Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This post is based on the false notion that belief in a pre-trib rapture is "escapism." It is actually based on an honest persuasion that this is what the scriptures actually teach.

The hard truth is, that although the scriptures very plainly say that there will be an event that we call "the rapture," they simply do not say when it will take place, in regard to other events prophesied for the end times. So all positions on the timing of the rapture are based on interpretation.

I am thoroughly persuaded that even a mediocre understanding of the prophetic scriptures makes a belief in the pre-trib rapture absolutely necessary. For the end time scenario in the prophetic scriptures is simply not about the church. It is about God's discipline of his rebellious people the Jews, and the program He has designed to finally bring them to repentance, so He will be able to justly keep the ancient promises he made to their ancestors.

Our God has not only revealed the plan to us, but has flatly declared that it will work, that the final result will be that they will finally repent and turn back to himself.

It is well and undeniably scientifically and mathematically established that we are all "Jews" genetically; and it is well and undeniably Scripturally established that the ancient promises are fulfilled in and inherited by Christ and those who are in Christ (Galatians 3:16,28,29; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Romans 8:17; Hebrews 1:1,2).

Similarly, it is well and undeniably established that the Church experiences tribulation, as it always has, until its final deliverance; and that God can and will sustain even rapture wimps through it.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is a very simple and absolute answer to this question, our Lord's answer to the thief on the cross.

"Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:43
But Jesus didn't immediately go to heaven or 'paradise'.
He descended into hell....according to the Apostles creed.

What Jesus said to the thief, was a promise, like all we Christians have, as He said in John 3:16. That our names would be in the Book of Life and we would receive immortality at the GWT Judgement.
Your premise also contradicts the very Word's of Jesus; John 3:13 No one goes to heaven, except the One who came from there.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because there Has been and still is currently; a gap.
The 69th 'week' ended with Jesus being 'cut off'. Daniel 9:25-26 There has not yet been a seven year period of time that matches what is prophesied for that last 'week'.
We see in Revelation, where there are several periods that relate to each half of that 'week', leading up to the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. We await their fulfilment.

No recognized historical scholar of the true Church other than Irenaeus and his protege Hippolytus espoused a gap; and their postulated 500-year postponement came and went uneventfully.

There was no further postponement gap delusion seen in the Church until the 19th century.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pre-Tribbers are not Pre-Tribbers because of 'escapism' - but because of how they interpret the Scriptures - I used to be one.

I came to reject the idea of a "GAP" between 69th and 70th week of Daniel -- the idea that "the Prophetic Clock STOPPED" and awaits a resuming and final shauvim with a rebuilt temple and renewed animal sacrifices was eventually more than I could take in.

Forecasted times for Israel - such as sojourn in Egypt (about 400 years) and the 70 years captivity in Babylon -- they ran CONCURRENTLY and CONSECUTIVELY, no gaps.

Why shouldn't Daniels entire 70 shauvim be viewed the same way?
Interesting post.

I had a website saved from way back in 2008 concerning Daniel, [but it is no longer available].

Here is all I copied from it [LLoJ head slaps himself for not copying the whole page]:

quote:
You see if you read Daniel's prophecy it states that 'an anointed prince' would be swept away and then the one who killed him would 'enter a seven year covenant' and practice all sorts of abominations, and, as it states in an even more jarring and incongruous fashion, 'the end of the world would come swiftly like a flood.'
All this is rather 'jarring' to read, and does leave a person scratching their heads, wondering what is wrong with this picture.

A doctrine of the 'revived Roman empire' was then concocted, and at the time this happens, the clock will start ticking again and that last bit of prophecy will finally be fulfilled.
This might explain chapter nine, if you choose to accept such nimble interpretation, but another excuse would have to be cooked up for chapters 10 to 12, for it is self evident that in this source (written in the second century in response to Antiochus IV) the world did not end immediately after Antiochus despoiled Jerusalem and the temple, Michael was not outraged enough to promptly end the world.
This 'clock' must have 'stopped ticking' as well, awaiting the awakening and the rise of the 'revived Selucid Greek empire' at which time it will finally be fulfilled.

This would, of course, require ending the world twice (once to Revive the Romans and thus salvage chapter 9, and a second go at it to revive the Greeks and salvage chapter 12.

Whether or not we can all tolerate suffering through two ends of the world is a good question, but this would be required to salvage the doctrine of 'Biblical inerrancy.'...................

As a final point I have to ask how, after those early churches embarrassed everyone by reading Daniel in an uncritical way and being gullible about the Bible, and prophecy in particular, you really have to wonder why any other modern church would want to do the same thing, repeat the same mistake, and embarrass themselves in the same way as those early churches did.
It turns out that there are certain things you can learn by not taking the Bible literally all the time, and this lesson is certainly one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ and jgr
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And so the disagreements about Daniel's 4th kingdom continue...

some paint the 4 as

Babylon
Medes
Persia
Greece

as opposed to

Babylon
Medo-Persia
Greece
Rome

One thing we are told is "in the days of the 4th kingdom, God will set up his own kingdom, which will have no end"

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

some paint the 4 as

Babylon
Medes
Persia
Greece

as opposed to

Babylon
Medo-Persia
Greece
Rome

One thing we are told is "in the days of the 4th kingdom, God will set up his own kingdom, which will have no end"

Since God through His Son set up His kingdom during the Roman empire, "as opposed to" paints it right.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's the only way I can take it, jgr, that Rome is 4th and Christ's kingdom is set up then -- we are in it.

Going to the introduction of Daniel is the first place I turn when seeing a Bible I haven't seen before; the commentary notes will be liberal if Daniel is portrayed not as a real guy in Babylonian exile times, and the writing date is set in time of Antiochus Epiphanes.

The notes will be conservative if the setting is in Babylonian/Medo-Persian times with Daniel as a real guy.

The thing is -- the '70 weeks' is an amazingly accurate prophecy -- regardless of whether 200 or 500 years before Christ.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

some paint the 4 as

Babylon
Medes
Persia
Greece

as opposed to

Babylon
Medo-Persia
Greece
Rome

Perhaps we should create a separate Daniel thread?
I will post this then withdraw from this thread. It was fun.....

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3120&t=KJV
3120 Yavan yaw-vawn' probably from the same as 3196; effervescing (i.e. hot and active);
Javan, the name of a son of Joktan, and of the race (Ionians, i.e. Greeks) descended from him, with their territory; also of a place in Arabia:--Javan.
Strong's Number H3120 matches the Hebrew יָוָן (Yavan), which occurs 11 times in 11 verses.

Daniel 11:2
And-now Truth I-shall-tell to-you. Behold! Yet 3 Kings, ones-standing to-Parac.
And-the-4th, he-shall-be-enriched riches, great, from-all.
And-as-to-be-strenghthed in-his-riches, he-shall-rouse the-all Kingdom-of Yavan/Greece [Zech 9:13].

Would be nice to identify this King in Reve 9:11 [ironic about that "9 11"]

Reve 9:11
They are having upon of them, King--the Messenger of the Abyss--
a name to him, to Hebrew, Abaddon,
and in the Greecian/ellhnikh <1673> name he is having Apollyon/Destroyer/apo-lluwn <623>

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But Jesus didn't immediately go to heaven or 'paradise'.
He descended into hell....according to the Apostles creed.

What Jesus said to the thief, was a promise, like all we Christians have, as He said in John 3:16. That our names would be in the Book of Life and we would receive immortality at the GWT Judgement.
Your premise also contradicts the very Word's of Jesus; John 3:13 No one goes to heaven, except the One who came from there.
So - you are saying that what Jesus promised was not true?
And your translation of John 3:13 is incorrect. The Greek word you render "goes to" is "anabebeken," which literally translates as "has ascended," not "ascends," or "will ascend."

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is well and undeniably scientifically and mathematically established that we are all "Jews" genetically; and it is well and undeniably Scripturally established that the ancient promises are fulfilled in and inherited by Christ and those who are in Christ (Galatians 3:16,28,29; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Romans 8:17; Hebrews 1:1,2).

Similarly, it is well and undeniably established that the Church experiences tribulation, as it always has, until its final deliverance; and that God can and will sustain even rapture wimps through it.

The ancient promises included absolutely all of the house of Israel again inhabiting their ancient homeland, precisely defined borders for that homeland, and the eventual conversion of everyone living there. There is absolutely no way to rationally pretend that any of these have ever happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ancient promises included absolutely all of the house of Israel again inhabiting their ancient homeland, precisely defined borders for that homeland, and the eventual conversion of everyone living there. There is absolutely no way to rationally pretend that any of these have ever happened.

You seem to have overlooked the word "all".

You seem to have overlooked that in the whole of Scripture, it is only the Son who is identified as the heir of all things. As God's only Son, He is God's only Heir, in God's New Will and Testament. God has willed the entirety of His Estate to His Son alone.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 (KJV)
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. Just following the bible and I am comforted by the notion of the rapture. Until then I occupy, according to the grace God has given me. If you disagree that is fine. If I am wrong, that is fine with me too. We may not know in our lifetime's anyway. What I don't understand is how the Mike Bickle types seem to disregard non-rapture believers. We all work to get other's saved and in the kingdom. My view of the end times makes very little difference to the Great Commission.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So - you are saying that what Jesus promised was not true?
And your translation of John 3:13 is incorrect. The Greek word you render "goes to" is "anabebeken," which literally translates as "has ascended," not "ascends," or "will ascend."
Peter tells us where Jesus went after He died: 1 Peter 3:18-19
He didn't Ascend to heaven until several days later.
Using the thief on the Cross as a 'rapture' proof, is just another false teaching made to support the first lie.
Right; those Promises have not yet happened.
But now you must identify who the House of Israel are today.
Do not think that the current inhabitants of the holy Land have any claim to that name.
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Hello Richard T.
You are new here and normally anyone new to anywhere, they take care to say something we don't already know or promote a new concept.
Your old teaching of a 'rapture to heaven' has been well worked over here. I totally refute it and I do so because the Bible never says such a thing as people going to live in heaven. In fact Jesus Himself refutes it; John 3:13 and in many other scriptures.
Your quote refers to the glorious Return of Jesus, when He will send out His angels to gather His own people. Matthew 24:31 tells it plainly. It is a transportation from one earthly place to another. Jesus' will meet His people in the clouds; all those who have kept their faith during the testing times, as prophesied before His Return.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Noah, the time of Noah, Jesus compares the end with. Noah was rescued from God's wrath, right at the end, when the rain started, God seals the door to the ark and kept them safe. But wrath and tribulation are not really the same things. Believers will not experience God's wrath, but they will experience tribulations, that are come from God's enemies. You can not escape from all tribulation and expect to live a godly life in Christ. It does not say if Noah was made fun of or abused by the wicked that was all around him. He had to build that big ark, so most likely received a lot of verbal abuse. And Peter said Noah was a preacher of righteousness. Those born of the Spirit are persecuted by those born of the flesh.

No rapture to heaven, just a rapture at the end as a gathering of the saints when Christ returns at the end when He destroys with an eternal destruction the wicked, and the saints inherit the earth and it's kingdoms, read Daniel 7.

Galatians 4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Daniel 7, is in the future still, partly fulfilled and partly not, we are in the middle here. v21, v24 - v27 have not happened yet. That happens at the end of this age with the return of Christ.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22 until the ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High, and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all the kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And as for the ten horns, out of this kingdom shall ten kings arise: and another shall arise after them; and he shall be diverse from the former, and he shall put down three kings.

25 And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High; and he shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and half a time.

26 But the judgment shall be set, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and the dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High: his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You seem to have overlooked the word "all".

You seem to have overlooked that in the whole of Scripture, it is only the Son who is identified as the heir of all things. As God's only Son, He is God's only Heir, in God's New Will and Testament. God has willed the entirety of His Estate to His Son alone.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
I did not neglect this at all. Israel will inherit these things through faith in Jesus, in the same way that we receive our inheritance in Him.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ancient promises included absolutely all of the house of Israel again inhabiting their ancient homeland, precisely defined borders for that homeland, and the eventual conversion of everyone living there.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Are you claiming that every person living within a certain geographic location of thousands of square miles will come to faith in Christ, during a future time?

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Are you claiming that every person living within a certain geographic location of thousands of square miles will come to faith in Christ, during a future time?
I am not claiming this. I am simply pointing out that the Bible says this.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not neglect this at all. Israel will inherit these things through faith in Jesus, in the same way that we receive our inheritance in Him.
Israel is genetically in all of us. Are we all heirs, saint and sinner alike?

Upvote 0