✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
]
The serpent tried to force Adam and Eve to see things as good and bad. Take the fruit, he said, you will be like Gods.Afterward they were exposed and had to hid in shame. I say just read the scriptures, why do we have to view things as good and bad? Why cant they just be?

We wanna view things as good and bad because we want to be our own gods.God isn't about good or bad, he's about what's right. To be in right standing with God (righteous) we have to truly deny ourselves. That's the daily struggle.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
OK, lets say this man was caught in the act......
The pharisee would bring him to the forefront, let everyone know what he did, say he is a sinner and stone him to death. Lets say Jesus told him the same that he told the woman in adultery.... I dont condemn thee... go and sin no more.

The person in sin never spoke....and we were not told whether or not they continued "in sin" or not afterwards.

Which side would you say you are suggesting now to the OP......the side of the pharisee or that of Jesus?
We are talking about two separate issues. One claims to be a believer the other does not. The homosexual caught in the act as a sinner would be brought to Jesus who would say I forgive you, now stop practicing homosexuality. He would tell them to obey him.

The Pharisees brought the sinner to Jesus for condemnation and judgement.

The homosexual in the church claiming to be a believer but living in sin IS the Pharisee IF he refuses to recognize their own sin calling themselves righteous despite their practice of sin.

Claiming to be a believer is the key to this.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Ugh, been there done that. Whenever the scriptures sounded too harsh for me, it was like cherry pickings. Trying to create my own version of God. I always ended up being lukewarm and double-minded.

I am glad you have conformed your thoughts to scripture. There are a lot of believers these days that just can't do that. May God bless you for that.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
]

We wanna view things as good and bad because we want to be our own gods.
I am glad you have confirmed your thoughts to scripture. There are a lot of believers these days that just can't do that. May God bless you for that.

Keep me in prayers, it wasn't easy getting to that point, the world is so shiny :(

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not assuming, it's right in your post.You basically said I can hang with people with opposing views, respect it, and be okay. You can't uphold right and respect wrong, they can't dwell together, one will always trump the other. The scriptures addressed it by saying that if you do, you'll eventually stray away from God.(Proverbs 12:26)
I started another thread, just to let you know, to continue this conversation (I didn't want to derail this more). It's here: Being Friends with Those with other Beliefs

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Christian Philosophy & Ethics forum.
Please note and abide by the Statement of Purpose of this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is obvious in this thread that there is a terrible Pharisaical pride that has blinded many of the posters.
The ironic thing about it is that the Bible does not even discuss the homosexual person. It does discuss the Spiritual adultery of the heterosexual and homosexual by their sexual worship with the pagan prostitutes to their gods and goddesses. So we cannot just condemn all homosexual because of this ...we would also have to condemn all heterosexual sex as well.
It would do well to check out this subject in the Forma Debate section in the LGBT thread.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WB even IF what you post or say on fb doesn't affect him, his friends and others can see what you are spreading there on your page, the gospel of Jesus Christ, you don't have to agree with them on their acts, but the reason you have the page is for ministering to others, whatever you post will be seen by others that may not have heard the gospel, ya never know, you said he already knows that you are against that lifestyle so just let it roll off your back and look at this as a tool of speaking to others hearts that may NEVER hear the good news.

I have people on mine that cause me to literally shutter, but I turn my head from it and continue to post things that encourage and share the gospel, eventually THEY make the choice to de-friend me, which I am cool with that, at least they know the truth by reading anything I post and if it offends them, well they can choose to let me go, I use it as a tool, and I do not let my personal feelings get in the way. Its all about HIM :handpointup:

I've been thinking about this old friend of mine, he was a big part of my life and my family's life. I even had a dream a few nights ago about him... he was living across the street from my dad in his neighborhood... not sure what that dream meant but it sure is interesting.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From age 18-22 I was very involved in the 12-step groups Alcohol Annonymous and Narcotics Annonymous... I had not yet found God and I was a drug user back then and was trying to get sober. Anyway, I made lots of friends in these meetings and eventually met my sponsor who happened to be homosexual, but that didn't bother me, he had like 5 years sober and was helping me get sober, work the 12 steps, encouraged me, and helped me get on my feet... he even let me live with him when I was homeless living on the streets. He had a really good heart and he really loved my family and my family really liked him because they knew he was a good person that was trying to help me... he even used to listen to gospel music in front of me and I would laugh at him for it, thinking he was so weird for listening to Christian music :doh:

So he was my sponsor for like 4 years and he was like my best friend. But when I was 23 I found God and he was happy about that because he was a Christian too, but I made it clear to him that I thought homosexuality was a sin... and that really, really bothered him because he didn't want to give up homosexuality and he knew I was serious. He even went to a church in a gay area where they all loved God and praised God, but they were FIRM that homosexuality was NOT a sin and that they were fine to be homosexual.... and I didn't agree with that, but I wasn't rude about it, I only mentioned it to a few people respectfully. I even went with him to this church a few times just to check it out, and it wasn't all homosexuals but the majority were.

So fast-forward to today, 5ish years later. I stopped hanging out with him shortly after I found God and started pursuing my new Christian path without him. I haven't seen him in like 3 years now and I just started a facebook account where I have only Christian friends... he is the only person I have friend requested that I have ''question'' about whether he is a Christian or not and as soon as he accepted my friend request, a VERY uneasy feeling came into my spirit... my peace and joy immediately left and was replaced with fear and anxiety. Now I regret friend requesting him and I don't want to hurt his feelings by un-friending him. I don't know what to do. He always had a ''guilty conscience'' for his homosexuality around me towards the end and that fear and discomfort from him seems to rub off on me, and now i feel like i just opened up a very bad ''connection.''

I looked up to him for 4 years and he helped me with so much... we had a really good friendship but he was so wrapped up in homosexuality that I would be very surprised if he has come out of that lifestyle. He was living with his ''boyfriend'' last time i saw him. I know he has struggled with so much in his life and I still care about him as a friend but I feel like right now, as my soul and heart are healing through Christ, i don't need to be talking to someone that endorses sin like that... i am no longer a drug-user, i am focused only on God to heal my heart and my soul now.

What would you guys do? I feel really bad, his facebook page says ''I am loved by the Father'' on his title but based on his pictures, it looks like he is going to gay pride festivals and stuff like that... I don't know why i lost my peace and joy like that, it is really disturbing me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

it doesn't sound like you struggle with homosexuality so I don't see why engaging this individual or re-engaging him should be an issue. the mission of the church is to reach the lost and we cannot forget this as we climb our Christian mountains. the LGBT community is a difficult group to get in the door but it sounds like you are already in the door with him; he knows how you feel yet he still sought you out (even if it's only FB) He sounds like a good influence on you in regards to your substance abuse perhaps now it can be a good time for you to be a good influence on him. Remember God does not give us a spirit of fear so your "fear and anxiety" you experienced perhaps should be reexamined.

• Agree
Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go see your friend WilliamBo. As we walk through this life, sometimes in our friendships and or relationships a bond is created. If you are thinking about him, even to the point of a dream, perhaps he needs your help. There was a time he helped you, when it was needed, perhaps he needs your help. I had this happen to me when I was moving out here. Someone I knew when I was 19 years old kept coming to my mind. Found out later they overdosed on drugs and died .I wish that I had the oppertunity to see them before this happened. Perhaps your dream will give you some clarification as to why you are thinking of him.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I personally wouldn't treat him any differently than any one of my friends.

Agreed. His homosexuality is an issue between him and God, not him and you. We do not decide who is saved and who is a "real christian". He sounds like a nice guy who was a good support system for you in the past.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So you have a few options... you're probably going to be told to go in all hellfire and brimstone by a lot of Christians you come across online. I would say, if he wants to be a Christian still, then the Spirit will convict him.

More likely, if he is deluding himself that he
is a Christian, then he's going to hell if nobody
cares enough to tell him. Either way, he is
destroying himself. The choices are intervene,
stay away or play dumb, ignore his problems
and hope that someone else will help him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It is obvious in this thread that there is a terrible Pharisaical pride that has blinded many of the posters.
The ironic thing about it is that the Bible does not even discuss the homosexual person. It does discuss the Spiritual adultery of the heterosexual and homosexual by their sexual worship with the pagan prostitutes to their gods and goddesses. So we cannot just condemn all homosexual because of this ...we would also have to condemn all heterosexual sex as well.
It would do well to check out this subject in the Forma Debate section in the LGBT thread.

Yes, we can condemn all homosexuals, as we condemn
all adulterers, all robbers, all killers, all gossips, all sinners;
when they masquerade as believers. There is no place for
them in the church.

And that about the prostitutes does not apply to most of
the scriptures against sodomy. It isn't even debatable.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
From age 18-22 I was very involved in the 12-step groups Alcohol Annonymous and Narcotics Annonymous... I had not yet found God and I was a drug user back then and was trying to get sober. Anyway, I made lots of friends in these meetings and eventually met my sponsor who happened to be homosexual, but that didn't bother me, he had like 5 years sober and was helping me get sober, work the 12 steps, encouraged me, and helped me get on my feet... he even let me live with him when I was homeless living on the streets. He had a really good heart and he really loved my family and my family really liked him because they knew he was a good person that was trying to help me... he even used to listen to gospel music in front of me and I would laugh at him for it, thinking he was so weird for listening to Christian music :doh:

So he was my sponsor for like 4 years and he was like my best friend. But when I was 23 I found God and he was happy about that because he was a Christian too, but I made it clear to him that I thought homosexuality was a sin... and that really, really bothered him because he didn't want to give up homosexuality and he knew I was serious. He even went to a church in a gay area where they all loved God and praised God, but they were FIRM that homosexuality was NOT a sin and that they were fine to be homosexual.... and I didn't agree with that, but I wasn't rude about it, I only mentioned it to a few people respectfully. I even went with him to this church a few times just to check it out, and it wasn't all homosexuals but the majority were.

So fast-forward to today, 5ish years later. I stopped hanging out with him shortly after I found God and started pursuing my new Christian path without him. I haven't seen him in like 3 years now and I just started a facebook account where I have only Christian friends... he is the only person I have friend requested that I have ''question'' about whether he is a Christian or not and as soon as he accepted my friend request, a VERY uneasy feeling came into my spirit... my peace and joy immediately left and was replaced with fear and anxiety. Now I regret friend requesting him and I don't want to hurt his feelings by un-friending him. I don't know what to do. He always had a ''guilty conscience'' for his homosexuality around me towards the end and that fear and discomfort from him seems to rub off on me, and now i feel like i just opened up a very bad ''connection.''

I looked up to him for 4 years and he helped me with so much... we had a really good friendship but he was so wrapped up in homosexuality that I would be very surprised if he has come out of that lifestyle. He was living with his ''boyfriend'' last time i saw him. I know he has struggled with so much in his life and I still care about him as a friend but I feel like right now, as my soul and heart are healing through Christ, i don't need to be talking to someone that endorses sin like that... i am no longer a drug-user, i am focused only on God to heal my heart and my soul now.

What would you guys do? I feel really bad, his facebook page says ''I am loved by the Father'' on his title but based on his pictures, it looks like he is going to gay pride festivals and stuff like that... I don't know why i lost my peace and joy like that, it is really disturbing me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You are heterosexual and your friend is homosexual and you both are Christian. There is no problem here.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are heterosexual and your friend is homosexual and you both are Christian. There is no problem here.

The conflict is that a friend that is dear to him is walking in a path that will surely give him a destructive end.

The problem is there. Its a matter of how best to confront it.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go see your friend WilliamBo. As we walk through this life, sometimes in our friendships and or relationships a bond is created. If you are thinking about him, even to the point of a dream, perhaps he needs your help. There was a time he helped you, when it was needed, perhaps he needs your help. I had this happen to me when I was moving out here. Someone I knew when I was 19 years old kept coming to my mind. Found out later they overdosed on drugs and died .I wish that I had the oppertunity to see them before this happened. Perhaps your dream will give you some clarification as to why you are thinking of him.

I just had another dream about him. In the dream, we met up and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's pray together." Then he says "Dear God, please make us invincible" and thats all i remember. Could of been a dream from God. I haven't been strong enough spiritually to see this old friend yet. I've been needing to get myself right first... After all, he was the one helping ME for several years. But yes, I am waiting for until I have the right "clarity" to see him.

Upvote 0