• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Racism on display

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 18, 2019.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,854
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    “I feel like the Republicans have failed to communicate our message,” said Jones. “We have all the policy positions that help black America, but we don’t go into those communities.”

Those BAD Democrats!

3. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,854
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Quote: “I was just asking these people simple questions about if they felt like the president should be impeached or not, these guys come up to me and they say, you know, ‘go back to Fox News to pick cotton,’ they say ‘go back to Kenya.’ This is who these people are. But I doubt many people in the media are going to condemn these people.”

4. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I agree, that is reprehensible behavior, out-and-out racism, on full display. It’s disgusting and out-of-line for people to mock and call people names and “go back to where you came from” is just terrible.

But Jones seems to be complaining about his own Party too?

5. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+6,773
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    They show what's really in their hearts.

You will know them by their fruits.

M - Bob

6. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,519
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Absolutely deplorable behavior. No one should be told to "go back where they came from" just because someone doesn't agree with their politics. I can't stress enough how much I despise hearing that sentiment be expressed. Even worse when it comes from someone supposedly defending ideals you believe in.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. danielmears

danielmears Member Supporter

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Atrocious behavior, Jones just wants the best for folks. I saw him talk on Fox and always liked him. If you don't agree with the far left they will attack you.

8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,808
    Christian
    Private
    We will never help our brother see if we dont first remove the log in our own eye.

9. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,401
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Outspoken people like that are offensive sometimes, aaaarrrrrgggg:(

10. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane Newbie

+3,533
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Irony meter something or other.

11. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I think that the last Republican Irony Meter was buried with John McCain.
    (Glad that autocorrect does fix “McCain” but not “trump”!)

12. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    No.
    Outspoken people are basically polemicists (they want you to see things “their way”), this requires thoughtful deliberation on just what to say.

These things mentioned in the OP are just vile, knee-jerk, racism that these people are probably embarrassed for having said!

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+9,112
    Other Religion
    I’d like to hear the first half of that comment about Kenya, because the caption they gave sure didn’t make it sound like the person was saying that to the reporter.

Also, lolol @ Hannity complaining about racist comments about sending people back to Kenya:
    Hannity Offers to Fly Obama to Kenya

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,955
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    No kidding. QFT.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  15. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+2,973
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    You'd better hope fruit grows on goats bob.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+7,990
    Christian
    When I consider the people that defended Roseanne's racist tweets are now up in arms over the racism here, you'll have to forgive me for dismissing your faux outrage. Especially when people legitimately went full paper bag test trying to argue that Valerie Jarrett was not African American.

17. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,401
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've seen people make rude comments and express no embarrassment. It's called being judgmental.

18. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Active Member

+354
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    I agree these are racist display .. but what do you call these comment;

An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @barackobama's birth certificate is a fraud.

"Why doesn't he show his birth certificate? There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't like."

He doesn't have a birth certificate, or if he does, there's something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me -- and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be -- that where it says 'religion,' it might have 'Muslim.' And if you're a Muslim, you don't change your religion, by the way."

19. danielmears

danielmears Member Supporter

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The good news is God's power supersedes politics and what appears to be. That is, when we walk by faith and not by sight, not looking at what appears to be, we are blessed regardless of whether you even have a political affiliation. We are to, be one with God and one another walking in love and light! Love casts out fear, for with God all things are possible. Glory to God!

20. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,955
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I agree. I don't think we should take their alleged outrage seriously, especially when they continue to loyally support and defend Donald Trump, despite knowing full well what kind of person he is.