• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ready, set, GOAL !

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep that is what I promised Jesus when I was still stuck down in my pit - I promised Him I be an open book to anyone hurting hell or otherwise.

I think Jesus likes it very much when we dare to shout from the roof tops all we have in Christ, what you reckon sis?

wow! (((HUGS)))

Yes, He does @Jeshu -we shall bear witness to the truth that sets us free!

We shall encourage one another

We shall carry each other

Let us rejoice and make a joyful noise

Let us dance before the L-ord.

One of my long term goals is to witness in real life!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wow! (((HUGS)))

Nothing better than meeting family!

Psalm 133
How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!

It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
even life for evermore.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Odd -- this is akin to a few months ago when I had been emailing my gf that "I am worried about this -- I worried about that"; and she replied that to WORRY indicates a LACK OF FAITH

So - immediate, short term and long term goal -- MORE FAITH.

Best make sure you understand that worry is not just a faith issue brother. A bit of a red herring really thinking that i found out. Rather a fear (death) lives in you because wrong still has dwelling there and wrong doesn't want you to find the lie making it so, so the liar makes you worry through casting his fears on you and gets you to run around chasing your tail trying not to worry while all you need to do is love God and yourself as well as everyone else and your worries will all be over in a flash!

For that help for to love God above all, and neighbour, as well as yourself, casts out fear, and will you to stop worrying. So in your worrying self hang onto Christ with all you got and let His loving truth show you where the fear has hold on you in that part of your life and then things will begin to clear up fast enough I'm sure and faith will surely follow.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is everyone doing on their goals from last week?

any barriers to achieving them?

I was also just wondering how everyone was doing. I stopped getting alerts for this thread (don't know why) so I had missed some good content.

My goal was to surrender fully to God and stop trying to control things. I have made some progress but still doing some of The Things™. I have a bi-annual social event coming up (Saturday) which I always dread and is a known trigger for me. I am aware of it though so I am doing okay. I am really trying to let go and let God.

^ Has anyone been brave enough to have as their goal to be themselves, to be "seen in the light?"

I have been dodging fb messages from an atheist friend of mine for a while now. This morning I prayed about it and replied that my desert years are over and that I am doing well because I am back on the spiritual path. It is always awkward to 'come out' but that's just some ego thing (because I know he will be rolling his eyes).

How is everyone else doing?

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Chosen_and_blessed , thanks for asking

go to the top of this column and click on "watch thread" to make sure you get all alerts to this thread.

I avoid things that trigger me as I'm really fragile right now. I really cant afford to insert myself intentionally into anything that will set things off for me. The price is too high.

I sometimes wonder if the peeps I know who want to engage in drama are seeking to get a zap to their central nervous system or CNS?

Maybe they feel tired, bored and listless, so chaos and drama help with that?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My goal is to learn to heed our Lord 24/7 i find that so hard to do when i'm struggling and need to become stronger holding onto His love when i'm devoid of His truth within myself ruling the moments.

Any one support me in prayer to achieve this is much appreciated.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if the peeps I know who want to engage in drama are seeking to get a zap to their central nervous system or CNS?

I think you are right about drama, it is a very short term cure for boredom and is probably addictive.
Life without faith is basically like doing jail time; anything, even something bad, is better than the monotony of pointless existence and rotting away. Like Plato's allegory of the cave: we can sit and watch the shadows flickering on the cave walls or we can get up and leave the stupid cave!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lets work on some goal setting; short term, long tem, baby steps, etc.....
I like it.

My goal is to get my spare bedroom setup so my good friend who lives 35 min out of town can come stay in town on their days off and hang with their old friends since they just moved farther away.

Since it's been my catch all room for a while, I need to go through, organize and get rid of some stuff. Lot's of work and I hope to finish by next weekend.

It's true when they say it gets worse before it gets better. Ugh. I need to keep going though.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you are right about drama, it is a very short term cure for boredom and is probably addictive.
Life without faith is basically like doing jail time; anything, even something bad, is better than the monotony of pointless existence and rotting away. Like Plato's allegory of the cave: we can sit and watch the shadows flickering on the cave walls or we can get up and leave the stupid cave!
You know what else I think about drama, is that some people like to create 'non-important' situations so they have their time occupied and don't have to deal with important things.

I think it can be a defense mechanism for being so busy, nothing important gets done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what else I think about drama, is that some people like to create 'non-important' situations so they have their time occupied and don't have to deal with important things.

I think it can be a defense mechanism for being so busy, nothing important gets done.

A lot of people who have been badly hurt or traumatized get such drama all the time without any ability to anything about until they learn to understand how to let Jesus fix the hurt and trauma living in them. I know from experience this is true.

So when you see people making a big drama pray they find RIP in their lives for what has gone wrong there, and pray for where they are hurting, not to one making the drama so to speak, such an approach works very much better than being angry or annoyed or worse hate people for making a drama or fool out of themselves with their run away emotions. For they may not know you do but they still feel it, that is how satan spreads his darkness around among us. This is what Jesus is more and more replacing with his good life in my life, i'm very thankful about that.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A lot of people who have been badly hurt or traumatized get such drama all the time without any ability to anything about until they learn to understand how to let Jesus fix the hurt and trauma living in them. I know from experience this is true.

So when you see people making a big drama pray they find RIP in their lives for what has gone wrong there, and pray for where they are hurting, not to one making the drama so to speak, such an approach works very much better than being angry or annoyed or worse hate people for making a drama or fool out of themselves with their run away emotions. For they may not know you do but they still feel it, that is how satan spreads his darkness around among us. This is what Jesus is more and more replacing with his good life in my life, i'm very thankful about that.
I'm thankful for God in my life too. Having God and resting on His promises have brought me through much turmoil.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm thankful for God in my life too. Having God and resting on His promises have brought me through much turmoil.

So very glad to hear that. Isn't his loving truth very greatest? I reckon especially where i hurt badly His love is uniquely beautiful, i have learned to love Jesus so much for deliverance, though i'm not there yet, a long road having been severely traumatized for so many years by psychosis seeping past trauma, force fed me a lot of darkness unfortunately. Yet Jesus is Good I trust Him to get me out. He has done already so much in my life and lifted me up out of my pit on level ground. I know He loves me true, that gives so much confidence fighting bad life.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
wow! (((HUGS)))

Amen prayers for your long term goals to become your now.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I like it.

My goal is to get my spare bedroom setup so my good friend who lives 35 min out of town can come stay in town on their days off and hang with their old friends since they just moved farther away.

Since it's been my catch all room for a while, I need to go through, organize and get rid of some stuff. Lot's of work and I hope to finish by next weekend.

It's true when they say it gets worse before it gets better. Ugh. I need to keep going though.

Ah yes I can relate,my garage needs cleared to put a second truck in it.
It looks impossible ,but I have storage bins and when I have a whole day I will tackle it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I think the point that I was trying to make is that I think most people have a drama or conflict meter in that is where there comfort level is. My ex-husband loved conflict, thrived on it because it made him feel powerful to get one over on someone else or 'win' in his mind.

So those who desire more conflict will create it. That is my point.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah yes I can relate,my garage needs cleared to put a second truck in it.
It looks impossible ,but I have storage bins and when I have a whole day I will tackle it.
I am thinking about recruiting some people. Like a "come help me move some stuff around and play cards in the afternoon" get together.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the point that I was trying to make is that I think most people have a drama or conflict meter in that is where there comfort level is. My ex-husband loved conflict, thrived on it because it made him feel powerful to get one over on someone else or 'win' in his mind.

So those who desire more conflict will create it. That is my point.

Yes i understand that some people love being wrong and don't care about the hurt they cause - that our Lord Jesus get rid of all these sons and daughters of lawlessness ruling human hearts and raise the true person killed instead before our astonished eyes one day, loving true, for i don't what else to do about that either fro it certainly wrong to give our good life to those good life killers in disguise, though some foolish people demand we do that, neither should we mistake them for our loved ones, rather bad life within them has killed our loved ones and the wicked are ruling instead.

Best pray and send your love to the one hurting bad life, not the one making more bad life, rather curse that one in the name of Jesus and so love true even if he doesn't. (we can't loose doing when we hold onto His love honestly true, though sin might take some time to die. out.)

Peace.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Lets work on some goal setting; short term, long tem, baby steps, etc.....

short term -- start reading the Bible again
Bible NLT.jpg

long term -- get into the habit of reading the Bible every day.
Become a case worker, licensed counselor, or licensed therapist
Jesus_Christ_Our_Reason_For_Hope_637_637.jpg

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recently, my new therapist wants to go over some of my SA's and help me deal with the fallout of those happenings and there may be the ability to make an official report or more.

The goal being to even bring a voice to it, to acknowledge it to tell the truth into the open air and out of the darkness.

Some health care practitioners are very ill people, if not possessing of some kind of evil inside of them. What would cause them to assault a patient?

Its just unfathomable.

Right now I just am trying to focus on my breathing to stop the extreme muscle tension from holding all of this inside my muscle memory.

Trying to do any relaxation exercises is really really hard for me.

Upvote 0