✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this story..so much..
The true story I share .. is when this young gay man got kicked out ..something like that and his friend told him that he could stay with them. Well one day at the table the friend said to the young gay man.. what about JESUS? The gay young man said.. been there done that. The friend said no.. if you need help I will be there..if you need someone to get mad at hate.. I will be there. If you need someone to cry with you I will be there..if you need someone to laugh with.. I will be there. If you fall I will not judge you or condemn you. That young gay man is saved and married and has tons of kids :) JESUS IS REAL.

To many times we are not prayed up.. we dont read..have the word before our eyes 24/7 we are not praying 24/7 and then in all things. Nor from the moment we wake up to sleep do we always think talk to Him and the sweet sweet Holy Spirit. So.. so many times we have no clue what we should be doing :)

For me.. be it gay or drugs or just does not want Jesus.. I would and do the same.. be there when they needed..to even get walked on.. used and hurt..but to love them.. not judge them not condemn them. For I can not save anyone..but MAN I can SHINE! And JESUS is real. And its that sweet sweet Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin...not me. Live as we are to be...and then.. when they are just around you.. JESUS shines so bright they WANT that light.. you have something they dont.. somethings missing.. and sometimes...they will get upset and mad for no reason.. its that LIGHT. JESUS IS REAL!

So for me.. to pal around with would be unwise. We ALL in anything..if we hang around can get pulled into it. We alone are NO MATCH for a fallen angel. But CHRIST IN US...greater is HE that is in US then he thats in the world.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You don't need to be right. God is right. You just need to uphold that. Have the love of God enhance your relationship with others and not the other way around (Matthew 22:36-40)
I don't know why you're assuming I'm not doing that?

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

I don't hate him, I just don't agree with him professing to be Christian AND a homosexual at the same time. And he knows it's a sin, he's even told me himself that he is hurt by Christians because they ''say homosexuality is an abomination''

That is the time you pull out a bible and show him they're right,tell him that Christians only say homosexuality is an abomination because God in the bible says it is, then quote the verses.

It does not sound like he recognizes it as a sin,which is why he is hurt by Christians. I would show him the exact verses and say, this is where it says it is an abomination in the bible, do you deny this?

At this point you should hear his faulty logic, God loves me. Show him Ezekial 18, show him revelations where it says abominations shall not enter the kingdom of God. There will come a point where he will deny what the bible says. One can not claim to be homosexual and Christian without denying parts of the bible.

The problem is, todays church teaches once saved always saved, not the way it actually is. Todays church reads bible verses such as Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And the church teaches that its a lie, once you ask Jesus into your heart you can do anything because all sins are forgiven. This is not biblical, is made up by man, but is taught in about 85% of the churches. Yes, the modern church is teaching lawlessness, as fortold.

Good luck convincing your friend that he has to repent and stay repentant as the bible teaches as your pastor teaches that you can do anything you want when you're saved, because once saved always saved, right?

This is why we are in the end times. The modern church has lost the message and more and more teaches lawlessness. "God loves you,come to Jesus and he'll forgive all your sins." But where is repentance taught?

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

I don't hate him, I just don't agree with him professing to be Christian AND a homosexual at the same time. And he knows it's a sin, he's even told me himself that he is hurt by Christians because they ''say homosexuality is an abomination''
I couldn't read the WHOLE thread, but I think I get the main idea, and it sounds like you DID unfriend him? I was gonna suggest just unfollowing him and you'll never see his posts. But yeah I mean, ideally you want to be able to witness to all people of any level of darkness, but it sounds like this is too much for you right now and you should just leave it alone to me.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What I find interesting is that so many believers just dismiss things the Bible clearly says. It clearly says homosexuality is sin. It clearly says that we are to lovingly and humbly to approach people who claim to be believers and are sinning and point out their repeated unrepentant sin and try and help them get right with God. If they refuse then we are to disassociate ourselves from them.

It has nothing to do with the unbeliever but those that claim to be believers. Jesus practiced this in his ministry. The unbeliever he reached out to such as the prostitute or the tax collector. He then admonished them to go and sin no more and make amends. The "believers" of the day he rebuked were those who claimed righteousness while living sinful lives.

Why do we reject the teaching of scripture that is modeled by Christ? The homosexual in the OP is a Pharisee. Claiming righteousness while full of sin. Failing to repent. By the way this applies to ALL types of sin not just the sin of homosexuality.

And before anyone misinterprets (which some probably will anyway) this does not apply to our individual sometimes failures. This only apply to those who practice ongoing perpetual sin.

• Agree
Reactions: tryintogrow
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I find interesting is that so many believers just dismiss things the Bible clearly says. It clearly says homosexuality is sin. It clearly says that we are to lovingly and humbly to approach people who claim to be believers and are sinning and point out their repeated unrepentant sin and try and help them get right with God. If they refuse then we are to disassociate ourselves from them.

It has nothing to do with the unbeliever but those that claim to be believers. Jesus practiced this in his ministry. The unbeliever he reached out to such as the prostitute or the tax collector. He then admonished them to go and sin no more and make amends. The "believers" of the day he rebuked were those who claimed righteousness while living sinful lives.

Why do we reject the teaching of scripture that is modeled by Christ? The homosexual in the OP is a Pharisee. Claiming righteousness while full of sin. Failing to repent. By the way this applies to ALL types of sin not just the sin of homosexuality.

And before anyone misinterprets (which some probably will anyway) this does not apply to our individual sometimes failures. This only apply to those who practice ongoing perpetual sin.
I think in my opinion, the rules you are talking about were to be applied in a setting where the church is doing it's job. It sounds like THIS person has been sucked into a church that has decieved them, they're not part of a wonderful real congregation who has given them the full truth and now they just reject it and choose to go another way, it's a bit more complicated. They're in babylon, where the truth has been discombobulated beyond belief, and they are being TOLD they are following correctly and doing the right thing I just... I don't think it's time to disfellowship this person because they aren't apostate to THEIR congregation.

It's kind of like when paul said "he who does not work should not eat" people quote that verse all the time as a means of saying we should all have jobs and work hard to make money and provide for our families, but I don't think that's the context of the verse. It's talking about within a christian community who's living the way they were intended to live, meaning they share everything and consider nothing they're own. He was saying some people are hanging around just to get the free food, and if they aren't willing to go out and preach or help or minister as well, don't let them freeload. It really doesn't apply if you're not living in the "share everything give up all our posessions" situation that Paul was writing from.

And that's where I see this situation, paul wants us to have nothing to do with someone who's come into fullness of truth but now is hell bent on throwing that truth away in pursuit of something fleshly. But what THIS person seems to have done, is simply fallen for a deceptive congregation, they've been sucked into a cult and don't know it. I just don't... think that's the same personally.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK, lets say this man was caught in the act......
The pharisee would bring him to the forefront, let everyone know what he did, say he is a sinner and stone him to death. Lets say Jesus told him the same that he told the woman in adultery.... I dont condemn thee... go and sin no more.

The person in sin never spoke....and we were not told whether or not they continued "in sin" or not afterwards.

Which side would you say you are suggesting now to the OP......the side of the pharisee or that of Jesus?

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

tryintogrow

ContraryTwit
Sep 11, 2006
✟11,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Modern day Pharisees are not the "prudes" with old-fashioned values. Our Pharisees of today are self-appointed experts who bully and put down anyone who isn't comfortable with the status quo. They impose a certain attitude, and if you disagree, they offer no liberty. You will conform to PC liberalism in the church, or you will be called a bigot.

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, lets say this man was caught in the act......
The pharisee would bring him to the forefront, let everyone know what he did, say he is a sinner and stone him to death. Lets say Jesus told him the same that he told the woman in adultery.... I dont condemn thee... go and sin no more.

The person in sin never spoke....and we were not told whether or not they continued "in sin" or not afterwards.

Which side would you say you are suggesting now to the OP......the side of the pharisee or that of Jesus?
While I DO think your point is somewhat valid, he's referring to when Paul was talking to I BELIEVE Timothy and telling him what to do with a reprobrate member, I THINK the context was the man sleeping with his own mother. And he was saying to warn him 3 times and then if he didn't listen to disfellowship him. That's why I was saying I'm not sure this is the same situation, I think he'd have to be a part of a very real congregation of spirit filled believers, accept the full truth, repent of all his sins truly, but then go back on it in the desire to sin or do something depraved. I feel like THIS person has never even reached the point of true understanding of the gospel, it sounds like they've been suckered into a false teaching, so I'm just not sure it applies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know why you're assuming I'm not doing that?

I'm not assuming, it's right in your post.You basically said I can hang with people with opposing views, respect it, and be okay. You can't uphold right and respect wrong, they can't dwell together, one will always trump the other. The scriptures addressed it by saying that if you do, you'll eventually stray away from God.(Proverbs 12:26).

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not assuming, it's right in your post.You basically said I can hang with people with opposing views, respect it, and be okay. You can't uphold right and respect wrong, they can't dwell together, one will always trump the other. The scriptures addressed it by saying that if you do, you'll eventually stray away from God.(Proverbs 12:26).
Different doctrine.....different political opinions =/= opposing views or "dwelling with the unrighteous".

So we don't get off topic.....I'll keep it related to the OP. The OP described his friend as a "good person"..... someone that encouraged him towards sobriety.....took him in when he was in desperate need of a place to live....loved him and his family. If those traits were to rub off on WilliamBo....I don't see that as a negative (and homosexuality isn't contagious...so there's no worry there). WB should be thankful that his sponsor didn't have your attitude about who to "hang" with or not.

If we only "hang" (to use your word) with people with identical views than what we hold to....there's never any challenge to our beliefs....we never have to explain why we believe what we do.....and *that* is how we can possibly get lulled into straying from God. Diversity is a good and healthy thing. I wasn't saying anything about people that are in opposition to what's "right".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Different doctrine.....different opinions =/= opposing views or "dwelling with the unrighteous".

So we don't get off topic.....I'll keep it related to the OP. The OP described his friend as a "good person"..... someone that encouraged him towards sobriety.....took him in when he was in desperate need of a place to live....loved him and his family. If those traits were to rub off on WilliamBo....I don't see that as a negative (and homosexuality isn't contagious...so there's no worry there).

If we only "hang" (to use your word) with people with identical views than what we hold to....there's never any challenge to our beliefs....we never have to explain why we believe what we do.....and *that* is how we can possibly get lulled into straying from God. Diversity is a good and healthy thing. I wasn't saying anything about people that are in opposition to what's "right".

Is there something about the scriptures I posted that didn't address that? The scriptures came from the KJV btw...

Upvote 0

tryintogrow

ContraryTwit
Sep 11, 2006
✟11,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue is whether people believe that homosexuality really is bad. Many modern Christians have begun to put it in the same category as politics. They think it's distasteful but not a sin. If you see homosexuality as serious, soul-destroying lifestyle, the warnings in Scripture sound perfectly rational. If you don't think it's all that bad, Scripture sounds harsh.

I continue to be amazed by how many people believe and accept Scripture based on their opinion of sin.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The issue is whether people believe that homosexuality really is bad. Many modern Christians have begun to put it in the same category as politics. They think it's distasteful but not a sin. If you see homosexuality as serious, soul-destroying lifestyle, the warnings in Scripture sound perfectly rational. If you don't think it's all that bad, Scripture sounds harsh.

I continue to be amazed by how many people believe and accept Scripture based on their opinion of sin.

Ugh, been there done that. Whenever the scriptures sounded too harsh for me, it was like cherry pickings. Trying to create my own version of God. I always ended up being lukewarm and double-minded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe the homosexual lifestyle (active, unrepentant) is a dangerous sin?
From what I understand about forum rules.....that's not something we can discuss ;) But.....I will say it's not a "lifestyle".

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I understand about forum rules.....that's not something we can discuss ;) But.....I will say it's not a "lifestyle".

Really? I caused another rule change? Ill say it.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The serpent tried to force Adam and Eve to see things as good and bad. Take the fruit, he said, you will be like Gods. Afterward they were exposed and had to hid in shame. I say just read the scriptures, why do we have to view things as good and bad? Why cant they just be?

• Winner
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0