Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In 1997, I had the following dream. I have to say that the effects of this dream left me permanently changed. I will never be the same again, thank God.

I was walking around at an outdoor marketplace. The sky was overcast, and threatening rain. As we rounded the end of a row of tables, I heard something. There was no audible sound, but somehow I heard it. I looked up to the sky, and saw an area of cloud, now the pink color of clouds at sunset, beginning to swirl around, as if a tornado was forming. I knew immediately that it was the rapture. I said the only audible word that was said during the whole dream, “YES!” As the funnel cloud dropped out of the sky, I barely noticed the crowd, but I did notice that almost all of the people around me were frozen – as if time had stopped.
I began first walking, then running towards the tower of cloud. There were a few people doing the same. When I got to within three feet of the cloud, I leapt into it as hard as I could jump.

I found myself rotating in the light, slowly ascending, my arms outstretched, my head thrown back. The light was indescribable. It was brighter than the sun, a brilliant color – the closest I can say is yellow, but it was deeper than that. It was more than light. It was a physical substance. The light was what was lifting us. I somehow knew that I could concentrate on a single cell in my body, and feel the gentle pressure of the light lifting me. My heart was so full of this light, I couldn’t breath, and I could tell my heart was almost bursting with it, but there was no discomfort. With my face turned skyward, I closed my eyes, thrilling in the feeling of the love of Christ, which I instinctively knew was the light. Even with my eyes closed, the light was so bright that I could see the shadows of others being lifted, too.

When I opened my eyes, we were standing together before a barely-visible stand or podium. It was barely visible because there was a gentle fog covering everything. I heard something, not audible, but in my heart. It made my heart leap, and I knew that whatever was just said was me. Not Susan, not sister, daughter, wife, mother. The real me, who I am inside. Somehow, that word encompassed everything about me that was important, real. But for some reason, there is a blankness there in my memory – I have no idea what it sounded like. I held out my hand, and was given a small white stone with writing on it. I can almost see that writing, but it’s as if it is just on the edge of my memory. What was written on that stone was the same word that was spoken, my name.

As dreams will do, I found myself suddenly somewhere else. I was in a small room, sitting on the end of a bed. It was almost like a small hotel room. There was a door and window with closed blinds on my left. Around this door and window, the light that brought me here was shining brightly. I wanted desperately to run through that door, but something held me back.
On the right was another door with no light around it. I walked to the lit door, then knew that I couldn’t go through it, not yet. I turned and walked through the other door.

I was on a long balcony, one with no railing. About two feet below the floor of the balcony was cloud. Someone came up to me. It was an older man, maybe in his 60’s, wearing khaki pants and a plaid flannel shirt. He had a sweet, peaceful face under the fishing hat he was wearing. He smiled at me, and we sat down to talk, our legs kicking up poufs of clouds occasionally. No words were said, just thoughts and feelings from heart to heart. I don’t remember a lot of the conversation. I remember being sad, knowing it was time to go. The man smiled, and I heard a promise that I would be back and never have to leave again. (Again, none of this was audible.) I sighed, and nodded. He bowed his head to pray, putting his hand on my forehead to bless me. I closed my eyes, then slowly opened them in my own bedroom.

What convinces me that it was more than a dream was my reaction. I immediately thought, “NO!” I closed my eyes, hoping I could return. I was in shock. It felt like this world was the dream. Everything looked bland, muted, as if I were looking through a dirty window. The colors were almost gray-scale, they lacked any depth. My house, the whole world, looked two-dimensional, as if my sense of perspective had been skewed. I remember running into the door or wall more than once. This lasted for almost a week.
My heart was full of love and joy, but also full of sadness at having to leave. My emotions were numb. I literally walked around in a daze for three or four days. I didn’t hear people when they spoke to me, and when they got my attention, I had to make an effort to understand them. I looked at my husband and children and felt nothing. The love that I had been shown was so overpowering that my family might as well have been blades of grass. It’s not that I didn’t care about them – but all I wanted was to go back to where I had been. For months, as soon as I turned the car on, I checked the digital compass to see which way east was. I almost had several wrecks, trying to drive and search the eastern sky at the same time. The effects of this dream are still with me, years later.

I have also met one person, and know of at least one more, who, during times of great distress, have seen the same man that I saw. Finally, the first time I was slain in the Spirit, the light I saw was the same light that was in the dream.

Last edited:

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could meditate on your dream for hours myself. Thanks for posting it:) Experiences like this do change one's life forever. I've been telling others the same thing for years now. Seeing Heaven like you did makes this world dull and undesirable in everyway doesn't it?
Would you describe the fisherman in your dream? Did he look like Jesus or you think he is a another saint that lives in Heaven?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 1997, I had the following dream. I have to say that the effects of this dream left me permanently changed. I will never be the same again, thank God.

I was walking around at an outdoor marketplace. The sky was overcast, and threatening rain. As we rounded the end of a row of tables, I heard something. There was no audible sound, but somehow I heard it. I looked up to the sky, and saw an area of cloud, now the pink color of clouds at sunset, beginning to swirl around, as if a tornado was forming. I knew immediately that it was the rapture. I said the only audible word that was said during the whole dream, “YES!” As the funnel cloud dropped out of the sky, I barely noticed the crowd, but I did notice that almost all of the people around me were frozen – as if time had stopped.

I began first walking, then running towards the tower of cloud. There were a few people doing the same. When I got to within three feet of the cloud, I leapt into it as hard as I could jump.

I found myself rotating in the light, slowly ascending, my arms outstretched, my head thrown back. The light was indescribable. It was brighter than the sun, a brilliant color – the closest I can say is yellow, but it was deeper than that. It was more than light. It was a physical substance. The light was what was lifting us. I somehow knew that I could concentrate on a single cell in my body, and feel the gentle pressure of the light lifting me. My heart was so full of this light, I couldn’t breath, and I could tell my heart was almost bursting with it, but there was no discomfort. With my face turned skyward, I closed my eyes, thrilling in the feeling of the love of Christ, which I instinctively knew was the light. Even with my eyes closed, the light was so bright that I could see the shadows of others being lifted, too.

At this point, i want to say, "Wow!"

When I opened my eyes, we were standing together before a barely-visible stand or podium. It was barely visible because there was a gentle fog covering everything. I heard something, not audible, but in my heart. It made my heart leap, and I knew that whatever was just said was me. Not Susan, not sister, daughter, wife, mother. The real me, who I am inside. Somehow, that word encompassed everything about me that was important, real. But for some reason, there is a blankness there in my memory – I have no idea what it sounded like. I held out my hand, and was given a small white stone with writing on it. I can almost see that writing, but it’s as if it is just on the edge of my memory. What was written on that stone was the same word that was spoken, my name.

Well, it turns out this comes right from the book of Revelation, chapter 2.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’ (Revelation 2:17)

Thus, in my opinion, the dream is directly pointing you to Revelation, chapter 2. I would study it well, as the Lord is pointing you to it. After you have studied it, you can preach from it, or use what you have learned to share with others. As I'm sure the rapture is very very soon, I would encourage you as much as possible to make this a priority. I think you will be so blessed as you do.

As dreams will do, I found myself suddenly somewhere else. I was in a small room, sitting on the end of a bed. It was almost like a small hotel room. There was a door and window with closed blinds on my left. Around this door and window, the light that brought me here was shining brightly. I wanted desperately to run through that door, but something held me back.
On the right was another door with no light around it. I walked to the lit door, then knew that I couldn’t go through it, not yet. I turned and walked through the other door.

This imagery is pretty clear. First, there is the "push forward" to show you that God is going to reward you with that stone. It is given "To him who overcomes" (Revelation 2:17), so God is presenting you as an overcomer in this dream -- one who will indeed receive that stone. But then He takes you back into the world, because the stone scene is a projection only of the future, and not reality just yet. You still have a job to do, and this is what God is showing you here. There is the door with the light -- but you can't pass through that door, yet. And there is the other door -- the one that does not have the light. It's your mission to choose to minister to those who are still in bondage, who have no light. Thus, you chose the door which did not have any light. So all this is pretty clear.

I was on a long balcony, one with no railing. About two feet below the floor of the balcony was cloud. Someone came up to me. It was an older man, maybe in his 60’s, wearing khaki pants and a plaid flannel shirt. He had a sweet, peaceful face under the fishing hat he was wearing. He smiled at me, and we sat down to talk, our legs kicking up poufs of clouds occasionally. No words were said, just thoughts and feelings from heart to heart. I don’t remember a lot of the conversation. I remember being sad, knowing it was time to go. The man smiled, and I heard a promise that I would be back and never have to leave again. (Again, none of this was audible.) I sighed, and nodded. He bowed his head to pray, putting his hand on my forehead to bless me. I closed my eyes, then slowly opened them in my own bedroom.

Right. This is a commissioning. It was not just a dream, like you said. You had an encounter with the Lord (this is quite obvious). So anyone who thinks this was "just another dream" has no idea what they are talking about. What you received what a full-fledged commissioning from the Lord. And, I will tell you, I am certain the rapture is close and your time to fulfill this is drawing to a very big close. Everyone hates a date setter, but I will tell you that I have good reason to believe that you have less than six months to fulfill it.

What convinces me that it was more than a dream was my reaction. I immediately thought, “NO!” I closed my eyes, hoping I could return. I was in shock. It felt like this world was the dream. Everything looked bland, muted, as if I were looking through a dirty window. The colors were almost gray-scale, they lacked any depth. My house, the whole world, looked two-dimensional, as if my sense of perspective had been skewed. I remember running into the door or wall more than once. This lasted for almost a week.

My heart was full of love and joy, but also full of sadness at having to leave. My emotions were numb. I literally walked around in a daze for three or four days. I didn’t hear people when they spoke to me, and when they got my attention, I had to make an effort to understand them. I looked at my husband and children and felt nothing. The love that I had been shown was so overpowering that my family might as well have been blades of grass. It’s not that I didn’t care about them – but all I wanted was to go back to where I had been.

Obviously, the place is very attractive and should encourage you to want to serve the Lord even more. I will be happy to send you an important book, if you want, which I am sure will help to motivate you. Just send me a personal message and let me know. If my guess is correct, reading this book will, in fact, be as powerful an experience as your dream. No kidding. Really. This book is part two of your dream.

For months, as soon as I turned the car on, I checked the digital compass to see which way east was. I almost had several wrecks, trying to drive and search the eastern sky at the same time. The effects of this dream are still with me, years later.

This makes sense, because the call of God is still in effect. He did not withdraw it, and He expects you to fulfill it. Even now.

"... for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." (Romans 11:29)

I have also met one person, and know of at least one more, who, during times of great distress, have seen the same man that I saw. Finally, the first time I was slain in the Spirit, the light I saw was the same light that was in the dream.

Was it this man, by any chance? He also, did not speak a word!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

My heart was full of love and joy, but also full of sadness at having to leave. My emotions were numb. I literally walked around in a daze for three or four days. I didn’t hear people when they spoke to me, and when they got my attention, I had to make an effort to understand them. I looked at my husband and children and felt nothing. The love that I had been shown was so overpowering that my family might as well have been blades of grass. It’s not that I didn’t care about them – but all I wanted was to go back to where I had been. For months, as soon as I turned the car on, I checked the digital compass to see which way east was. I almost had several wrecks, trying to drive and search the eastern sky at the same time. The effects of this dream are still with me, years later.

Thanks !!!! I am reading now. :cool:

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Beautiful Dream. very vivid and and it made the spirit in me leap.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The man had on khaki pants, a red flannel plaid shirt, a fishing hat (like the one Henry Blake wore on the show MASH), and penny loafers with no socks. He was an old man, very peaceful and just emitting contentment. I don't think it was Christ - He didn't seem to be. I got the feeling that he was an angel - not like Michael, but one created to comfort.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The principle here, is that man must make his own choice, as to whether he will live for Heaven, today, or whether he will dwell in Hell; the light is always there, it is merely for men to perceive it, and not reject it, or treat it as cheap, or deny its power - if you can grasp Heaven as brilliantly as this, who can say you will not enjoy the fruits of Heaven also? it is but a short time, before we all do!

Thanks for sharing. Believe it or not, I am more satisfied with my life, having read it.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am thrilled that others are moved by this dream. I have a website (free, of course) with some stories that Christ has given me since that dream. He seems to have given me a gift of writing. I know my imagination has never been that great before.

agapepassion.weebly.com

Let me know what you think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was walking around at an outdoor marketplace. The sky was overcast, and threatening rain. As we rounded the end of a row of tables, I heard something. (What?) There was no audible sound, but somehow I heard it. I looked up to the sky, and saw an area of cloud, now the pink color of clouds at sunset, beginning to swirl around, as if a tornado was forming. I knew immediately that it was the rapture.(How) I said the only audible word that was said during the whole dream, “YES!” As the funnel cloud dropped out of the sky, I barely noticed the crowd,(Who) but I did notice that almost all of the people around me were frozen – as if time had stopped.
I began first walking, then running towards the tower of cloud. There were a few people doing the same. When I got to within three feet of the cloud, I leapt into it as hard as I could jump. ( You leaped into a spirit cloud, not knowing what it was.)

I found myself rotating in the light, slowly ascending, my arms outstretched, my head thrown back. The light was indescribable. It was brighter than the sun, a brilliant color – the closest I can say is yellow,(not white) but it was deeper than that. It was more than light. It was a physical substance.(or spiritual substance?) The light was what was lifting us. I somehow knew that I could concentrate on a single cell in my body, and feel the gentle pressure of the light lifting me. My heart was so full of this light, I couldn’t breath, and I could tell my heart was almost bursting with it, but there was no discomfort. With my face turned skyward, I closed my eyes,(why?) thrilling in the feeling of the love of Christ, which I instinctively knew (How) was the light. Even with my eyes closed, the light was so bright that I could see the shadows of others being lifted, too. (humanoid shadows, did they show their faces?)

When I opened my eyes, we were standing together before a barely-visible stand or podium. It was barely visible because there was a gentle fog covering everything.(What was the fog, hiding?) I heard something, not audible, but in my heart. It made my heart leap, and I knew that whatever was just said was me. Not Susan,( your name was taken) not sister, daughter, wife, mother. The real me, who I am inside. Somehow, that word encompassed everything about me that was important, real. But for some reason, there is a blankness there in my memory – I have no idea what it sounded like.( So the most important word, was withheld from you, why?) I held out my hand, and was given a small white stone with writing on it. I can almost see that writing, but it’s as if it is just on the edge of my memory. What was written on that stone was the same word that was spoken, my name. (The word was withheld from you again and who handed you the white stone?)

As dreams will do,( Heaven to Earth? Reverse Rapture?) I found myself suddenly somewhere else.( Where?) I was in a small room, sitting on the end of a bed. It was almost like a small hotel room. There was a door and window with closed blinds (why were they closed and what was on the other side?) on my left. Around this door and window, the light that brought me here was shining brightly. I wanted desperately to run through that door, but something held me back. (What held you from the light?)
On the right was another door with no light around it. I walked to the lit door, then knew that I couldn’t go through it, not yet. I turned and walked through the other door. ( You chose the darkness over the light, why not yet?)

I was on a long balcony, one with no railing. About two feet below the floor of the balcony was cloud. Someone (name?) came up to me. It was an older man, maybe in his 60’s, wearing khaki pants and a plaid flannel shirt. He had a sweet, peaceful face under the fishing hat he was wearing. He smiled at me, and we sat down to talk, our legs kicking up poufs of clouds occasionally. No words were said (Talk? ), just thoughts and feelings from heart to heart. I don’t remember a lot of the conversation.( if it was so import, why forget? ) I remember being sad, knowing it was time to go. The man smiled, and I heard a promise that I would be back and never have to leave again.( I thought you chose the dark door?) (Again, none of this was audible.) I sighed, and nodded. He bowed his head to pray ( to who or what?), putting his hand on my forehead to bless me.( What did he place into your mind? What Authority did he have? ) I closed my eyes, then slowly opened them in my own bedroom.

What convinces me that it was more than a dream was my reaction. I immediately thought, “NO!” I closed my eyes, hoping (Old man promise)??? I could return.( you chose the dark door.) I was in shock. It felt like this world was the dream. Everything looked bland, muted, as if I were looking through a dirty window.(Fog) The colors were almost gray-scale, they lacked any depth. My house, the whole world, looked two-dimensional, as if my sense of perspective had been skewed. I remember running into the door or wall more than once. This lasted for almost a week. ( Almost like you were in a fog)
My heart was full of love and joy, but also full of sadness at having to leave. My emotions were numb. I literally walked around in a daze for three or four days. I didn’t hear people when they spoke to me, and when they got my attention, I had to make an effort to understand them. I looked at my husband and children and felt nothing. The love that I had been shown was so overpowering that my family might as well have been blades of grass.(Themost powerful love for creation, is a Mother's for her children, Yet this was taken from you.) It’s not that I didn’t care about them – but all I wanted was to go back to where I had been.( you chose the dark door) For months, as soon as I turned the car on, I checked the digital compass to see which way east was.( I thought the Rapture was up. not east? )I almost had several wrecks, trying to drive and search the eastern sky at the same time. The effects of this dream are still with me, years later.

I have also met one person, and know of at least one more, who, during times of great distress, have seen the same man that I saw.(Did they catch the name of the image.) Finally, the first time I was slain in the Spirit, the light I saw was the same light that was in the dream. (You chose the dark door, what spirit slayed you?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could meditate on your dream for hours myself. Thanks for posting it:) Experiences like this do change one's life forever. I've been telling others the same thing for years now. Seeing Heaven like you did makes this world dull and undesirable in everyway doesn't it?
Would you describe the fisherman in your dream? Did he look like Jesus or you think he is a another saint that lives in Heaven?

Did not mention the Father in Heaven. The 10 commandments forbid any image of beings in Heaven, to be made, drawn etc. So how would any one know what Jesus looks like, except for perceived images created by man. Google the images there are thousands, each different????

Upvote 0

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Use street smarts and common sense in your dreams.

Go to Mark 15:38. There you will find the Temple of the Father in Heaven. The Temple is wide open. "Go in". If you can not ( you will know it ). Think about the door you did go though. The others are welcome to enter the door as-well. They are right, as this is a beauty of a dream and surely must be from god. It would make any spirit jump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gary, you are very full of yourself.

The way you responded to my dream, how am I supposed to answer. The answer to "who was the man" is I'm not sure. I believe now that he was an angel. And NO, not a fallen one. THe answers to why didn't I go through the bright door, is because if I had, I would have walked into heaven, and my earthly body would have died. I knew that it was not quite time for that yet.

Do you seriously see the demonic in everything? Why do you think my vision has to conform to your standards?

You, sir, are a troll.

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
gary you are a piece of work.
Do you have to turn everyone's dream into evil or nonsense? Why don't you try and prove how much you really know about dreams and God's ways?

God works in a mysterious ways and He can do whatever pleases Him. God speaks one way, He speaks another.
He reveals one way, He reveals another way. How are you a spokesperson for the visions and dreams God gives to His children?

I have yet to see you give any positive feedback to anyone. Yes some dreams are not from God, but do you have to turn everyone's dreams into bull??

And what is it with you quoting Mark 15:38??
Yes The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom and its indication of what Jesus had done with His blood. But what has that verse got to do with dreams?

So you think Jesus or God cannot reveal Himself to anyone? All the servants of God who have seen visions of God were liars and evil people?

You posts are unbelievable. Calling everyone's dreams and visions a lie is evil. Don't allow yourself to be a tool for the devil to use to destroy the faith of people. Dont become a tool for the devil like Judas iscariot did.

The Lord is watching you.

Upvote 0

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gary, in at least 9 out of 10 cases, you are posting material that should be better off left alone because it lacks any spiritual discernment. Therefore, people just ignore it. I am adding my vote to the previous two posters so that you will not think that they stand alone. It would be delusional on your part to think that anything you added in this thread has any spiritual value. It does not. While I am not at all saying you are not sincere, many deceiving lies comes spewing forth from your pen, and the following is a case in point: "ignore this dream and go though the correct door, Jesus said "it is finished" Forget, Not Yet, it is a lie." Gary, your words are a lie. Like all people who stray from the path, you are invite to repent (change your ways). But if you don't want to, then you are asked to kindly refrain from posting. Otherwise, you are easily breaking the rules and the spirit of these forums, and you will definitely be reported. Thank-you.

Upvote 0