✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zzub said:
BTW, no one should be concerned the word rapture is not in the Bible.

The word God is not in the Bible. The Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek. No English words are in the Bible. It is all a matter of the choice and wisdom of a translator.

Cheers,
|ZZ|

You are correct, the word "rapture" is not used in the Bible. Rapture is the English word used by some to translate the word "harpazo" that is used in scripture. The word was translated as "caught up" and is used 4 times in the NT.

NT:726
harpazo (har-pad'-zo); from a derivative of NT:138; to sieze (in various applications):

KJV - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

2 Co 12:2-4
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
KJV
Rv 12:5
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
KJV

This verse is about the "rapture" another word for "caught up".

1 Th 4:17
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV
:)

Upvote 0

CrazyforYeshua

Blessed by the Best!!
Dec 4, 2005
Ohio
✟11,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
J4Jesus said:
Revelation 4 the church is caught up to be with the Lord

I think that is one of the key things for me. If the church were on the earth after chapter 4, wouldn't we be mentioned? Wouldn't there be instruction, or comfort given? There isn't, which leads me to believe, we're not gonna be here.

Reactions: J4Jesus
Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible CLEARLY states, that the dead in Christ and then the living, will be raised to meet Jesus in the air,at the second comming.This event takes place after the tribulation,but before the wrath.A pre trib rapture that most believe in would be the second comming,making the one written about a third comming.Pre trib is a scriptural add on.Frankly, I see it as a very dangerous doctrin.I can imagine many giving up their faith to maintain their life,just as it's written.Pray for faith.We will need it.Pray for courage,we will need that also.Do not take anything in your hand,no matter what the cost.

Upvote 0

iafic

May 20, 2006
Sarasota FL
✟16,008.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Andrew said:
Ok, I know you don't believe in the Bible Codes but no need to be sarcastic.

hey thanks andrew...I was a little taken by his response. Just to say I have guy I know who works the code. what he has found has really brought some of my friends to their knees. The code seems to prove to them that the Bible is real and how deep God really is. I haven't seen ANY negative reactions to it. it has only seemed to put proof and power to the validity of the Word. and it also seems to confirm my beliefs on scriptures that I have known to be true many years, but people argue them. I think the code is a great witnessing tool. I have used it to show to several people the reality and wisdom of God. it's proof positive to me!:amen:

Holly

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2006
✟9,707.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
iafic said:
hey thanks andrew...I was a little taken by his response. Just to say I have guy I know who works the code. what he has found has really brought some of my friends to their knees. The code seems to prove to them that the Bible is real and how deep God really is. I haven't seen ANY negative reactions to it. it has only seemed to put proof and power to the validity of the Word. and it also seems to confirm my beliefs on scriptures that I have known to be true many years, but people argue them. I think the code is a great witnessing tool. I have used it to show to several people the reality and wisdom of God. it's proof positive to me!:amen:

Holly

Praise God!:)

Upvote 0