• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ready, set, GOAL !

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My goal right now is to develop a list of 25 things that make me happy

and to develop a new volunteer activity, such as working at a no kill animal shelter to hold cats and comb them and pet them, helping them to stay socialized bc they are being loved or work with little children who make me laugh

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Goal is to go back to work (regular Social Security simply not enough)

baby step is decide between nearby Hospital and nearby convenience store for first applications

goal-setting was a big part of some therapy I just ended at VA hospital

short term -- I can't spend all my time going to Group Therapy sessions, I need work, whether full or part time

long term -- get some new Certification for computer technical support

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My goal is to fully surrender to God, everyday, in everything. His will be done.

I keep trying to control everything which involves checking things constantly, weighing myself, counting calories, overthinking hypothetical situations. This kind of anxiety comes from a lack of faith and it really annoys me. It is just constant all day long. I must surrender, let go and have faith that God has perfect timing and perfect planning for me. Prayers welcome because I have been struggling with this for a long time now.

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long, short and inbetween Goals.

More Growth in Christ
Deeper Understanding of His Most Holy Word.
Getting closer to being the person He created me to be and doing what He has planned for me to do.

Oh and go fishing soon . Never fished in this state yet. Lol for fish that is.
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to learn to deal with my run a muck emotions in a way that is not destructive to myself or others.
Why learn to deal with it, when God can set you free from it?
I don't mean any disrespect at all, it just tears at my heart when people believe they have to learn to deal with things.

Will be Praying !!!
Blessings
FCJ

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This kind of anxiety comes from a lack of faith and it really annoys me.

Odd -- this is akin to a few months ago when I had been emailing my gf that "I am worried about this -- I worried about that"; and she replied that to WORRY indicates a LACK OF FAITH

So - immediate, short term and long term goal -- MORE FAITH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to start with going 100 days without drinking soft drinks. I'm going to have to get used to water now.

You can do it, because I did it too, and I'm easily addicted to absolutely everything. There is one energy drink here in Europe that I drank like crazy, about 2 cans a day for 15 years. Also I drank soda all the time. I almost never drank anything that wasn't harmful to me, at least in normal quantities.

1+ years without buying soda or energy drinks. Replaced it with mineral water, water and sometimes juice. My weight has gone down. I used to be around 100kg, now I'm about 78.

If it helps, you can keep a buddy diary about it with me. Just send a conversation PM and we'll list what we drank that day, and talk some crap on the side!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Wow! What a gorgeous message to receive from you, now faith!

Everyone, check out this video and lyrics, a real gift to the heart:

Jordan Smith

Stand in the light and be seen as we are
Didn't I tell you I hear what you say?
Never look back as you're walking away
Carry the music, the memories and keep them inside
You
Laugh every day
Don't stop those tears from falling
Down

This is who I am inside
This is who I am, I'm not gonna to hide
Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far
To stand in the light and be seen as we are
So stand in the light and be seen as we are

Read more: Jordan Smith - Stand In The Light Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^ Has anyone been brave enough to have as their goal to be themselves, to be "seen in the light?"

Yep that is what I promised Jesus when I was still stuck down in my pit - I promised Him I be an open book to anyone hurting hell or otherwise.

I think Jesus likes it very much when we dare to shout from the roof tops all we have in Christ, what you reckon sis?

Upvote 0