Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The good news is God's power supersedes politics and what appears to be. That is, when we walk by faith and not by sight, not looking at what appears to be, we are blessed regardless of whether you even have a political affiliation. We are to, be one with God and one another walking in love and light! Love casts out fear, for with God all things are possible. Glory to God!

That's certainly what I'm seeing in the political realm these days: light & love.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I don't think we should take their alleged outrage seriously, especially when they continue to loyally support and defend Donald Trump, despite knowing full well what kind of person he is.

Did you think this outrage was about racism? Heck no. It's a gotcha.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I consider the people that defended Roseanne's racist tweets are now up in arms over the racism here, you'll have to forgive me for dismissing your faux outrage. Especially when people legitimately went full paper bag test trying to argue that Valerie Jarrett was not African American.

What people would that be that defended Rossanne's racist tweets?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
What people would that be that defended Rossanne's racist tweets?
Since I can't quote from other threads, you'll have to go to the Roseanne threads on this forum and see someone attempt to minimize the racism by going full paper bag test on Valerie Jarrett, first by denying her African American heritage, then saying she is too light for the comment to be racist.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since I can't quote from other threads, you'll have to go to the Roseanne threads on this forum and see someone attempt to minimize the racism by going full paper bag test on Valerie Jarrett, first by denying her African American heritage, then saying she is too light for the comment to be racist.

Seems to me people is a plural.

Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right. The standard is the same for all, or should be. It is just as mean and hurtful no matter who says it and certainly not good for edifying. We as believers can easily see if any thoughtfulness is behind a statement. That is why it is good to be slow to speak. Whenever you speak abruptly it reveals the heart so the person who quoted, you will no them by their fruit, is actually spot on.

Upvote 0