Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Missed part of the quote : "according to two people familiar with the exchange."

Guess anonymous sources are back to being acceptable, kinda the mirror image of deficits suddenly mattering again.
And those who accepted those anonymous sources previously have had a sudden about face.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I don't have a problem with the President of the United States taking the necessary time to make important issues, consult with his advisors, listen to the experts, and not rush into any hasty decisions that could come back to bite him later. It's certainly refreshing compared to his predecessor who couldn't be bothered to read Intelligence reports and had a 92% turnover during his presidency.
Interesting because the last thing I want is a president who cannot make command decisions, there are no perfect solutions, not making a decision is a decision in itself. “A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.” General Patton.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
AND what I find is funny is that those same people who believed everything that the NYT wrote about Trump now find what they have written about Biden to be so untrue. Talk about inconsistencies.
AND what I find is funny is that those same people who believed everything that the NYT wrote about Trump now find what they have written about Biden to be so untrue. Talk about inconsistencies.

I can’t speak for others, but as I wrote in my post, I find the article refreshing that we have a Leader who take time, who push his aids, who try to relate a complex policy like climate change would effect truck driver in southern PA.

It’s not about Biden supporter or Trump supporter, my post is about your view.. in one thread you say NYT is not credible, yet you start a thread with their article.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can’t speak for others, but as I wrote in my post, I find the article refreshing that we have a Leader who take time, who push his aids, who try to relate a complex policy like climate change would effect truck driver in southern PA.

It’s not about Biden supporter or Trump supporter, my post is about your view.. in one thread you say NYT is not credible, yet you start a thread with their article.
Let me explain it like this for some people it is accurate when it bashes Trump and inaccurate when is critical of Biden, do you see now?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Let me explain it like this for some people it is accurate when it bashes Trump and inaccurate when is critical of Biden, do you see now?

It’s not about others. It’s about you . Either you take NYT as a credible media or you don’t. In past thread, as I pointed out in my post, you say “ NYT is not a credible media”, yet, you start a thread with their article and want to “catch” others for double standard.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I don't see anyone saying the article is inaccurate, just that we don't see what it describes as being a problem. Personally I WANT leaders to think about things in detail and consult widely before making decisions that can effect millions of people.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It’s not about others. It’s about you . Either you take NYT as a credible media or you don’t. In past thread, as I pointed out in my post, you say “ NYT is not a credible media”, yet, you start a thread with their article and want to “catch” others for double standard.

It's an apparent attempt to "own the libs" and an attempt to accuse liberals of a double standard while clearly exhibiting a double standard. "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,433,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yet oddly, I'm not seeing anyone disagree with the NYT article you posted.

Or are these "same people" a figment of your imagination Clint?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Imagine that? A chief executive who demands details and then deploys resources to save American lives.

Let us hope it starts a trend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They might be. And you're entitled to your own view of the matter.

Other people with somewhat different perspectives are entitled to their preferences, too.

What I said was that I would "feel better" if his own grandchildren were not his "his lifeline to popular culture and consumer technology." And yes, I would feel better about it if he chose someone else.

Perhaps his children instead of his grandchildren?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It not about me, Much of what the NYT published about Trump was found to be wrong when all the facts were determined.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see anyone saying the article is inaccurate, just that we don't see what it describes as being a problem. Personally I WANT leaders to think about things in detail and consult widely before making decisions that can effect millions of people.
I think we all want that but we still have a border crisis and nothing seems to be happening to resolve it, it has been going on since Biden came into office, how long does he need to think it over? He created the problem, maybe he should have used some of that thinking and consulting before he fixed something that was not broken.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's an apparent attempt to "own the libs" and an attempt to accuse liberals of a double standard while clearly exhibiting a double standard. "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
I would be more than happy to discuss double standards, there is one example after another of double standards and they almost all come from one side of the debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting because the last thing I want is a president who cannot make command decisions, there are no perfect solutions, not making a decision is a decision in itself. “A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.” General Patton.

Thinking is for girly-men! Some folks prefer a man who makes his business decisions by the seat of his pants, and judging by the number of mistresses, makes his marital decisions by the front of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Kratzo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think we all want that but we still have a border crisis and nothing seems to be happening to resolve it, it has been going on since Biden came into office, how long does he need to think it over? He created the problem, maybe he should have used some of that thinking and consulting before he fixed something that was not broken.

It was very broken. Keeping kids in cages and splitting them up from their families without even keeping proper records of families was utterly barbaric and bordering on a crime against humanity.

But I know our definitions of 'broken' are very different.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thinking is for girly-men! Some folks prefer a man who makes his business decisions by the seat of his pants, and judging by the number of mistresses, makes his marital decisions by the front of them.

Oh... that's goooood

• Friendly
Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,538.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh no! Not thinking! Anything but that in the leader of the a superpower!

What we need in the man who holds power over the most powerfull country in the world and its nuclear arsenal is someone who goes by the gut and shoots from the hip.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,538.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'd feel better if his preferred advisors were not his grandchildren, and he did spend a whole day at work.
Says the guy who supports the last president, who got his whole extended family into office in a grand nepotism bonanza and who spent most of his days in front of the TV or golfing.

Upvote 0