question on the Ethics of Christianity (incest)

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I read the Statement of Purpose and it doesn't seem like this is the wrong section to post this in; rather, it looks to me that it is the best section so I will ask my question. In the Bible, only Adam and Eve were created to have children and only their children, brother and sister would be able to have more children, so that's incest and that's not right, right? Thanks :(

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In those days and later, when it was acceptable for half-siblings to marry (Abraham & Sarah), incest meant that just living under the same roof didn't make sex okay. Marriage (if eligible) was required first.

David's daughter, Tamar, was willing to marry her half-brother, Amnon. It was only sex outside of that context that she found to be unacceptable.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see anything in Scripture that would preclude other people from having been divinely created at that time.
That would mean that some family lines did not contain Original Sin.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't see anything in Scripture that would preclude other people from having been divinely created at that time.
Hello Mikha'el, there is this to consider as well,

Genesis 3
20 The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of ~all~ the living.

Biblically, our two progenitors were the only humans created by God. The rest of us, their progeny, are their begotten children.

--David

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,
I read the Statement of Purpose and it doesn't seem like this is the wrong section to post this in; rather, it looks to me that it is the best section so I will ask my question. In the Bible, only Adam and Eve were created to have children and only their children, brother and sister would be able to have more children, so that's incest and that's not right, right? Thanks :(

Adam and Eve were the first to have God breathe the breath of life into them. They were the first human animals to have souls from God.

The Garden where Adam and Eve were re-made was east of a city, Eden.

Upvote 0