Arizona
✟7,935.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Today at church I was thinking (I know, that's a shocker lol) about something, and it's really been on my mind a lot lately. I wanted to share it with you and see what you all think. It's not really a question, but a statement and perhaps food for thought.

First off, I am a fan of sports, particularly baseball. My dad however, is an AVID fan of both baseball, and football. Whenever we go to a game he's always that guy shouting the loudest and cheering on his team, even if their chance of victory seems slim. When it comes to church though, he simply stands there, stoic.

I love my dad a lot, but sometimes I wonder why he chooses to cheer loudly for a sports team, but when it comes to the lord our god he remains silent. I'm not saying that he doesn't believe, theres no question in his faith, but it just seems like if you were going to cheer for anything, wouldn't you want Jesus to be your main priority to cheer for. No, he didn't give us a superbowl, but I'd say that salvation is a little bit more important.

Does anyone else notice this trend, or am I just going crazy? :eek:

GarrickBrewer

Prayer Warrior
Sep 12, 2010
Winchendon Massachusetts
✟15,465.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thats a hold over from the old order of things, a lot of the older generation beleive that church is something that show be handled with silence to show respect, while we of the younger generations beleive that God is something to celebrate.

Upvote 0