade as believers. There is no place for
them in the church.

And that about the prostitutes does not apply to most of
the scriptures against sodomy. It isn't even debatable.

It was the seeker friendly movment that destroyed many churches.
While we know all are free to come into a church
That number one , we must be preaching sound doctrine
if they hear that , they either are convicted and repent or reject it and leave .
Under no circumstances are we to allow those who refuse to repent , to remain.
BUT seeker friendly did just that . WHEN GOD said be not unequally yoked
HE said it for good reason.
This warn none just hug and accept , DID it cause those in sin to repent .
NO.
What did it cause , it caused the churches to fall away , how many more now accept it
EXACTLY. a lil leaven , will leaven the whole lump.
And now they are going to leaven all with their All iinclusvie UNITY message.
Interfaith like concepts of just join for unity , Its going to bring about
a one world mindset that leads all right to the beast . Its not coinincidence
that more and more are focusing on this UNITY UNITY
WHEN GOD says be not unequally yoked , IT IS for our good
thus when men come saying lets set aside truth , doctrine , differences
FOR the sake of UNITY. You better flee any and all who are teaching this , ,no
matter how well they try and speak and make it seem as love.
ITS THE DELUSOIN that leads all to join hands and hearts and minds
RIGHT to the largest ecumenical gathering that leads all to the worship of the beast .

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Spirits tend to run together in packs. The homosexual spirit is infamous for causing depression, self-loathing, destructive behavior, etc. That's part of the work to keep the prisoner in bondage because they're also fighting supernatural depression.

Fundamentalist religion causes that, it's not intrinsic to being gay.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Fundamentalist religion causes that, it's not intrinsic to being gay.
Not necessarily fundmentalist religion. There are lots of possible causes of stress. However the studies that show higher levels of depression don't, as far as I know, look at alternatives. Does pretending you're not gay help? Does getting therapy to try and make you non-gay? Without that the studies are kind of useless for the purposes the poster was using. It's like comparing the death rate of someone getting chemotherapy for cancer with the death rate in the general population. What you really want to do is compare it with people who have cancer and don't get chemotherapy.

The commonly quoted results on transgender depression have the same problem, as do studies of the impact of divorce. We know that kids of divorced parents have more problems than the average of the whole population. But the comparison you need to judge divorce isn't with the whole population but with families having the same level of conflict who don't divorce.

Upvote 0