r you allowed to make-out prior to marriage?

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

Regardless, the simple answer to your question is that if you are practicing these acts and are having any doubt, don't do it. Romans 14:23

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Anyone have answers for me to learn? Thank you

If not sex/intercourse, what exactly does this "making out" include? Please describe in detail, providing diagrams as appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: Neo_Frisk
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
touching each other up. I'm not good at internet technology for diagrams, sorry!

"Touching each other up" sounds sexual, so I'd say wait til after marriage. That's just my own suggestion. Things I do think are okay before marriage - holding hands, hugs (but not prolonged ones), single kisses ("pecks") on such places as forehead, hand and cheek, staring contests.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask the question...What would Mary and Joseph advise?
redleghunter, I'm not very well-versed in the bible about Mary and Joseph. i thought they born jesus without having sex.
Ttalkkugjil, of course i do think it's best to make-out w/ someone you're going to marry. i just asked the question i think it would have to be w/ someone who you will marry bc i thought in cases where you two don't totally match but you still like each other and haven't met the perfect one yet so you said no, you can do so w/ someone even if it's not going to be the one you're going to marry. is it biblical?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Ttalkkugjil, of course i do think it's best to make-out w/ someone you're going to marry.
Really. And what's your justification for that beyond raging hormones?

thelord's said:
i just asked the question i think it would have to be w/ someone who you will marry bc i thought in cases where you two don't totally match but you still like each other and haven't met the perfect one yet so you said no, you can do so w/ someone even if it's not going to be the one you're going to marry. is it biblical?

There is no perfect one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really. And what's your justification for that beyond raging hormones?

There is no perfect one.
I have never had a relationship so I like love and experimentation and to feel nice and so do you. perhaps so, there is no perfect one.
Perhaps engaging in Bible study would be the more appropriate activity then.
right now I'm on medication so I don't feel/have the motivation to read the bible. I've read the whole thing before that but it's not too clear. You can get help even so on a forum in such cases.

[Staff edit].

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
except i understand you're probably just questioning me in suspicion bc you don't know me and that's ok. but withdrawing help from people is wrong when they would like to learn in a way that is suitable for them now like not answering the question about Mary and Joseph.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Simple answer to your question:

I Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man NOT to touch a woman. (vice versa).

This word touch is a word that means touching to get each other sexually excited or aroused. That would mean petting, fondling parts of the body, etc.

The issue is not to feel good but to obey the Lord. Those who play with fire get burned. If you continue this, you will you end up committing sexual immorality, fornicating, sinning sexually.

I Thessalonians 4:3-6 For it is God’s will that you should be holy: You must abstain from sexual immorality; each of you must know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion like the Gentiles who do not know God...And no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard, because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.

We are not to exploit or 'over reach' against a brother or sister in Christ by touching them in a manner that is just for lustful passion or self-gratification. God is not pleased at all with this. Treat yourself with self-respect as a woman of God, who loves the Lord & desires to obey Him. I hope that helps. You asked & there are biblical answers.

Find people of like-mind. Get to know people as friends. That makes the best relationship for a marriage in the future. Not only someone you can't live without but also someone you have learned to live with, in peace.

I apologize for the intrusion in hermeneutics.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are not to exploit or 'over reach' against a brother or sister in Christ by touching them in a manner that is just for lustful passion or self-gratification. God is not pleased at all with this. Treat yourself with self-respect as a woman of God, who loves the Lord & desires to obey Him. I hope that helps. You asked & there are biblical answers.
Hi Mathetes66, I noticed some things in your quote above that I overlooked if that's the word. You said that We r not to.. and the 'just' for lustful passion or self-gratification. I was not talking about "just" to lustful passion or self-gratification but if it was w/ someone you liked. You misunderstood me! Thanks everyone

Upvote 0