1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question.

Discussion in 'Let's Jam!' started by xpunkskaterx, Dec 30, 2004.

1. xpunkskaterx

xpunkskaterx Go Leafs Go

+34
    Christian
    In Relationship
    CA-Greens
    I didnt know where to put this question, so i thought id use everybody's advice. Alright. In my room i have a soundboard/mixer, but when i hooked my laptop up to it, it makes this annoying screaming squeeling noise. But when i unplug my laptop and ust use the battery, it sounds perfect. I really dont want to always use my battery, anyone have any ideas?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Laia

Laia Roadie

+9
    Non-Denom
    it sounds like a line noise problem to me...

first off, is it a high-pich buzz or an actual squeel??

what kind of cord do you have running from your laptop to your mixer?? it could be picking up RF energy from the power source and creating that noise..
    it might be a matter of getting a better cord (high $ one)

3. xpunkskaterx

xpunkskaterx Go Leafs Go

+34
    Christian
    In Relationship
    CA-Greens
    OK. Its sort of like a high pitched buzz. But it has a low fuzziness to it too. Right now i have a couple cords ive been trying to use. But with each one i need to put a big to little thingy on it so it will fit in the whole. I looked for good quality chords today but i dont know if it will make a difference or not.

4. Durden Singer

Durden Singer New Member

+2
    Christian
    you need to get a better cable to hook your laptop to your deck. A thicker heavier which will be more resistant to interference.

5. xpunkskaterx

xpunkskaterx Go Leafs Go

+34
    Christian
    In Relationship
    CA-Greens
    ok thanks. Ill see if that will work

6. jbgordon

jbgordon Guitar Strummer

+6
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    What exactly are you trying to do and how are you hooking it all up? I might be able to help you if you can tell me those things.

7. xpunkskaterx

xpunkskaterx Go Leafs Go

+34
    Christian
    In Relationship
    CA-Greens
    im just trying to hook my laptop up tto mixer so i can use the mixer's speakers for my laptops sound. Also, i want to be able to plug my mixer back into my laptop so i can record stuff. Right now i just have a cord that hooks them together. I think it is a cheap cord, so that may be the problem. But i cant seem to find any better ones at any stores.

8. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

+29
    Christian
    Did you figure out the problem? I've got some additional ideas if not.

Dark Matter

9. Laia

Laia Roadie

+9
    Non-Denom
    if your mixing board has a place for rca plugs those usually work the best. i have a friend who does exactly what you're trying to do and his sounds great.

10. xpunkskaterx

xpunkskaterx Go Leafs Go

+34
    Christian
    In Relationship
    CA-Greens
    No. i bought new cords but it still squeels :(