Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think there's a couple of verses that might support "the rapture". But mostly I think people focus too much on "the end times".

Or focus too much on the mechanics of the endtimes. We should all be focused on Jesus' return, but the mechanics (ie post trib, pre trib, etc) I'm not sure its all that important.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
bstow said:
Hey WOFers:

Would you mind sharing your ideas about the rapture?

Personally, I have a problem with the popular idea that it will be chaos. All of us disappearing at once, car crashes, plane crashes, etc.

What do you see from scripture?:)
I rarely use terms not in the Bible, but some people use certain words, terms, of things that ARE taught in the Word of God , such as "second coming" "trinity" "millinium", "demons" etc , which are words that are not in there.

See my thread on this forum CAUGHT UP

Upvote 0

Tatu

May 5, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,133.00
Marital Status
Private
Whatever Hilton Sutton thinks.

Combined with some Jack Van Impe.

:D I know you wanted scripture, but God hasn't really put it on my heart to study this at all yet. I feel like I have more important things to focus on right now.

I must admit that the kingdom now / dominionists were really appealing to me in their eschatolog. They don't think Jesus is coming back until Christians have slowly taken over the planet, slowly, generation by generation (even if it takes 1000 generations). Until we have walked in our rightful authority and subdued the earth to be a footstool for His feet.

It's only appealed to me because they're right about dominion. Of course they go about dominion all wrong, using law/theonomy, money and politics instead of selfless love. But it was an interesting theory to look into. I never bought into it, and I was never influenced by it.

So anyway.
  • pretrib rap. First Christian bodies resurrected, then Christians caught up. Possibly only hot people will be raptured (no one lukewarm or cold, or nonsexy jk).
  • america never part of the antichrist's kingdom. (I dont think every nation has to be in it, just many. America will be pro-israel forever.)
  • 1000 year kingdom afterwards. We all get awarded areas to rule over. Earth never destroyed. (Unsaved survivors of tribulation exist, and they have families and generations during the 1000 yr reign --- i don't know what happens to them. But they have normal bodies and stuff.)
And no scripture to back any of that up except what I've passingly seen on Hilton Sutton and Van Impe DVD's about Revelations!! Hahaha.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
i am pre-trib, happens while people go about their daily business (two in the field working, one is taken the other left behind). so yes there could be cars without drivers, etc.

God has left ample instruction and opportunity for people to choose to believe and be saved, but there comes a time when all is ready and will go ahead, as scheduled by God the Father.

those who are left behind will still have access to the bible and can be saved if they choose to be, but it will be much harder for them because they will not have the Holy Spirit here to instruct and counsel them.

The Holy Spirit (friend of the bridegroom) will be in heaven at the marriage of the Lamb (Jesus) to the raptured church, his bride. That marriage and subsequent marriage feast takes place up in heaven while down below here on earth the tribulation happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe in a pre trib rapture but I also believe that believers are going to have to go through a lot and even be killed for their faith. I also believe that the true bride will be a lot smaller than most think and everyone will not go in the rapture only the true bride whichwill be from all denominations. A bride has an intinmate loving relationship with her husband, weants to be close to Him, obeys him, this is why I think it will be a lot smaller than people think especially here in the states

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
bill16652 said:
I believe in a pre trib rapture but I also believe that believers are going to have to go through a lot and even be killed for their faith. I also believe that the true bride will be a lot smaller than most think and everyone will not go in the rapture only the true bride whichwill be from all denominations. A bride has an intinmate loving relationship with her husband, weants to be close to Him, obeys him, this is why I think it will be a lot smaller than people think especially here in the states

works.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
bstow said:
Hey WOFers:

Would you mind sharing your ideas about the rapture?

Personally, I have a problem with the popular idea that it will be chaos. All of us disappearing at once, car crashes, plane crashes, etc.

What do you see from scripture?:)

I see 2 Thess 2:1 as describing the catching up of the saints, and verse three "the day of the lord" as being a seperate event, which is the return of Christ to earth as in Revelation 19:11 where He comes on a white Horse to set up His 1000 year reign.

Anyone else read it that way, the catching up first, and later the return to earth with His Saints ?

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
franky67 said:
I see 2 Thess 2:1 as describing the catching up of the saints, and verse three "the day of the lord" as being a seperate event, which is the return of Christ to earth as in Revelation 19:11 where He comes on a white Horse to set up His 1000 year reign.

Anyone else read it that way, the catching up first, and later the return to earth with His Saints ?
Yes, exactly and lets not forget the marriage supper of the lamb which I believe is during tribulation and why I believe in a pre trib catching up

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is an outline of what I think will happen.

When Jesus comes in the clouds where we are to meet Him.

Ø The dead in Christ receive their glorified bodies.

Ø Those of us who are alive and remain, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye are changed. That change is; our bodies are instantly changed to a glorified body.

Ø We remain on the earth for 40 days and it is in that time that we do the works and greater works, we are without spot or wrinkle, we are a glorious church.

Ø The last revival is on BIG TIME!

Ø At the end of the 40 days we rise to meet Him in the air.

Ø The age of grace comes to an end.

Ø The tribulation starts within a few days.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
bill16652 said:
Yes, exactly and lets not forget the marriage supper of the lamb which I believe is during tribulation and why I believe in a pre trib catching up

Yes, in 19:7, seem to fall together that during the 7 years that all hell breaks out here, the marriage of the Lamb takes place.

Now read Rev. 20:4,5 and tell me what you think the "first resurection" means there, to me the beheaded ones are those who didn't take the mark, they came to life and reigned with Christ for that 1000 years, but they aren't a part of the Bride.

So, to me, this is what God is calling the first resurrection, but the way it is written, it sounds that the ones raised to judgement after the 1000 years, this seems to be called the first resurrection.. ??

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
franky67 said:
Yes, in 19:7, seem to fall together that during the 7 years that all hell breaks out here, the marriage of the Lamb takes place.

Now read Rev. 20:4,5 and tell me what you think the "first resurection" means there, to me the beheaded ones are those who didn't take the mark, they came to life and reigned with Christ for that 1000 years, but they aren't a part of the Bride.

So, to me, this is what God is calling the first resurrection, but the way it is written, it sounds that the ones raised to judgement after the 1000 years, this seems to be called the first resurrection.. ??
Depends on where you put the accent at I read it as the first resurrection and those thatb are a part will not taste death again and will reign with Christ as priests in the millenial after the thousand years the rest, the ungodly are raised. The bride is caught up and taken away so the ones this refers to is the ones as you said that refuse the mark and those that all thru history who have overcome.

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Pdugeon said:
i am pre-trib, happens while people go about their daily business (two in the field working, one is taken the other left behind). so yes there could be cars without drivers, etc.

I heard Jack van Impe on this...he said that verse refers to diseases.

And on cars withouth drivers and such, my former pastor, Dr. Roy Hicks Sr., did a sermon on that. He said the Holy Spirit would alert everyone at least in their heart of hearts, so that it would work out so that there wouldn't be mass chaos as in the Left Behind series version...

I dunno...that's if I recall what he said correctly...something like that...

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
bill16652 said:

believers are going to have to go through a lot and even be killed for their faith

I here this a lot and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think that this thinking that believers are going to have to go through a lot and even be killed for their faith is very American, European, etc type thinking, because in many many countries Christains are suffering and dying for their faith as we speak. The "free" nations are about the only ones where christians aren't suffering for their faith.

Upvote 0