Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is your interpretation of Daniel? That could be any teen today playing video games hours on end.
Even Jesus was a teenager once, so I guess the antichrist could have a childhood also.

Furthermore, my interpretation consists of many parallel possible interpretations. However, the english language only affords to speak of one at a time.

Upvote 0

JMireles

Dec 25, 2020
Midwest
✟17,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In Daniel 9, there is a prince described who is the one we know as "The Antichrist",

"And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God; 21Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. 22And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. 23At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate." Daniel 9:20-27

This prophecy tells of both the advent of Jesus, and the coming of the Antichrist, but of course, there is more. This person is also who Jesus referred to as the Abomination of Desolation in Matt. 24:15 and Mark 13:14. Add to this what Daniel said in the 11th chapter, verses 36-39,

"And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. 38But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain."

And also Daniel 12:11, "And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days."

Moving forward to Revelation, the Antichrist is the first beast, while the false Messiah is the second (Rev. 13). This is also consistent with Daniel 7, and the prophecy of the beasts found from verse one to verse eight.

To answer your questions, first question applies to Islam because they 1) claim to worship the same God, 2) acknowledge that Scripture is the inspired Word of God, but contradict it and twist it at every turn, 3) lifted God, Jesus and the whole Trinity out of context and created a twisted caricature of the godhead, 4) one of the people who convinced Muhammad of his prophethood was a Christian named Waraqa, and 5) all of this means that the first one applies because, as verse 19 says, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." They have taken our faith and sent it through a room full of funhouse mirrors.

The second question applies because they deny Jesus' divinity. According to the Qur'an, Jesus is nothing more than a human prophet. In fact, the Jesus we know and worship is a blasphemy according to them. The worst kind, known as "shirk", which is assigning partners with the great god Allah. As far as they're concerned, the image of Jesus found in the Bible is a false image, which means that they deny that He came in the flesh. The Jesus THEY claim existed is a false image found solely in the pages of the Qur'an. They don't even call him by the correct name. His name in the Qur'an in Isa, which is the Arabic version of Esau, and we know that Scripture says that the Lord hated Esau. Do note that Jesus' Hebrew name is Yeshua, and that the Arabic version of Yeshua is Yasua, not Isa.

The answer to the third question is a resounding "Yes!". The Qur'an plainly states that Allah isn't the father of anyone, as he doesn't have a wife (wrap your head around that one). According to the Qur'an, the best relationship a human can hope to have with Allah is that of slave and master.

Finally, number four, the answer is also yes. In this verse, the reference is being made to the last age, the last dispensation before the end. Nothing in that passage says anything about a specific time, which is consistent with Jesus' statement that no one knows when then end come except for the Father. All of the New Covenant writers make clear that we are to always expect the end at any moment, without knowing when it will be beforehand.

Now, are there any modern-day Muslims who fit the bill of the Antichrist? Not yet, but according to Muhammad, there will be. There is a figure known as Imam al-Mahdi who will come to unite the world under a worldwide Caliphate, who will usher in the day of judgment, and who will be assisted by Isa in these efforts. His arrival will not come until after Israel is completely destroyed by Muslim armies in a fiery war that will be so complete and totally destructive that even the rocks and trees will call out to Muslims to kill the Jews hiding behind them. Imam al-Mahdi will rule peacefully for seven years, and this will lead to the end. In fact, Imam al-Mahdi is described as doing everything the Abomination of Desolation in Daniel is described as doing, along with everything that the Beast does in Revelation, with the exception of breaking the peace treaty halfway through. That is the only point of departure between the two eschatological traditions.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Out of curiosity, who do y'all think the Antichrist will be? I've been studying the evidence for quite some time, and have come to the conclusion that the Antichrist will be a specific Muslim figure, but I would like to know what y'all think and why.
Welcome to the forum JMireles. The Antichrist cannot be a muslim. His religion has to be Judaism, and also be a Jew - to become the Antichrist - the instead of and against, Jesus - the Christ, King of Israel (the rightful King of Israel, the one coming in the name of the Lord, and not his own name.)

The muslim Antichrist idea comes basically from a misunderstanding of the term Antichrist. The common perception is that the term is a blanket term for the arch villain of the end times. But in actuality the person is the "Antichrist" only for the time he becomes the King of Israel - perceived to be the promised messiah by the Jews - that lasts for around three years - until he betrays them (by claiming to have achieved God-hood). Ending his time as the Antichrist, as the Jews will reject him as continuing as their king.

The next functional role for the person will be as the beast in Revelation 13. He will be a king still at that time, but of the end times Roman Empire, the EU, dictator.

begins as little horn - functional role = leader of the EU.

then for three years (thereabouts) - functional role = the King of Israel, but coming in his own name.

then for 42 months - functional role = the dictator of the EU.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Out of curiosity, who do y'all think the Antichrist will be? I've been studying the evidence for quite some time, and have come to the conclusion that the Antichrist will be a specific Muslim figure, but I would like to know what y'all think and why.
I think of the antichrist as a spirit that anyone can adopt, so you might see numerous people displaying as “the antichrist” through history but in the future too

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,956.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A Muslim only has power and influence in the Muslim world. He would be very unattractive as a leader in Europe over Christians who think they have something better and over Liberals who value their choices. He has no sway in the USA, China, India or Russia either. If an AntiChrist emerges in this generation I would say he would have to be American or European, say that he was a Christian, but with very liberal and indeed contradictory views of what that means. He would have a global appeal and that appeal would reach deep into the church. He would offer the world a vision of tomorrow that was powerful and seductive but not Christian.

American possibilities would probably revolve around a president. Trump has given us clues on what a great Deceiver could look like in the modern age but he lacks the global appeal of the AntiChrist and for all his faults has done some actual good things for the church. Obama was called an AntiChrist but never had the appeal and deceptive power over the church required. So if the AntiChrist is due this generation I think we are still waiting for an American president to take that role. But it cannot be Biden cause he does not have the charisma or energy. It cannot be Kamala Harris cause she is a woman and it cannot be Trump in 24 as he lacks the global appeal.

European possibilities are limited by the relative weakness and political disunity of the EU. But we might envisage a powerful charismatic figure in the EU creating a new kind of unity overriding national differences and giving a new passion and energy to the unifying theme of the EU. This figure is no where in sight right now and would have to be truly remarkable and indeed supernatural to overcome the obstacles in their way.

So right now we do not know, but not a Muslim more likely European or North American. Ask me in 20 years and I might change my mind and say Chinese.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The image will be Satan's Messiah. Revelation 13:14-15

14 It deceives the people living on earth by the miracles it is allowed to perform in the presence of the beast, and it tells them to make an image honoring the beast that was struck by the sword but came alive again.
15 It was allowed to put breath into the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast could even speak; and it was allowed to cause anyone who would not worship the image of the beast to be put to death.

Please don't call him "his messiah", and especially not with capital "m". "The devil's false messiah" would work.

I think he will come from the New Age movement.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

if you do not believe God dwells in all flesh then you perception is one of antichrist as in not the truth, but a lie ...

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Christ suddenly comes to His temple, the man of sin is revealed.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The 666 of scripture was Nero. There are many antichrists, namely those who are not believers.

Having said that, we Christians would be better served studying theology, working on personal holiness and spreading the faith. Spending our time trying to predict future events is a waste and has proven to be little more than idle speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I pulling on my hair, fortunately it is not coming out, although thinning a little bit !

DON'T CALL THE PERSON THE ANTICHRIST IN BLANKET FASHION. CALL HIM....as appropriate....

The little horn - applying when the person is the leader of the EU, pre Gog/Magog.

The Antichrist - applying when the person for a short time is the King of Israel, but coming in his own name

The beast - applying when the person is the dictator of the EU, and global Adoph Hitler similitude, worshiped, blaspheming God.

THAT'S ONLY THREE TERMS, WE NEED TO REFER TO THE PERSON....the little horn person....the Antichrist person....the beast person

So when we are talking about the person in Revelation for example - we use the term "the beast person". NOT ANTICHRIST.

When we are talking pre-Gog/Magog timeframe - we use the term "the little horn person" NOT ANTICHRIST.

When we are talking about when the 7 years begin, when the person has been anointed the King of Israel and up to when he commits the transgression of desolation act - THEN THAT IS WHEN we use the term "the Antichrist"

The little horn person... the Antichrist person.... the beast person.

This is going to be an uphill climb...as I am trying to change the habits of 99.999% per cent of the people out there.

an analogy.... one person who advances in his career,

mayor (the little horn)

governor (the Antichrist)

president (the beast)

called the person by the right term, according to the functional role he is in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The antichrist is anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ or who does not acknowledge that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
You are right about the antichrist being anyone who is not born again. Please consider that 666 is man. The battle has always been between The Spirit and the flesh. Christ makes captivity captive to conquer the beast which is the flesh. Even Peter denied Christ before he was born again. This is a big lesson among many in The New Testament that deal with The Spiritual rebirth.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The antichrist of scripture was a specific heretical spirit that affected many in the 1st century.
The antichrist of scripture is not a present day or future singular world leader/despot/tyrant.
Such is purely a creation of man made, unbiblical tradition.
1st John 2:18Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist (singular) is coming, so now many antichrists have come.
It's true there are many you have the AC spirit. But, there is one coming. It's clear from the passage above that the readers had been taught this and were expecting him.
It's biblical. Every ECF was expecting an individual AC and the future coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

• Agree
Reactions: JMireles
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st John 2:18Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist (singular) is coming, so now many antichrists have come.
It's true there are many you have the AC spirit. But, there is one coming. It's clear from the passage above that the readers had been taught this and were expecting him.
It's biblical. Every ECF was expecting an individual AC and the future coming of our Lord Jesus Christ
I believe that there seems to be a physical manifestation of the spiritual reality.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think it's going to be someone from a different race of people not from this planet. Who knows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JMireles

Dec 25, 2020
Midwest
✟17,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think of the antichrist as a spirit that anyone can adopt, so you might see numerous people displaying as “the antichrist” through history but in the future too
What I'm referring to is a specific figure that appears in Scripture, one that is known to usher in the end times. A person can be antichrist, but the Antichrist is someone entirely different.

Upvote 0

JMireles

Dec 25, 2020
Midwest
✟17,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum JMireles. The Antichrist cannot be a muslim. His religion has to be Judaism, and also be a Jew - to become the Antichrist - the instead of and against, Jesus - the Christ, King of Israel (the rightful King of Israel, the one coming in the name of the Lord, and not his own name.)

The muslim Antichrist idea comes basically from a misunderstanding of the term Antichrist. The common perception is that the term is a blanket term for the arch villain of the end times. But in actuality the person is the "Antichrist" only for the time he becomes the King of Israel - perceived to be the promised messiah by the Jews - that lasts for around three years - until he betrays them (by claiming to have achieved God-hood). Ending his time as the Antichrist, as the Jews will reject him as continuing as their king.

The next functional role for the person will be as the beast in Revelation 13. He will be a king still at that time, but of the end times Roman Empire, the EU, dictator.

begins as little horn - functional role = leader of the EU.

then for three years (thereabouts) - functional role = the King of Israel, but coming in his own name.

then for 42 months - functional role = the dictator of the EU.
Not necessarily. The Muslim idea of Dajaal, their antichrist, comes as opposition to a returned Jesus (Isa). The Hadith bears this out, considering it declares that the most awful name in Allah's sight on Judgment Day will be a man calling himself Malik al-Amlak, or King of Kings.

Upvote 0

JMireles

Dec 25, 2020
Midwest
✟17,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
A Muslim wouldn't have any kind of appeal here? Tell that to Sidiq Khan, the Mayor of London, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and all of the Leftists who've become a chorus of screeching Banshees every time anyone speaks ill of Islam. Side note: The Chinese do have the reach, the resources, and the ambition. Still, I don't see them as being it.

Upvote 0

JMireles

Dec 25, 2020
Midwest
✟17,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
if you do not believe God dwells in all flesh then you perception is one of antichrist as in not the truth, but a lie ...
I'm not sure what this has to do with my question. I'm making reference to a specific person who will be involved in the end times.

Upvote 0