• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Questions about iconography...

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,502,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By the way is there a way to offer to pay for the costs of serving an unscheduled liturgy and Holy Unction without inadvertently appearing to attempt to suborn simony? I know it is de rigeur for the married couple to pay the church for weddings and so on and Roman Catholics have mass stipends, but I thought I’d ask before requesting a Holy Unction and an unscheduled liturgy.
what do you mean?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟520,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
what do you mean?

Should I offer to make a donation, or is there a fee or stipend I should be expected to pay, so as to compensate members of the choir and the priest, for doing a previously unscheduled liturgy and a holy unction service at my request due to my health problems?

I have never had to ask for a Trebnik service before other than Chrismation and so this is a bit new to me.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,502,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Should I offer to make a donation, or is there a fee or stipend I should be expected to pay, so as to compensate members of the choir and the priest, for doing a previously unscheduled liturgy and a holy unction service at my request due to my health problems?

I have never had to ask for a Trebnik service before other than Chrismation and so this is a bit new to me.
if it were me I’d say give to the Church, but ask the priest.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟520,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
if it were me I’d say give to the Church, but ask the priest.

Indeed, I am just wondering if I should include that in the request up front. I have budgeted $1,000 for it.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,502,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, I am just wondering if I should include that in the request up front. I have budgeted $1,000 for it.
I dunno, ask him. if he says no, it’d make a great donation.

Upvote 0