Racially Hostile Environment

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It seems that Smith college is a hot bed for a racially hostile environment. It's being pointed out by a life long liberal white woman.

This is just a test of what the WOKE culture has come to. Demands that people admit white privilege, working on implicit bias as a matter of employment. That white people are responsible for doing the work of dismantling racism. Students being embolbened to act abusively and the terror that any unverified alligation of an 'ism' will crush reputations, and livelihoods. And can endanger a person or their family.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-resigns-woke-college-racially-hostile-environment

A janitor at this college was falsely accused of racism by a female black student.

How a racism accusation, and resulting lack of evidence, is riling Smith College

Despite these findings, the college doubled down on its initial stance: President McCartney thundered, “It is impossible to rule out the potential role of implicit racial bias” — even though the investigation she commissioned left no basis for ruling it in. At one point, Smith College even encouraged the cafeteria worker, Jackie Blair, to attend “restorative justice” sessions to facilitate a “willing apology.” She quite reasonably asked, “Why would I do this?” After all, she noted, “This student called me a racist, and I did nothing.”

For these employees, the consequences of being wrongly accused were devastating. Blair found notes calling her a racist in her mailbox and taped to her car. She received phone calls that threatened, “You don’t deserve to live.” A potential employer asked about her purported racism in a job interview. The stress exacerbated her lupus, eventually forcing her into the hospital. In a poignant moment at the end of the Times article, she asks, “What do I do? When does this racist label go away?

A Janitor and Security Officer Did Their Jobs; Smith College Branded Them Racists – InsideSources

There are other stories about this targeting of white people for being white. Trying to shame and attack people for the color of their skin. Racism is alive and well within the WOKE culture.

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems that Smith college is a hot bed for a racially hostile environment. It's being pointed out by a life long liberal white woman.

This is just a test of what the WOKE culture has come to. Demands that people admit white privilege, working on implicit bias as a matter of employment. That white people are responsible for doing the work of dismantling racism. Students being embolbened to act abusively and the terror that any unverified alligation of an 'ism' will crush reputations, and livelihoods. And can endanger a person or their family.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-resigns-woke-college-racially-hostile-environment

A janitor at this college was falsely accused of racism by a female black student.

How a racism accusation, and resulting lack of evidence, is riling Smith College

Despite these findings, the college doubled down on its initial stance: President McCartney thundered, “It is impossible to rule out the potential role of implicit racial bias” — even though the investigation she commissioned left no basis for ruling it in. At one point, Smith College even encouraged the cafeteria worker, Jackie Blair, to attend “restorative justice” sessions to facilitate a “willing apology.” She quite reasonably asked, “Why would I do this?” After all, she noted, “This student called me a racist, and I did nothing.”

For these employees, the consequences of being wrongly accused were devastating. Blair found notes calling her a racist in her mailbox and taped to her car. She received phone calls that threatened, “You don’t deserve to live.” A potential employer asked about her purported racism in a job interview. The stress exacerbated her lupus, eventually forcing her into the hospital. In a poignant moment at the end of the Times article, she asks, “What do I do? When does this racist label go away?

A Janitor and Security Officer Did Their Jobs; Smith College Branded Them Racists – InsideSources

There are other stories about this targeting of white people for being white. Trying to shame and attack people for the color of their skin. Racism is alive and well within the WOKE culture.
Hello, this is my first day on here. I apologized for not staying on topic. I need to know of if it is possible to copy/paste on here. I have not been successful so far. Thanks

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hello, this is my first day on here. I apologized for not staying on topic. I need to know of if it is possible to copy/paste on here. I have not been successful so far. Thanks

If you Reply to a post, it auto quotes.

To queue quotes from multiple posts, you can use +Quote. You must then use the Insert Quotes button to insert the quotes into the editor.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like racism goes both ways to me.
Hello, I need to know if we can copy/paste on here? This is my first day on this website. Thanks

To queue quotes from multiple posts, you can use +Quote. You must then use the Insert Quotes button to insert the quotes into the editor.

Thanks friend, I was wanting to copy/paste Bible verses from other websites. So I don't have to type out every verse. Can this be done? Thanks again

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like racism goes both ways to me.
Hello, I need to know if we can copy/paste on here? This is my first day on this website. Thanks

Thanks friend, I am wanting to put Bible verses from other websites that I have copied to my clipboard. Is this possible to do on here?

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Thanks friend, I was wanting to copy/paste Bible verses from other websites. So I don't have to type out every verse. Can this be done? Thanks again

Yes. You can just copy/paste into the editor from any website and format it the way you want to present it. When you put verses in your post, links are created. Like this: John 3:16-17

I've found one instance, however, where it didn't create a link on a verse, so I had to use a link to a Bible website instead. For the most part you should get links to verses automatically.

Look at the buttons above the editor. There are indent buttons, add/clear hyperlink and many more.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. You can just copy/paste into the editor from any website and format it the way you want to present it. When you put verses in your post, links are created. Like this: John 3:16-17

I've found one instance, however, where it didn't create a link on a verse, so I had to use a link to a Bible website instead. For the most part you should get links to verses automatically.

Look at the buttons above the editor. There are indent buttons, add/clear hyperlink and many more.
Thanks friend!!! Strange I posted for the first time today on a different forum. I could not copy/paste any verses off my clipboard. And when I typed in a book chapter and verse no links came up. I'll keep trying to get it to work. Thanks

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks friend!!! Strange I posted for the first time today on a different forum. I could not copy/paste any verses off my clipboard. And when I typed in a book chapter and verse no links came up. I'll keep trying to get it to work. Thanks
When I copy scripture from elsewhere I just highlight as much as I want to copy in another window, right click hit copy, come back here and paste. Very simple.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2019
Somewhere
✟30,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I copy scripture from elsewhere I just highlight as much as I want to copy in another window, right click hit copy, come back here and paste. Very simple.
My tablet for some reason won't let me do that. I do it on YouTube comment sections. Thanks and sorry for not being on topic.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The woke culture is proving itself to be sick and twisted. It's racist and demeaning. Being white is considered to inherently racist and whatever a white person says or does must be looked at through that lense. It's a culture that leads to discrimination and assumed guilt. You are guilty of whatever you are accused of because you are white. It's far more pervasive and being taught in businesses and government and schools. If you disagree with the premise then you are proving yourself to be racist and deserving of being ostricized, marginalized or fired.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I think I found a better article:

Inside a Battle Over Race, Class and Power at Smith College

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. — In midsummer of 2018, Oumou Kanoute, a Black student at Smith College, recounted a distressing American tale: She was eating lunch in a dorm lounge when a janitor and a campus police officer walked over and asked her what she was doing there.

The officer, who could have been carrying a “lethal weapon,” left her near “meltdown,” Ms. Kanoute wrote on Facebook, saying that this encounter continued a yearlong pattern of harassment at Smith.

“All I did was be Black,” Ms. Kanoute wrote. “It’s outrageous that some people question my being at Smith College, and my existence overall as a woman of color.”

The college’s president, Kathleen McCartney, offered profuse apologies and put the janitor on paid leave. “This painful incident reminds us of the ongoing legacy of racism and bias,” the president wrote, “in which people of color are targeted while simply going about the business of their ordinary lives.”......

Less attention was paid three months later when a law firm hired by Smith College to investigate the episode found no persuasive evidence of bias. Ms. Kanoute was determined to have eaten in a deserted dorm that had been closed for the summer; the janitor had been encouraged to notify security if he saw unauthorized people there. The officer, like all campus police, was unarmed.

Smith College officials emphasized “reconciliation and healing” after the incident. In the months to come they announced a raft of anti-bias training for all staff, a revamped and more sensitive campus police force and the creation of dormitories — as demanded by Ms. Kanoute and her A.C.L.U. lawyer — set aside for Black students and other students of color.

But they did not offer any public apology or amends to the workers whose lives were gravely disrupted by the student’s accusation.......

Faculty members, however, pointed to a pattern that they say reflects the college’s growing timidity in the face of allegations from students, especially around the issue of race and ethnicity. In 2016, students denounced faculty at Smith’s social work program as racist after some professors questioned whether admissions standards for the program had been lowered and this was affecting the quality of the field work. Dennis Miehls, one of the professors they decried, left the school not long after.

The atmosphere at Smith is gaining attention nationally, in part because a recently resigned employee of the school, Jodi Shaw, has attracted a fervent YouTube following by decrying what she sees as the college’s insistence that its white employees, through anti-bias training, accept the theory of structural racism.

“Stop demanding that I admit to white privilege, and work on my so-called implicit bias as a condition of my continued employment,” Ms. Shaw, who is also a 1993 graduate of Smith and who worked in the residential life department, said in one of her videos. After months of clashing with the administration, Ms. Shaw resigned last week and appears likely to sue the school, calling it a “racially hostile workplace.”

Her claims drew headlines from Fox News to Rolling Stone this week. Alumni, faculty and students continue to debate the issue. All of this arose from the events of July 31, 2018.
Ms. Kanoute also posted accusations about other staff members at Smith that were unwarrented.
I am glad newspapers are pointing out the problem at Smith. The are going biased the other way.

But I also think it also wrong to swing the other way and refer to all "woke" folks "twisted and sick".

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think I found a better article:

Inside a Battle Over Race, Class and Power at Smith College

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. — In midsummer of 2018, Oumou Kanoute, a Black student at Smith College, recounted a distressing American tale: She was eating lunch in a dorm lounge when a janitor and a campus police officer walked over and asked her what she was doing there.

The officer, who could have been carrying a “lethal weapon,” left her near “meltdown,” Ms. Kanoute wrote on Facebook, saying that this encounter continued a yearlong pattern of harassment at Smith.

“All I did was be Black,” Ms. Kanoute wrote. “It’s outrageous that some people question my being at Smith College, and my existence overall as a woman of color.”

The college’s president, Kathleen McCartney, offered profuse apologies and put the janitor on paid leave. “This painful incident reminds us of the ongoing legacy of racism and bias,” the president wrote, “in which people of color are targeted while simply going about the business of their ordinary lives.”......

Less attention was paid three months later when a law firm hired by Smith College to investigate the episode found no persuasive evidence of bias. Ms. Kanoute was determined to have eaten in a deserted dorm that had been closed for the summer; the janitor had been encouraged to notify security if he saw unauthorized people there. The officer, like all campus police, was unarmed.

Smith College officials emphasized “reconciliation and healing” after the incident. In the months to come they announced a raft of anti-bias training for all staff, a revamped and more sensitive campus police force and the creation of dormitories — as demanded by Ms. Kanoute and her A.C.L.U. lawyer — set aside for Black students and other students of color.

But they did not offer any public apology or amends to the workers whose lives were gravely disrupted by the student’s accusation.......

Faculty members, however, pointed to a pattern that they say reflects the college’s growing timidity in the face of allegations from students, especially around the issue of race and ethnicity. In 2016, students denounced faculty at Smith’s social work program as racist after some professors questioned whether admissions standards for the program had been lowered and this was affecting the quality of the field work. Dennis Miehls, one of the professors they decried, left the school not long after.

The atmosphere at Smith is gaining attention nationally, in part because a recently resigned employee of the school, Jodi Shaw, has attracted a fervent YouTube following by decrying what she sees as the college’s insistence that its white employees, through anti-bias training, accept the theory of structural racism.

“Stop demanding that I admit to white privilege, and work on my so-called implicit bias as a condition of my continued employment,” Ms. Shaw, who is also a 1993 graduate of Smith and who worked in the residential life department, said in one of her videos. After months of clashing with the administration, Ms. Shaw resigned last week and appears likely to sue the school, calling it a “racially hostile workplace.”

Her claims drew headlines from Fox News to Rolling Stone this week. Alumni, faculty and students continue to debate the issue. All of this arose from the events of July 31, 2018.
Ms. Kanoute also posted accusations about other staff members at Smith that were unwarrented.
I am glad newspapers are pointing out the problem at Smith. The are going biased the other way.

But I also think it also wrong to swing the other way and refer to all "woke" folks "twisted and sick".

Not all Woke folks are. I never said they were. It's the WOKE movement that is. A lot if people jump in the pool without thinking. I mean it sounds good to recognize that blacks suffered from racist white people in the south right? We all want to recognize that Jim Crow and slavery was horrible. And all of us want to recognize that all men are created equal. So we are in.

But what we don't know is that the WOKE movement is far more than just wanting blacks treated with equality. No we have to recognize we are racists to the core and must be discriminated against and receive our due for being so. And we must pay, oh yes, we must pay for our evil whiteness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not all Woke folks are. I never said they were. It's the WOKE movement that is. A lot if people jump in the pool without thinking. I mean it sounds good to recognize that blacks suffered from racist white people in the south right? We all want to recognize that Jim Crow and slavery was horrible. And all of us want to recognize that all men are created equal. So we are in.

But what we don't know is that the WOKE movement is far more than just wanting blacks treated with equality. No we have to recognize we are racists to the core and must be discriminated against and receive our due for being so. And we must pay, oh yes, we must pay for our evil whiteness.
It wasn't just in the south and there continue to be issues.

But folks seem to swing from one extreme to the other.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
White fragility ahoy.
Ringo

Another piece of the WOKE movement. You are racist to the core cause your white. And if you disagree then that proves you are racist. Moreover if you disagree that you should pay for your racism you suffer from white fragility.

You are proving my points with clarity.thatcthe movement is twisted and sick.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It wasn't just in the south and there continue to be issues.

But folks seem to swing from one extreme to the other.

The Democrat south is where slavery occurred and where Jim Crow occured.

And to say blacks never had issues anywhere else would certainly be wrong. And to say that blacks do not have have never suffered any issues is also wrong. However, the obstacles that have prevented them from becoming successful have been removed. This country is not a racist country. We by and large believe and want all people to become all they can be here. We are not a racist nation. However the WOKE movement says we whites are inherently racist and must be punished for being so. And one of the biggest ways to do that is to have policies or laws that discriminate against white people. And in some places they want things to be taken away from white people and given to black people.

Upvote 0