East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From age 18-22 I was very involved in the 12-step groups Alcohol Annonymous and Narcotics Annonymous... I had not yet found God and I was a drug user back then and was trying to get sober. Anyway, I made lots of friends in these meetings and eventually met my sponsor who happened to be homosexual, but that didn't bother me, he had like 5 years sober and was helping me get sober, work the 12 steps, encouraged me, and helped me get on my feet... he even let me live with him when I was homeless living on the streets. He had a really good heart and he really loved my family and my family really liked him because they knew he was a good person that was trying to help me... he even used to listen to gospel music in front of me and I would laugh at him for it, thinking he was so weird for listening to Christian music :doh:

So he was my sponsor for like 4 years and he was like my best friend. But when I was 23 I found God and he was happy about that because he was a Christian too, but I made it clear to him that I thought homosexuality was a sin... and that really, really bothered him because he didn't want to give up homosexuality and he knew I was serious. He even went to a church in a gay area where they all loved God and praised God, but they were FIRM that homosexuality was NOT a sin and that they were fine to be homosexual.... and I didn't agree with that, but I wasn't rude about it, I only mentioned it to a few people respectfully. I even went with him to this church a few times just to check it out, and it wasn't all homosexuals but the majority were.

So fast-forward to today, 5ish years later. I stopped hanging out with him shortly after I found God and started pursuing my new Christian path without him. I haven't seen him in like 3 years now and I just started a facebook account where I have only Christian friends... he is the only person I have friend requested that I have ''question'' about whether he is a Christian or not and as soon as he accepted my friend request, a VERY uneasy feeling came into my spirit... my peace and joy immediately left and was replaced with fear and anxiety. Now I regret friend requesting him and I don't want to hurt his feelings by un-friending him. I don't know what to do. He always had a ''guilty conscience'' for his homosexuality around me towards the end and that fear and discomfort from him seems to rub off on me, and now i feel like i just opened up a very bad ''connection.''

I looked up to him for 4 years and he helped me with so much... we had a really good friendship but he was so wrapped up in homosexuality that I would be very surprised if he has come out of that lifestyle. He was living with his ''boyfriend'' last time i saw him. I know he has struggled with so much in his life and I still care about him as a friend but I feel like right now, as my soul and heart are healing through Christ, i don't need to be talking to someone that endorses sin like that... i am no longer a drug-user, i am focused only on God to heal my heart and my soul now.

What would you guys do? I feel really bad, his facebook page says ''I am loved by the Father'' on his title but based on his pictures, it looks like he is going to gay pride festivals and stuff like that... I don't know why i lost my peace and joy like that, it is really disturbing me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WB even IF what you post or say on fb doesn't affect him, his friends and others can see what you are spreading there on your page, the gospel of Jesus Christ, you don't have to agree with them on their acts, but the reason you have the page is for ministering to others, whatever you post will be seen by others that may not have heard the gospel, ya never know, you said he already knows that you are against that lifestyle so just let it roll off your back and look at this as a tool of speaking to others hearts that may NEVER hear the good news.

I have people on mine that cause me to literally shutter, but I turn my head from it and continue to post things that encourage and share the gospel, eventually THEY make the choice to de-friend me, which I am cool with that, at least they know the truth by reading anything I post and if it offends them, well they can choose to let me go, I use it as a tool, and I do not let my personal feelings get in the way. Its all about HIM :handpointup:

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WB even IF what you post or say on fb doesn't affect him, his friends and others can see what you are spreading there on your page, the gospel of Jesus Christ, you don't have to agree with them on their acts, but the reason you have the page is for ministering to others, whatever you post will be seen by others that may not have heard the gospel, ya never know, you said he already knows that you are against that lifestyle so just let it roll off your back and look at this as a tool of speaking to others hearts that may NEVER hear the good news.

I have people on mine that cause me to literally shutter, but I turn my head from it and continue to post things that encourage and share the gospel, eventually THEY make the choice to de-friend me, which I am cool with that, at least they know the truth by reading anything I post and if it offends them, well they can choose to let me go, I use it as a tool, and I do not let my personal feelings get in the way. Its all about HIM :handpointup:

I don't actually post anything on my page [at least not yet], i mainly joined because there are a few facebook groups that i wanted to join where we all connect, encourage each other, share testimonies, etc. When I sent him a friend request, he IMMEDIATELY accepted it [it must of gone straight to his phone], and as soon as i saw a picture of his face it was like BAM... i got hit with MAJOR anxiety and fear, and it's still there, I'm like trembling as I type this, i don't know what happened.... i was feeling joyful and peaceful until that happened. Me and him basically broke our friendship based on differences, because he was all into the 12-step groups and his gay church, and I didn't want to do the 12-step groups anymore but wanted to pursue God only. He was deeply hurt by me not hanging around anymore and i feel like he will try and ''hurt'' me or bring me down because he is truly tormented by his homosexuality and everything that comes with that lifestyle [the self-hatred, suicidal thoughts, etc] and he knows I was serious about God. I don't know, i am just very shocked at what happened when i friend requested him- some spirit just got inside me and i am feeling absolutely horrible right now, i don't know what happened

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't actually post anything on my page [at least not yet], i mainly joined because there are a few facebook groups that i wanted to join where we all connect, encourage each other, share testimonies, etc. When I sent him a friend request, he IMMEDIATELY accepted it [it must of gone straight to his phone], and as soon as i saw a picture of his face it was like BAM... i got hit with MAJOR anxiety and fear, and it's still there, I'm like trembling as I type this, i don't know what happened.... i was feeling joyful and peaceful until that happened. Me and him basically broke our friendship based on differences, because he was all into the 12-step groups and his gay church, and I didn't want to do the 12-step groups anymore but wanted to pursue God only. He was deeply hurt by me not hanging around anymore and i feel like he will try and ''hurt'' me or bring me down because he is truly tormented by his homosexuality and everything that comes with that lifestyle [the self-hatred, suicidal thoughts, etc] and he knows I was serious about God. I don't know, i am just very shocked at what happened when i friend requested him- some spirit just got inside me and i am feeling absolutely horrible right now, i don't know what happened
Well I know you don't wanna hurt his feelings, but if this is making you feel this way, simply click to unfriend him, you both are grown men and really shouldn't have hard feelings, if you do, don't worry about hurting his feelings, your a man, he's a man, just click the icon and be done with it, especially if you feel something horrific as this. I would do it in a heartbeat, cause he is not feeling what you are feeling, that may sound cold, but you made a mistake, bottom line. IF the Holy Spirit doesn't agree then for goodness sake click it YOU GOT THIS WB :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would you guys do? I feel really bad, his facebook page says ''I am loved by the Father'' on his title but based on his pictures, it looks like he is going to gay pride festivals and stuff like that... I don't know why i lost my peace and joy like that, it is really disturbing me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
as soon as i saw a picture of his face it was like BAM... i got hit with MAJOR anxiety and fear, and it's still there, I'm like trembling as I type this, i don't know what happened.... i was feeling joyful and peaceful until that happened.
He was deeply hurt by me not hanging around anymore and i feel like he will try and ''hurt'' me or bring me down
I don't know, i am just very shocked at what happened when i friend requested him- some spirit just got inside me and i am feeling absolutely horrible right now, i don't know what happened

Sounds like you both just came around to what I was sensing from the start.

WilliamBo, you need to separate out the feelings issue and protect yourself spiritually here. I once interpreted a dream for a guy here that was pretty horrifying in this context. The pastor was a "recovered" homosexual, his minister of music was still a practicing homosexual, and many in the congregation were from that lifestyle.

I can't say in detail what happened in the dream because it was gross, but it suggested he was in serious danger of eventually being seduced, and that very powerful demonic spirits were working behind the scenes, and ruling over that entire congregation.

If you want my advice, do as @Solomon'sPorch just suggested and click the bottom. He knows that what he is doing is wrong, and yet he remains in the sin, possibly even more than ever now. And the Spirit within you is warning you plainly.

Click the button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I know you don't wanna hurt his feelings, but if this is making you feel this way, simply click to unfriend him, you both are grown men and really shouldn't have hard feelings, if you do, don't worry about hurting his feelings, your a man, he's a man, just click the icon and be done with it, especially if you feel something horrific as this. I would do it in a heartbeat, cause he is not feeling what you are feeling, that may sound cold, but you made a mistake, bottom line. IF the Holy Spirit doesn't agree then for goodness sake click it YOU GOT THIS WB :oldthumbsup:

You're right, the reason I posted this is because it was strangely horrific, going from feeling peace and love to feeling such intense fear and anxiety was horrible, I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I don't know if it was Holy Spirit or if it was only me that disagrees with it. Anyway, thanks

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right, the reason I posted this is because it was strangely horrific, going from feeling peace and love to feeling such intense fear and anxiety was horrible, I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I don't know if it was Holy Spirit or if it was only me that disagrees with it. Anyway, thanks
You betcha, if you feel better then cool beans dude roll with it ;)

Upvote 0

PhantomGaze

Carry on my wayward son.
Aug 16, 2012
✟29,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you have a few options... you're probably going to be told to go in all hellfire and brimstone by a lot of Christians you come across online. I would say, if he wants to be a Christian still, then the Spirit will convict him. Going after him in argument will only solidify his opinion against yours. He probably already knows what you think. Just show him love.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Slayer I don't care what anyone else says about you You are loved. what a great example
of HOW a real christain should be. THEY NEVER SELL OUT , but just keep on pumping out truth
even if it offends , and hopefully to win souls. Slayer you get the medal of truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you both just cane around to what I was sensing from the start.

WilliamBo, you need to separate out the feelings issue and protect yourself spiritually here. I once interpreted a dream for a guy here that was pretty horrifying in this context. The pastor was a "recovered" homosexual, his minister of music was still a practicing homosexual, and many in the congregation were from that lifestyle.

I can't say in detail what happened in the dream because it was gross, but it suggested he was in serious danger of eventually being seduced, and that very powerful demonic spirits were working behind the scenes, and ruling over that entire congregation.

If you want my advice, do as @Solomon'sPorch just suggested and click the bottom. He knows that what he is doing is wrong, and yet he remains in the sin, possibly even more than ever now. And the Spirit within you is warning you plainly.

Click the button.

Yea that sounds about right, the homosexual spirit is a very powerful spirit and from what I have learned it usually starts from abuse in childhood and the person becomes so wrapped in it that they cant be freed from it and end up having like hundreds of sexual partners and it just gets worse. This guy had a very troubled childhood with lots of abuse, sexual abuse, etc and became really disturbed and became addicted to drugs but eventually got clean and sober... but he still did love God and really did have a good heart and that's why it bothers me so much.

Anyway I just unfriended him. So you think for sure that it WAS the spirit warning me? I was trying to figure out if I was judging him or sinning somehow and I opened a door or if it was God warning me.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you both just cane around to what I was sensing from the start.

Click the button.
A lil leaven , leavens the whole lump. God knew why , if one wont repent , WE are not
to be unequally yoked. IF only the churches had heeded this , so many now
would not be falling under the spell its love . We cant be unequally yoked.
Another medal of truth today.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yea that sounds about right, the homosexual spirit is a very powerful spirit and from what I have learned it usually starts from abuse in childhood and the person becomes so wrapped in it that they cant be freed from it and end up having like hundreds of sexual partners and it just gets worse. This guy had a very troubled childhood with lots of abuse, sexual abuse, etc and became really disturbed and became addicted to drugs but eventually got clean and sober... but he still did love God and really did have a good heart and that's why it bothers me so much.

Anyway I just unfriended him. So you think for sure that it WAS the spirit warning me? I was trying to figure out if I was judging him or sinning somehow and I opened a door or if it was God warning me.
You did right. We know God is wiser than us all. We cannot be unequally yoked together.
Had the churches stayed with pure doctrine , then at least some would have heard and repented.
Instead many chose a while back to just welcome all and not correct. And what was the result
did they repent and come to Christ . NO , the opposite happened, more churches embrace it now .
God, his way , his pattern works. mans fails.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you have a few options... you're probably going to be told to go in all hellfire and brimstone by a lot of Christians you come across online. I would say, if he wants to be a Christian still, then the Spirit will convict him. Going after him in argument will only solidify his opinion against yours. He probably already knows what you think. Just show him love.

Yea, I definitely DON'T want to make him feel even worse. I feel I am not strong enough to be able to minister to him in love and truth yet but i WANT to... it was the opposite for a long time with HIM ministering to ME, so it's a strange situation, especially with him being 15 years older than me. I know he is convicted, especially after a super close friend of his becomes a Christian and plainly lets him know he doesn't accept homosexuality. I don't want to argue with him, I'm just going to unfriend him for now and see if i can help him in the future when I am stronger spiritually

Upvote 0

tryintogrow

ContraryTwit
Sep 11, 2006
✟11,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have to protect yourself in order to help anyone else. Witnessing should never, ever come at the cost of putting yourself in danger. 1 Corinthians 8 explains how individual Christians have different tolerance levels toward wickedness. If you can't tolerate the homosexual spirit, it does not mean you are weak. Love him from a distance and pray for God to send a messenger who isn't so bothered by that spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yea, I definitely DON'T want to make him feel even worse. I feel I am not strong enough to be able to minister to him in love and truth yet but i WANT to... it was the opposite for a long time with HIM ministering to ME, so it's a strange situation, especially with him being 15 years older than me. I know he is convicted, especially after a super close friend of his becomes a Christian and plainly lets him know he doesn't accept homosexuality. I don't want to argue with him, I'm just going to unfriend him for now and see if i can help him in the future when I am stronger spiritually
The show them love aint working churches. WE need to correct them that is how we show our Love.
this show them love has not worked at all. its failed. all we have are more christains supporting it now.
This idea of not correcting is not biblical at all. the apsotels and others corrected.
FOR two reasons. ONE was in hopes the one in error would sorrow to repentance.
Number two , was for the safety of the flock. a lil leaven leavens the whole place.
phantom and tx matt. I love you both. but your comments are lacking real bad.
I say this as kindly as I can.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to protect yourself in order to help anyone else. Witnessing should never, ever come at the cost of putting yourself in danger. 1 Corinthians 8 explains how individual Christians have different tolerance levels toward wickedness. If you can't tolerate the homosexual spirit, it does not mean you are weak. Love him from a distance and pray for God to send a messenger who isn't so bothered by that spirit.

Yea that's a good point, I need to protect myself first. It's not the homosexual spirit per-se that bothers me, it's the fear and anxiety that he feels seems to infect me because we were very close and were even doing Bible-studies with eachother towards the end but he is so tormented by the sin in his life and nobody knows how he feels better than me because we were close friends AND both Christians.

Upvote 0

tryintogrow

ContraryTwit
Sep 11, 2006
✟11,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yea that's a good point, I need to protect myself first. It's not the homosexual spirit per-se that bothers me, it's the fear and anxiety that he feels seems to infect me because we were very close and were even doing Bible-studies with eachother towards the end but he is so tormented by the sin in his life and nobody knows how he feels better than me because we were close friends AND both Christians.

Spirits tend to run together in packs. The homosexual spirit is infamous for causing depression, self-loathing, destructive behavior, etc. That's part of the work to keep the prisoner in bondage because they're also fighting supernatural depression.

When God moves a person out of our lives, it is almost never a good idea to look them on Facebook.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spirits tend to run together in packs. The homosexual spirit is infamous for causing depression, self-loathing, destructive behavior, etc. That's part of the work to keep the prisoner in bondage because they're also fighting supernatural depression.

When God moves a person out of our lives, it is almost never a good idea to look them on Facebook.

Great point. I didn't realize God had ''moved'' him out of my life, I suppose that's what happened. Yea i was told that most homosexuals go through phases of being suicidal because it's so destructive. The same thing happened to me, just not with homosexuality, the spirits just kept being added more and more with drugs, depression, lust, anger, hatred, i know EXACTLY how that works

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let me give a real good example of WHY this love them don't work.
Say I am in a sin. So this church comes along , wont correct me , but just hugs me.
I am going to feel comforatable and accepted IN MY SIN.
But , if real HOLY GHOST saints rebuke me , warn me all out
my chances of repenting JUST INCREASED, either that or I leave.
But either way, at least one might repent and the others wont have to be subjected
to my erroneous ways.
Used to be, when the SPIRIT led the churches, any in a sin.....FELT conviction
they heard sound doctrine. some fled, but some came up with tears of sorrow REPENTING.
THIS IS what we need BACK IN the churches.

Upvote 0